Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Skinny Love

One Of Those Nights

by wayuphighify 2 reviews

“I don’t… I don’t want to do this anymore.”

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-06-23 - Updated: 2012-06-23 - 2725 words

0Unrated
Things aren’t great for Brendon, that’s a given.

But sitting in symphony orchestra just makes his day.

Brendon sits at the drum set in symphony orchestra, waiting by the bass drum for his parts to come along. Ally sits in her chair, being third chair violinist, as Christina sits in her third chair with her cello.

Now these girls, being in the same room together, are indeed fucking idiots.

Sure, Ally’s okay when she’s alone, and Christina barely says a word when she’s not by her friends, but seeing them play their face games while playing Handel just makes sitting around more enjoyable.

And he can’t forget about the kid who treats his bass like a stripper pole and is currently dancing around it as he plays. Brendon smirks at him, the kid laughing silently back to him. The kid eventually starts dry humping making Christina eventually break out giggling to herself also.

Ally sits there with an angry face to the music, clearly agitated as Christina goes cross eyed to continue the game.

Nobody can really tell if Ally does that one on purpose or not, Christina’s stand partner, Aaron, beginning to get a bit pissed.

Brendon sits there with his face content, the orchestra director staring at him for a brief moment as Brendon’s unreasoned smirk lies across his face. How could that guy not see them?

The bell rings right as the director stops from frustration, waving his hand telling them to leave. Brendon’s face drops, having to go to lunch next.

“SO, GUESS WHAT.” Ally screams to Christina and Brendon, clearly excited. “My brother stole half of my money but decided to pay me back with buying me something…” Ally beams.

Christina’s eyes widen to her yelling, walking right next to her. “Jesus christ, Ally.”

“Ok, yeah sorry, but I have the-“

“If you got weed I am not interesting in seeing you high again,” Brendon says, shaking his head.

“But yeah, give me some.”

“I second Brendon’s idea,” Christina chimes in quickly.

“That was one time. Anyway—no, so he got us two goals. So that we can play whatever! I invited Gabe, Spencer, Ashley, Mackenzie, William, Katelyn, Laura, Anna… anyone else you want to come can. It’ll just be at the park on Saturday.” The words fall out of her mouth quickly, making Brendon and Christina have to think about what they just heard.

“That sounds horrible.” Christina groans, “I mean, if we’re playing soccer—“

“I don’t care, you’re going.” Ally pauses. “Please? Brendon?”

“Uh,”

“Come on Brendon, you loved soccer and lacrosse.” Ally begs.

“Fine, yeah.” He nods, sitting in his seat at lunch waiting.

“Thanks, it will be fun, promise!”

Both Christina and Brendon let out a sign, Ally narrowing her eyes.

“I still hate soccer.” Christina says.

--

Ryan looks for Spencer at lunch, but he hasn’t been arrived. He skims the lunch room, seeing him walk up to Brendon’s table and sit down.

Seriously? Again?

Ryan get’s out his phone to text him, ignoring all the messages from other people.

“Really? You won’t even sit with me? What did I do?” Ryan texts, glaring at Spencer who grabs his phone from his pocket and typing a reply.

“Oh right sorry,”

“Youre the only one I can stand around here, you know.”

“coming.”

Ryan watches Spencer grab his things and make his way here, Spencer having a blank expression on his face.

“Hey,” Spencer breathes out, taking his claimed seat at the table. “sorry.”

Ryan nods, looking down at his hands. “You alright, man?”

Ryan doesn’t say a word, he opens his mouth and tries to make an effort but nothing comes out.

“I mean… well… you’re my best friend but honestly lately…”

“You’re the only person I have around here that still likes me. At least you were.” Ryan whispers, getting up and walking to his locker. Spencer is a few strides behind him.

“Where are you going?”

“Leaving. Maybe to my spot.” Ryan pulls out his phone and calls Lola, not letting Spencer say a word. “Hey Lola,” … “Yeah I missed you around too.” … “I’m not feeling well; can you call the school and let them know I’m?” … “Thanks.”

“You’re seriously running away from your problems. Really? Fucking really?” Spencer snaps. “Come on, tell Lola not to call.”

“I don’t… I don’t want to do this anymore.” Ryan rushes past him and heads to the main office leaving Spencer just standing there.

Ryan gets the okay leave, running in the parking lot to his car and getting in quickly. His head rests on the wheel, not wanting to move.

He eventually starts it and drives to the park.

He gets out and begins swinging on the swing, feeling like a small child but not caring otherwise.

This is his spot, where he is free to think and where his friends won’t bother him.

He sees a black car drive up, knowing exactly whose it is. Ryan just closes his eyes and keeps swinging, face against the sun.

The footsteps come closer, the swing next to him becoming preoccupied.

He opens his eyes, not looking to his right as the person swings slowly, calmly.

It’s all they can really do at the moment. But just Brendon being next to him creates a wave of calmness.

The go back and forth in silence, both of them looking downwards.

“You know what sucks?” Ryan finally says.

“Hm?”

“That everything that I believe in,” he swallows, “is complete and utter bullshit?”

Brendon looks forward. “You know all the trust and… it’s all nonsense.” He continues.

“You were right, things aren’t okay. I should’ve… I shouldn’t have…” Ryan stops.

They sit in silence for a few seconds, Brendon finally his head to look at him and pulls the smallest smile that Ryan notices. “Wha- what are you smiling at?” He asks quietly.

“I guess it’s because… all the stuff that’s happened and you realize it now.” Brendon whispers, looking over to Ryan who has also stopped his swing, meeting his gaze. “It’s messed up, I know.”

The rationalization Ryan is trying to maintain is an effort, considering he still feels like falling on the mulch and crying. Brendon doesn’t feel like that though; he feels like he understands, and made his point.

Brendon get’s up from the swing, not looking back as he heads back to school, next period
starting soon.
--

“Honestly I can’t fucking wait for the party tonight. You guys excited?” Alyssa asks excitedly. Ryan shakes his head, not being able to go because he is in fact, working until eleven, but will stop by later in the night.

“I’ll be there a little later, but yeah.” Ryan manages to say, chewing on a poptart.

“Dude all of the upperclassmen are invited, even some sophomores.” Kyle grins, “I can’t wait."

“Well Kyle, your parents are out right?” Amanda asks from down the table.

“’Manda, I wouldn’t be having this party if my parents were home.” Kyle laughs. “Can’t wait for you to come Ry! You’re never free on Fridays!”

“What can I say? I’m a working man!” Ryan smiles, nudging Kyle in the side with his elbow.

“It’s just about time. You know Sienna? Course you do, Ryan. That girl is like… crazy about you. She’ll be there!”

Ryan laughs and nods, “Whatever, Kyle.”

“I’m serious, she’s hot.” Kyle raises his eyebrows.

“She texted me a few times this week…”

“Probably the only reason why you’re going to this party, huh?” Scott says from across the table, Ryan just fake laughs.

“Yeah basically.” Ryan says, biting the bottom of his lip.

--

Ryan messes with the cars all night, being in a different room than his dad. From what he sees, his dad hasn’t been drinking much tonight, only having a can of beer next to him as we works under a car.

They don’t really run into each other, only when his dad passes the car over to Ryan to buff and return it to the customer, but no words necessarily need to be said as they do that.

Hours eventually fly by, Ryan beginning to do his extra work to try to make his dad happy, cleaning tools and parts that otherwise lay ignored, doing inventory of parts, even changing the tires which his dad was initially supposed to do.

When his hours end, he walks back to his house to clean up a bit, wearing black skinny jeans, vans, and a white v-neck. He drives to the party, the house being surrounded by cars and drunk people.

Ryan walks into the full house, music being loud as Kyle reaches out to him and slings an arm around his shoulder. “Dude, you came! God, there are some shots going around that are great.”

“I bet, yeah. You go party okay?” Ryan says, pushing him off of his shoulder as Gabe approaches Ryan.

“Ry!” Gabe smiles, “Be my drinking buddy? Will won’t.” Gabe puts on a puppy dog face, not being able to fall for it.

Ryan smirks at him, “Pleasee Ryan? How can you resist this face?”

“I’m sure there are other people who want to get even more drunk than they already are,” Ryan shrugs, a smile still on his face. He sees Sienna from the corner of his eye, turning to make his way to her.

Sienna grins, putting down her beer as she sits on the counter. “Hey Ryan,” she says sweetly as he walks close to her, “I missed you,” the smile stays on her face as she puts her arms over his shoulders, looking down at him.

“You too,” he says, placing his hands on her sides.

“I heard you were a bit down this week,” she whispers into his ear, “I bet I can make you feel better.” She pulls back enough and kisses him, Ryan not complaining as he is pulled in closer, if it’s even possible. He deepens the kiss, moving his hand lower to rest on her ass.

Because yes, this is exactly what he needed to feel better.

“Jesus guys, the bedrooms are upstairs,” William snorts, from behind them. Ryan laughs and then sees Brendon and Spencer in a corner of the room, Brendon leaning on Spencer.

Kyle walks next to William, “Really, there are condoms in the drawer.”

Sienna turns to Ryan pleadingly. “Sie…”

“It’s okay,” She gets off of the counter and grabs his hand. He nods as they walk upstairs.

--

“Fuck Brendon, how many drinks did you have?” Spencer snaps as he supports his weight.

“I… I’m thiiiirstyyyy,” Brendon slurs.

“Want water?”

“No.”

“Well I’m going to get you water, follow me.” He drags Brendon along to the kitchen, taking a water out of the fridge. “Drink it,” Spencer demands, handing him the water.

Brendon stares at it for a moment then accepts. “This isn’t alcohol,”

“No more for you,” Spencer says roughly.

“You should have sooooooome,” Brendon turns his head, looking at the unopened beers.

“No.”

Ryan comes down the stairs with a smug look on his face, Sienna at his heels.

“I have to go, see you later,” Sienna whispers, kissing him on the cheek and making her way out of the house.

Ryan approaches Spencer, him glaring at him. “You little whore,” Spencer nudges him, looking somewhat pissed off.

“Sorry, Mom.” He bites back, looking over to Brendon. “Holy shit,”

“Yeah, he’s really shitfaced. Help me out?”

“No.”

“Ryaaaan,” Brendon says.

“Yeah?”

“You need to… to,” He forgets what he’s saying and continues to drink his water.

“Well, have fun,” Ryan backs away.

“Come on, please help me out?” Spencer begs. All Ryan can do is shaking his head.

Ryan makes his way towards the dancing people, girls inching closer and closer to him.

“Those pants look great on you,” a tall blonde whispers; basically dancing so close to him he can feel her rubbing against his side.

“I bet they look better off,” A brunette says.

“Trust me, they do.” Another one chimes in; Ryan can’t help but laugh to himself as he keeps dancing.

Ryan feels a yanking on his shoulder, Spencer grabbing him and pulling him off to the side.

“What?” Ryan huffs, somewhat annoyed.

“You’re helping me. You already had your fun tonight. Take him.” Spencer pushes Brendon into Ryan, Spencer heading back towards the kitchen.

“WOW YOU SUCK.” Ryan yells, people around him laugh. Spencer doesn’t say anything.

“Ryan you can’t take me hooooome,” Brendon says roughly, his arm wrapped around him tightly to help him balance.

“I-“ Ryan stops to think, “We’ll go back to my place okay? You can stay the night until you’re sober. Dad won’t be home; he’s working all night and will be gone for the weekend then.”

“B-but-“

“C’mon,” Ryan drags him out and helps him to the car.

“ShotGUNN,” Brendon booms.

“It doesn’t matter either way, Brendon.”

Ryan makes his way into the car and starts driving, Brendon staring out of the window with his eyes wide.

He tries to hide that he’s pissed off at Brendon, putting on the radio to try to keep Brendon from talking.

Doesn’t work.

“I heard that you hadddd-“

“Shut up, Brendon.” Ryan shakes his head.

“Did youuu?”

Ryan is silent for a moment, “Yup.”

“Oh.”

Ryan smiles to himself, knowing he could probably get any truth out of Brendon. “You a virgin, Brendon?”

“Nooo.” Brendon giggles.

“Wait- to who?”

“Your friend Scott has a seeeecret.”

Ryan’s mouth drops as he keeps an eye on the road.

“When?”

“Like last year. He wasn’t that goooood.” Ryan can’t help but laugh.

“Wait so there were others?”

“Well yeaaaah,”

“Brendon you’re like sixteen.”

“So? You-“

“Fine. Whatever.” Ryan looks over to Brendon, huge bags under his eyes as he struggles to keep them open.

The get to Ryan’s house, Ryan putting Brendon on the couch and grabbing him water. Brendon is quieter, him managing to sober up significantly. Ryan knows Brendon can’t come home, so he grabs his phone and dials his mom.

“Brendon? Where are you I’m so worried!”

“Hey Mrs. Urie it’s Brendon’s friend Ryan. He fell asleep on the couch while we were watching movies tonight, I just want to let you know he’s staying the night.”

“Oh,” She pauses, clearly thinking for a moment. “Alright. That’s fine.”

“Sorry for calling so late, night.”

“Night.”

Brendon stares at Ryan for a long moment. “Thanks,”

“No problem.” Ryan goes to sit next to him, turning on the TV and flipping through channels. Ryan does his best to just pay attention to it, not doing so well with Brendon curled up in a ball, holding his head. “You okay?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Want to go to bed? You can just use mine.”

“Well-“

“C’mon.” Ryan stands up, Brendon following after him not saying a word.

“I would feel bad sleeping in your bed.”

“You need to sleep. You look like shit.”

“I feel like shit.”

Brendon consciously lies on the bed, rolling up into a small ball on the right side. Ryan throws an extra blanket towards him, but he doesn’t move.

He nods to himself and starts walking out, “Please, stay.” Brendon says quietly, almost inaudible.

Ryan stops, he can’t. He can’t do this again. Why did he even bring him home? God, he should have taken him to Spencer’s. He can’t. He’ll ruin everything.

Well, screw that.

He lies down on the other side, slipping under the covers and throwing them over Brendon too.
Yeah, he’ll totally mess things up.


A/N OKOKOK. This was a pain in the ass to write. (Anyone notice the 500 days of summer reference y/n? ;)) My computer died on me when I was in the middle of writing this so I had to rewrite it, so it took about twice as long.
Sign up to rate and review this story