Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Real You

The Game is Afoot

by SoulSushi 0 reviews

Let the Games begin!

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ichimaru Gin - Published: 2012-06-18 - Updated: 2012-06-18 - 1236 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 3
The Game is Afoot

After we had all pigged out on food, and had had a few cans of beer between us, Szayel suddenly remembered something.
“Hey Grimmy! Why don’t you go get that game you bought?” I shook my head.
“I bought it in this weird little shop. In all honesty, I don’t even know what’s in it.” They kinda stared at me.
“Go get it.” Nnoitra grinned. I rolled my eyes, got up, and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cookie as well as the big white box.
Once it was on the floor, Ilforte opened it up.
It was a load of card, and a sheet of instructions.
“A doll house? Of course, I forgot Grimmy likes to play with dolls!” I scrutinize Nnoitra.
“I don’t. Your boyfriend does. Remember who you’re sitting next to. And don’t call me Grimmy.” I sighed.
“Might as well.” We all crowded around it, slotting the pieces together like a jigsaw. The stupid thing even had miniature furniture to go with it.
Lastly, there were little pieces of paper left. Some square, some gingerbread man shaped; some with writing on. Gin read the instructions.
“First things first, we have to draw ourselves onto the people shaped pieces.” Szayel laughed.
“I’m not! I’ve got something perfect for the occasion!”
When I said Szayel had a thing for dolls, I meant it. He makes them, loads of the stuffed models. He’s got little versions of all of us too, apart from Gin obviously.
He slides them all into the house.
“Sorry Gin! It’s just you.” Gin smiled and nodded, then got back to reading the instructions.
“Next, on the square pieces, you have to draw your worst nightmare or fear, and stick them in different rooms, but you can’t let the other players see.” I picked up a piece of card, and watched the others faces.
Ilforte had started scribbling away roughly. Stark started soon after. Then, Szayel had a stroke of genius. Nnoitra then started, and then Gin.
I stared at the piece of paper. I didn’t know what to put, as I wasn’t afraid of much. I drew myself as small and weak. The others would get me. I didn’t like not being in control of a situation.
I stuck it in the last room from the attic. Gin picked up the instructions.
“The aim of the game is to start at the bottom, and make your way to the top, facing your worst fears as you go along. There is another world, unlike ours, called Huenco Mundo. To play the game, you have to enter that universe. To enter, you must swear the oath and pledge to the rune Alcatraz. He grinned.
“This is sounding very dark. I like it.”
“What’s the oath?” Stark asks.
“It says you have to swear that the game is real, and that anything you do is of your own choice. It also says, wait, apparently it can be a risk to your life.”
“Oh please, it’s only a game, brother!” Ilforte grinned. “Any other bad guys?”
“Ah, well, there’s also meant to be a character in the box that is called the ‘Murcielago Espada’. I pulled it out of the box, and immediately froze.
“What is it, Grimmy?” Gin asked. I couldn’t believe my eyes.
Pale white skin, black hair, and the saddest green eyes you’ve ever seen. Long white coat, small and thin.
No doubt, it was the guy from the store.
“Yoink!” Szayel pulled it out of my hands.
“Oh my, he’s pretty cute! A bit emo for my tastes, but still, cute!” He stuck the Murcielago Espada in the attic.
“Now for the oath.” Gin smiled.
“I swear that I’m gonna whoop the emo’s ass, brother!” He high fived Szayel.
“Count me in, honey bun. What’s the worst that could happen?” Gin nodded.
“I agree. It’s only a game. Nnoitra? Stark?” They nodded.
“Whatever the twins want.”
“Come on Grimmy!” I sighed.
“Just start already.” Nnoitra winked. Gin grabbed the instructions.
“Someone take a card, and read it.” Szayel leaned over Ilforte and Nnoitra to grab the first one.
“Your lives are in terrible danger. You cannot escape. None of the doors or windows in the building you are in will open.” He laughed, and walked to the window.
“See? It’s just a...” He attempted to open the window, but it was stuck. A flash of horror went over his face.
“Come here, Zay-Zay.” Nnoitra said, slowly getting up.
“It’s just jammed, right Grimmy?” I shook my head.
It was fine an hour ago.” Worried looks spread around the room.
“Carry on playing.” Stark sighed. “That’s all we can do now.”
Szayel and Nnoitra retook their places, both a bit shaken up. I think everyone in the room was at that point. Stark took the next card.
“You pledged that the game was real. It is now, and there’s no turning back. You accepted full responsibility for your actions. Now, there is a chill running through the house as Huenco Mundo enters your world. No open windows, remember.”
Suddenly, the houses temperature drops by about thirty degrees, and we can all see our breath.
Ilforte picks up the next one.
“You brought it upon yourselves. You are now bound body, mind and soul to the game. All your worst fears shall be brought to life. Even now, you are dressed to enter the game.” We all look down.
We all have white outfits on, similar to the store guy’s outfit. Szayel’s is really tight, with a long top, Ilforte’s more flowing, Starks got a long coat, Gin has too, and Nnoitra’s got a huge hood.
Mine is a tiny little white jacket that reaches my diaphragm, exposing my chest. I’m also wearing white trousers.
How the hell was that possible?
Gin reaches for the next card.
“It may seem impossible, but in Huenco Mundo, the laws your world abides by stand for nothing. You will see things that you believed are impossible.
In your world, it is impossible to die in a game.
Not here.
There is one among you I have chosen to be your leader. He will rescue the rest of you. He is the one who shall fight through your fears with you.
The clock shall start to chime nine o’clock.”
“But I don’t have a...clock.” I gulp. Although that may be true, we can still here it. It’s echoing through the house. I realise that parts of the living room are starting to fade, such as the sofa, the TV etcetera.
Quickly, I pick up the last card, racing through it as if my life depended on it.
“As the clock chimes nine, the world around you disappears as you are drawn into my world. Do not panic, no harm will come to you yet.
See you at nine.” The clock chimes the last few times.
Szayel’s crying into Nnoitra’s shoulder, scared out of his wits, Nnoitra’s trying to keep him calm, Ilforte and Stark are gripping each others palms, Gin’s shaking, and I’m counting down the clock chimes.
Nine.
The room suddenly goes black, and we all fell unconscious.
Sign up to rate and review this story