Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Real You

Hear my Soul Speak

by SoulSushi 0 reviews

Ulquiorra and Grimmjow get to know each other whilst the Granz twins kick some zombie butt.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ichimaru Gin - Published: 2012-06-18 - Updated: 2012-06-18 - 1430 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 7
Hear My Soul Speak

Ulquiorra stood up from the throne and walked towards me. Only in this setting did I actually realise how regal and royal he looked.
His long white coat tails floated behind him, high enough for him not to trip over. There was not one crease on his clothing. There was not a single blemish or scar upon his body, and he held himself extremely well. He was short, but his presence gave him a sense of authority and intimidation. All his movements were perfect, as if choreographed and he always held his head high. Not an emotion touched his face.
It was only his deep green eyes that gave him away.
They looked terrified, sad and lonely, and it was as if they were used as a translator. He wasn’t capable of showing emotion himself, so he would allow his eyes to do it for him.
It was as if his eyes were a weakness.
He walked over to me, and looked up at me, not so much that he appeared shorter than me, but enough for practicality.
“Walk with me, Grimmjow.” I nodded. I don’t know what he had planned, but I knew two things.
1. This was taking up too much time, and that I should be getting a move on. The others were relying on me to get them out of here, and I didn’t have time for this.
2. I was starting to become drawn to this small, pale, slightly feminine man. I shouldn’t have been, and it was a thought I tried to push away, but there was no avoiding the fact that I was attracted to him. I don’t know why, and I don’t care. I need to ignore it, and press forward.
He led me towards a balcony at the side of the hall. It was almost black outside, with a huge full moon that stood right in the middle of my plain of sight.
“Nice view. How much did this place cost?” I chuckled. He turned to me, and very nearly smiled.
“I made it. I hope that you find it impressive.” I stopped.
I had just remembered a small detail from earlier and remembered that I never got an explanation because Ilforte had been there.
“Back in the lab.” I started. “Something happened that I’ve been meaning to ask you about.” He nodded.
“So you recognised me.” I nodded.
The scientist with the green eyes had been him after all. I had been correct.
“Why didn’t you just let me take the fall?” I asked the porcelain man.
He went quiet and stared up at the moon for a few seconds, before sighing and turning to me.
“Because I did not wish for your harm. Do not believe for a second that my act of kindness will continue. You have the same, if not more risk of dying than the others, but unlike the others, I wish for your safety more.”
“So I can complete the game.” I nodded. He shook his head.
“No, no, you have got it all wrong. There was a reason I gave the game to you. It was specifically designed for you. Every step you have taken so far, the area surrounding you has been made for you and no one else.” I stared at him.
Why had he worked so hard on it to get me here? What did he want with me exactly?
My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as he pushed something into my hand.
Despite his cold appearance, his hand was surprisingly warm. I looked at the object he had given me, and stood, shocked.
It was a deep indigo rose. There were no thorns, but you could tell from the texture that it was real. It was perfect. It had no bruises or blemishes.
Just like Ulquiorra.
I looked over again to the smaller one of us, and he was staring into the sky. I don’t know if it was a trick of the light, or my eyes deceiving me, but he looked like he was one shade darker, almost...blushing?
I have to admit, I had never seen anything cuter in my life.
“Have you managed to figure out the riddle yet?” He asked.
And then the answer suddenly hit me, like a cold ice bomb.
I had been right on the emotions.
‘I am more precious than platinum,
But I am also free,
I am the parent of millions,
Now give it to me.’
What is more precious than platinum? Happiness? Intelligence? Love? They were all free. It was the third line that gave it away.
‘I am the parent of millions.’ It had to be something to do with love. Something innocent, something I could easily give away, something hopelessly shy and romantic.
Obviously, it had to be a kiss.
I stared at him, wide eyed.
“But why would you want that from me?” He sighed.
“I believe that I am attracted to you.” I went silent.
Why oh why oh why oh why did he have to be the bad guy?
“So, if I did give you what you wanted, what would happen then?” Ulquiorra’s eyes widened at that. I don’t think he expected me to consider it.
“You stay here with me forever. The others all go home.” I stopped. That would mean I never saw the others again and a quick goodbye wouldn’t be enough.
I shook my head.
“If that’s the case, I’m sorry. I’m going to fight for the right to stay with my friends.” His eyes looked away from my face and I suddenly felt overwhelmingly guilty for turning him down. He sighed.
“It was your decision, but I am warning you, from here on out, the game becomes that little bit harder. I can already guarantee that one of you will die tonight, but it will not be by my hand, thankfully.” I stopped and stared at him.
“Do you want this back?” I gestured to the indigo rose. He shook his head.
“Keep it if you wish.” I smiled, nodded, and stuck it in my pocket.
“Listen, I’ve been here a while, and I’m going to have to go find the others. Are you okay here by yourself?” Why did I even ask that?
He finally looked at me again, and I was flooded with the sadness that was amplified by his green eyes.
“I have been alone for many years now. I shall be fine. Thank you though, for asking.” I nodded.
“Well, I’ll see you around Ulquiorra.” He nodded.
“See you around, Grimmjow.”
He had sounded perfectly normal when he said that, still with the smooth velvet voice, but normal.
Like one of us.
I ran out of the room, through the double doors, and to the other set of double doors the brothers had disappeared through.
I braced myself, and kicked the doors open.
The room was a mess. It was a circle of mirrors, with no apparent exit. Ilforte and Szayel were in the middle of the room.
Surrounding them was what seemed like an army of the undead.
Ilforte spotted me first, a huge grin on his face from the monsters he had already decapitated.
Szayel seemed like the gorier of the two, but in reality, they were equally matched.
“What took you so long, brother? We’ve been sitting here, kicking ass for the past ten minutes. What happened?” I shook my head.
“I might tell you later.” Szayel kicked one of the monsters against a certain panel of glass, and it fell through.
All eyes were on that panel.
“Let’s get a move on people!” Szayel laughed. He had got his character back.
He was the first one out. I followed, and then Ilforte did. The monster that had fallen through had been reduced to ashes.
After we had all caught our breath, and gotten down from our adrenaline high, Ilforte turned to me and Szayel.
“We don’t know who we are going after next.” I sighed. Szayel shrugged.
I got out the rose, and studied it. The other two stared at me.
It was selfish of me not to have taken Ulquiorra’ offer. I had put the others in danger.
Then, I spotted it.
Engraved on one of the leaves were five letters. I grinned, and looked at Ilforte.
“What number?” Ilforte grinned.
“My nickname for Starky is number one, so I guess that’s the one we’re after.”
Sign up to rate and review this story