Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm just a girl and I've been stood up... again.

Chapter 7, Just coast, coast with him. It'll only get better.

by ive_been_sporked 3 reviews

This is worse than being stood up, but his arms around me made it all better.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-06-19 - Updated: 2012-06-19 - 2564 words

1Moving
Sunday morning was moving so slowly...4 am, 4:15 am...4:17 am. I covered my head with my pillow and rolled over. Lunch wasn't until 1 pm. 1pm... I lifted the pillow and took another glimpse of my alarm clock, 4:23 am. A loud frustrated sigh escaped my lips. I had already woken up at 1:30 and 2:15 am, both times I managed to get back to sleep. This time I felt wide awake, ready to start my day. I was planning on getting up at 8 or so. Get myself a good amount of sleep, take a nice long shower and spend the rest of the day rummaging through my closet for something lunch-y to wear. What was I suppose to do with an extra four hours to my day? My stomach rumbled at the thought.

"Okay, breakfast it is." I say quietly to myself.

Slipping fuzzy bunnies on my feet, I shuffle to the kitchen and open my fridge. I saw some blueberries hiding on the second shelf and decided today was a blueberry pancake kind of day.

15 minutes later I had yummy pancakes sitting on my table. I poured a glass of milk and sat down.

After about my fourth bite, I took a look around my apartment. I was rarely up this early and when I was, I was usually going somewhere, not just sitting around. I realized how quiet and eerie it was. I decided to move breakfast to the living room and watch some TV to keep my mind occupied.

Some infomercial was on and I settled for that, I didn't feel like flipping channels, I just wanted to finish my breakfast and start to get ready for my day.

Once my dirty dishes were clean and sitting in the drying rack, I made my way to the bathroom, picking up my IPod on the way.

I hit shuffle and placed it into the speaker deck. Turning on the water I adjusted it and hopped in. Just as I was finishing rinsing shampoo out of my hair, 'Explode' by Patrick Stump came out of my speakers. I stopped rinsing for a moment and just let the water run over my head. The song was coming to an end and I was a grinning idiot. I would never say it to him like this, but as I'm alone,

"Oh my god! I'm going to lunch with Patrick Stump!!" I did a small happy dance and continued on with my shower, grinning the whole way through.

Flipping clothes out of my closet and onto my bed, I just couldn't get that damn grin off my face. I finally narrowed my choices down to a white sundress with flowers growing up from the hem and a nice pair of jeans with a white tank top and a beige low cut tee. I stared at both for a while and then took a quick look at the clock. 8:30 am.

"Seriously!" I sighed dramatically and flopped on my bed on top of my clothes. I walked back into the living room and then into the kitchen and then did a lap around the bathroom. What was I doing? I needed to keep occupied for a few hours. I sighed once more and walked back into the living room. Standing in front of my DVD shelf, I stared at all the different movies for about 5 minutes, not even really looking at them. Finally I grabbed Pulp Fiction, it was pretty long and the special features were entertaining so it should keep me busy. After putting it in my play I laid down on the couch and pulled a throw blanket over myself.

I jumped up to the sound of my phone buzzing. Groggily, I looked around. My phone was sitting on the kitchen counter, buzzing away happily. I jogged into the kitchen and answered it hastily.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby. How are you?"

"Oh hi mom, I'm good. Just napping." As I said this I looked at the clock on my stove and jumped.

"That's good, I was just---"

"Oh my god mom! Is that the time?! I'm sorry I have to go, I'm going to be late! I love you!" I hung up and ran into the bedroom. The dress was quicker to put on so I pulled it over my head after putting on my underwear and bra. Quickly I ran into the bathroom, and almost cried at the look of my hair. I brushed it hurriedly and pulled into a tight ponytail. Happy with the outcome, I moved on into the kitchen and grabbed my keys and phone. The clock on the hallway wall said 12:30 pm. I still had to stop at an ATM to get Patrick's money. I decided that I would just go to the restaurant, and explain what happened. Well, except for the whole insomnia because I couldn't wait to see him, and the whole happy dance.

Before pulling out of my parking spot, I applied a little lip gloss and did a quick once over to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

"Oh no..." I hit my head on the steering wheel, gently, I don't need a bruise on top of me leaving my apartment with out shoes.

"Oh!" I hop out of my car quickly and open the trunk. My sister and I went swimming a few weeks ago and I had tossed all my things in there, driving home barefoot. Sure enough, a black pair of flip-flops were hiding under a tee shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Okay, the universe isn't completely against me." I mutter and slide back into the drivers seat.

~~*~~

"Hey, I was just about to text you." Patrick was leaning against his car when I pulled into the space opposite of him.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't sleep last night, and then I fell asleep on the couch." I sigh.

"No problem. I'm just glad you made it." He smiled at me and we began walking to the restaurant.

"Also, because I was running late, I wasn't able to get to an ATM. After lunch, would you mind if we found one?" My face turned a little red and I could feel Patrick's eyes on me.

"Sure, sounds like a plan."

Patrick opened the front door and allowed me to walk through ahead of him. We waited a minute or two before we were seated, standing awkwardly next to each other. I glanced and smiled at him, he smiled at me, then we looked away.

Deep breaths.

Once we were seated and ordered our drinks, we sat opposite each other in the booth and smiled.

"Uh, so, what have you been up to lately?" I ask, opening my menu and trying not to grin like I was at home.

"Not much, work mostly, some travel." Patrick was looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"That's good, fun right? I mean, you love what you do right?" I glance at him and back down at my menu, my face turned red instantly. I looked back at him with a small smile and flipped my menu right side up. Patrick chuckled lightly.

"Yea, its a good time. Just stressful sometimes, like any other job."

"Sure, I can understand that--"

"Hi folks, sorry to interrupt. Ready to order? Need a few minutes?" Our waitress, Tracy, asked. Patrick and I looked at each other.

"I'm ready if you are." Patrick nodded.

"Okay, can I get the chicken ceasar wrap with fries."

"No problem, and for you Sweetie?" She turned to Patrick while she finished writing my order.

"BLT club please, with the chicken noodle soup."

"Sure. I'll bring that soup right out." She gave us a smile and walked toward the kitchen.

"So what about you? Been up to anything?" Patrick asked as soon as Tracy walked away.

"Not much, it was my sister's birthday yesterday. So I was at my mom's when you called. That's really the most exciting thing. Working a lot too." My hands kept fidgeting with my glass of lemonade. It was weird, I didn't feel nervous, but I felt anxious.

"Oh really? I like birthday parties, did you have fun?"

"Yea, my sister's great. We have these traditions for her birthday that my mom and I have been doing since she was little. Their lame, but it wouldn't feel like her birthday if we didn't do it."

Our food came out in no time and by then we were happily talking about our families and silly traditions we both have. Halfway through our meal I received a text. I wasn't going to look at it but my phone buzzed again. I apologized and pulled it out of my pocket.

I'm busy Friday.

If you're free on Saturday, I would love to get dinner.
Oh yea, Travis. I had completely forgotten about him. That's probably not the best way to start a relationship. Not that we were really in a relationship yet, we had only gone on one date. I shake my head and put my phone back in my pocket. I went back to my wrap, thinking about my odd situation.

"Everything okay?" Patrick asked after a small void in our conversation.

"Oh yea, sorry. I just, oh nevermind, I'll take care of it later." I smile at Patrick and take a drink.

"It's okay, if it's important you can take care of it now. Is it something I can help with?"

"Well, maybe some advice from an objective third party, if you don't mind." We laugh lightly and Patrick nods.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well, I went on a date last week, actually with that guy that stood me up the night we met. Anyways everything was going pretty good, but I keep getting this weird vibe and I asked if he wanted to go out to dinner next Friday and he just responded yes, but now I don't know if I really want to." I was just about to tell Patrick about Travis's mom being sick when Patrick started talking.

"Can I ask you something quick?" His face was anxious and worried. My eyebrows came together to give my face a confused look at his sudden change in attitude.

"Yea of course."

"This guy, is he the one you were with last two nights ago when you gave Charlie your number?"

"Yes"

"Okay, so I'm hope I'm wrong but, his mom is sick right? Like car accident or fell down the stairs right?" It was Patrick's turn to fidget with his drink.

"Yea, how did you know? Do you know Travis? I guess you might, he says he goes to Green Mill all the time."

"No, I don't know him really, I just know of him."

"Okay, what's that mean?"

"Well, me and Charlie have this nick-name for him because he always tells the same story to his dates and then they leave and we never see the girl again, because next time he's in the bar he's with a different girl." Patrick rushed through the explanation a little, but I got the gist. I sat back in my booth and stared at my plate thinking about what Patrick said. All the little signs made sense. Like how he wanted to make sure I'd never been to Green Mill and how when I didn't invite him in to my place he got all huffy. He just wants to go on this second date because he thinks he'll get some.

"What do you guys call him?" I ask, not really wanting to know but still needing to know.

"uh, Smooth-Talker. I'm sorry, I really didn't want to tell you, but I couldn't not tell you. I was going to wait until we were outside, but then you got that text and I'm really sorry Lucy."

"No thank you. I'm sorry I need some fresh air." I got up quickly and very nearly ran out of the restaurant, tears already starting to fall from my eyes.

I thankfully made it to my car, but my hands were shaking so bad and my eyes were so blurry that I couldn't unlock my door. I finally gave up and just stood at my car, quiet tears becoming quiet sobs. I thought for a moment I was going to have a breakdown.

Why me? This is worse than being stood up, that bastard just wanted to get laid. Thanks universe for being on my side all the time. I really fricken' appreciate it!

I lean forward onto my car, trying to stop the emotional assault my brain was giving me. I could cry at home, but I had to get there first.

Hands gently grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, I knew it was Patrick but I just couldn't stop crying once I started so I simply let my head hang so he hopefully wouldn't see my snotty, tear stained face. He gently pulled me into his arms and put my head on his shoulder. His hands rubbed my back reassuringly and made soft 'shh' noises.

"Its okay, Lucy. He's not worth your tears." I slowly put my arms around him. He felt so good, like I was sheltered from this dumb world for the time being. My tears started to subside, but Patrick kept his hold on me. I don't know how long we stood there, but by the time he pulled away to look at my face and make sure I was okay, I didn't care about Travis anymore.

I quickly wiped my face off and gave him a small smile.

"Well at least I have the opportunity to do what he won't let most girls get the chance to do. I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself. Thank god I never slept with him, I would be feeling even dumber than I am right now."

"You never slept with him?" Patrick asked, a trace of happiness behind the confusion.

"No, I don't sleep with guys on the first date." I turned red and changed the subject,"So anyway, how about we walk to that gas station I saw on the corner so I can get you your money?"

Patrick was smiling at me as we slowly started to walk away from the parking lot.

"Oh my gosh, I'll be right back, I have to go pay my bill." I said as we walked past the front door of the restaurant. I began to turn around when Patrick gently grabbed my arm.

"Don't worry I took care of it."

"Patrick, your so sweet but if you keep doing that I'm going to get spoiled. Now how much was it so I can pay you back?" Patrick started laughing.

"Lucy, its okay. I understand you wanting to pay the bar tab back but this is nothing. I was glad to do it. So I don't want to hear any complaining. He kept his hand on my arm and started walking again. The way we were situated I had to either walk backwards or with my arm across my body awkwardly, I did this for about 5 seconds.

"Patrick," I laugh and grab his arm,"I'm going to fall."

He stopped suddenly and turned so that we were facing each other, my laughter faded as I bumped into him and wasn't able to move myself away. A blush rose up my neck and I smiled at Patrick.
Sign up to rate and review this story