Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The World Is Ours

Chapter Thirty - An Impossible Decision

by McrmyBVBparawhore 1 review

His pulse increased dramatically when the gun fired. He did the first thing he thought of. He jumped.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-24 - Updated: 2012-06-24 - 2108 words

0Unrated
A/N Two things. 1, Some of you will hate me a little after this chapter. And 2, there's OLOT of character death in this chapter. It killed me a little to write it, but with what I've planned for this story, it had to happen. As usual, thankies to Chemical_30 for reviewing! If you can, please review I love hearing what you all think =3 Sorry for any mistakes or typos. Enjoy ;)


Chapter Thirty - An Impossible Decision


Meating everyone on the ground floor was a lot easier than they thought it would be. There were no Draculoids or S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S around, which was extremely weird and they were all more than certain that they were up to something. They'd never made getting in and out of their headquarters a particuallry easy challenge in the past, so why was it any different on that day? They knew that something was wrong, they just didn'g know what it was.
Poison, Lexia, Death and Avenger met Static, Kobra, Lo, Ghoul, Jet and a child, who he assumed was Jeremy since the resembelence between him and Bob was unmistakeable. But if that was Jeremy, then where was Cyanide and Bob?
"Where's Bob and Cy?" Poison asked.
"They um . . . they didn't . . ." Ghoul couldn't finish, but it was enough for Poison to undertsand what'd happened. Bob and Elli were dead.
"They were good people." He muttered, sadly.
When Cherri, Lypse, Pen and the rest came into view, they knew that it was time to leave the Better Living headquarters.
"You all ready?"
"Ready." They agreed, but the second they said that, Draculoids and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S ambushed them.
Lie sighed angrily. "Knew the fuckers were up to something. Did you see any Dracs on the way here?" He asked Poison.
Poison shook his head. "No. We didn't."
"Fuck, we should've known better." Attack felt the same way as his brother did. When they heard heels come stomping towards them, they knew who it was almost straight away. It was Dr. Isoda.
"Hello Killjoys. It's been a while, has it not?"
"Burn in fucking hell, bitch." Static snapped.
"My my, you might want to watch your tongue around me, Ms. Ramone."
"And why's that?"
"Because we have your son."
"That's bullshit and we both know it, Isoda."
"Oh really?"
A screen came down from one of the walls and showed Radio, Dr. Death, Grace, Bandit and Zack on the screen surrounded by Dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S.
"Zack!" She shouted.
Dr. Isoda smiled. "Do you believe me now, Killjoy?"
"Please, just leave them alone. They're only kids."
"We will do that if you give us something in return."
"Anything."
"We are aware you have Alexandria. Leave her here, then they leave the diner without harming any of them. You have my word."
"No." Poison said almost straight away.
"We're not giving my sister up to grade A assholes."
"Watch your tongue." She warned Death just like she had warned Static.
"Or what? You gonna shoot me?"
Avenger saw a Draculoid aiming towards Death. His pulse increased dramatically when the gun fired. He did the first thing he thought of. He jumped.
Death closed her eyes, preparing herself for a sharp, burning pain. But it never came. She opened her eyes.
Avenger was crippled in pain, gripping his stomach.
"AVENGER!" She fell to her knees so that she was on the same level as him.
"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" He growled.
"You stupid fucking dick, why the fuck did you do that? Why the fuck did you do that, huh?!" She screamed, tears running down her face.
Dispite the fact he was in pain, he smiled. "Ain't it obvious? Because I fucking love you, Death. I love you. I wasn't gonna sit there and watch you get hurt."
She turned her head to them. "How can you even sleep at night? You're hurting innocent people for no good reason. You're turning people into mindless drones. How is that fair? Huh? You can't play God and decide who lives and who dies, that's not how it fucking works!"
"Then how does it work? Humans are savage creatures. We are savage creatures. In the past, we have started wars for no good reason, we have hurt our planet, we have ended billions upon billions of lives in the past. But now, how many wars do you see? There is only one and that is between this company and Killjoys. Do you see us harming the planet anymore? No, we do not. Yes, we have ended lives, but only when it has been a necessary thing. We have never ended a life when it was not necessary, Rosanna. In order to save this planet, we needed to get rid of the cause of the damage in the first place. We have taimed humans, we have stopped them from destroying this earth, Rosanna."
"THAT'S BULLSHIT!" She screamed. "WHY HURT EVEN MORE PEOPLE? YEAH, HUMANS HAVE DONE SOME DISGRACEFUL AND SHITTY STUFF IN THE PAST, BUT YOU'RE HARMING PEOPLE WHEN IT ISN'T NECESSARY! EVERYONE IN BATTERY CITY, THEY'RE NOT EVEN REALLY PEOPLE ANYMORE! AND YOU'VE SHED INNOCENT BLOOD OVER AND OVER AGAIN! YOU'RE NOT HELPING ANYTHING!" She was still next to Avenger while she screamed.
"We are here for Alexandria, not to talk about your opinion, Rosanna. Alexandria is all we want and in return, the Draculoids you see on this screen will be killed to assure you that we will not come after you. Everyone inside the Diner will be left unharmed."
"She's all you want? She's a person, she-"
"We have already said that we do not wish to hear your opinion. Give her to us."
"Not a hope in hell." Poison spat.
"Very well. I want everyone inside the diner dead. Even the children."
"No." A weak voice said.
Everyone looked at Lexia, the one who'd spoken.
"I'll go. Just don't hurt them."
"Are you crazy?! You're letting them take you just like that? You're not even gonna put up a fight?!" Death said.
"Death, if I don't go with them, they all die. I'm not letting them get killed because of me. I'm not letting Bandit get killed because of me."
"I'm not leaving without you. I can't, Lexia." Poison spoke to her.
"We've already had this conversation. I can't be sa-" She stopped mid sentence. She felt like she was . . . choking? No, that couldn't be right, why would she be choking? A few seconds later, Lexia was having a fit.
"What's happening to her?" Poison demanded to know.
Dr. Isoda smiled. "Alexandria is transitioning. It is the final stage of the transition."
He shook his head. "No . . ."
"Death . . . look at me."
Death was shaking with fear. "What?" She asked Avenger, who was looking and feeling weaker each second.
"I love you. I've loved you for so long and I just wish that I could stick around long enough to be with you."
"W-what do you mean?"
"You know what I mean. I'm gonna die here, Death. And do you know what? I'm terrified. I don't wanna die, Death. I don't, but I'm going to. In a way, it's okay."
"How the fuck is it okay?!" She demanded to know.
"Because you finally realized that you loved me more than a friend. All I wanted was to be with you, Death. And I got that. It migh not've been for very long, but I got it in the end. I know what you're gonna do after this. You're gonna turn to booze again, but promise me that you won't. You'll mourn, you'll cry, you'll do all of that shit and there's nothing I can do to stop that, but when it's time, promise me that you'll move on. Don't just focus on what's already happened. Promise me that."
She nodded and kissed his hand. "I promise."
He smiled. "Good. One more thing . . . don't blame yourself for this. I know you. You're gonna blame yourself for this, but I chose this. I chose to jump in front of that bullet and it was the best thing I ever did. It saved you, didn't it?"
She didn't reply. She just cried.
"I love you, Rosanna Amelia Oliveson. Always have, always will."
"I love you Daniel Richard Lyellson. Always."
She kissed him softly on his lips, it only lasted seconds.
He smiled, his eyes growing weaker and heavier. He was finding it hard to keep his eyes open.
"Keep your eyes open." She begged.
He tried to reply, but his voice was gone. He tried to breath, but his lungs weren't working and his heart wasn't beating anymore. He did one thing she asked, though. He kept his eyes open, but they were lifeless now. They weren't his eyes anymore.
"Avenger." She said, nudging him slightly to see if he'd wake up. She was unsucessful. "Avenger." She cried.
She closed his eyes with her fingers and kissed his forehead.
"I love you. I love you." She repeated.
Ghoul wrapped his arms around the young girl who'd just lost the boy she loved. Death cried into his chest.
"Poison, we've already lost three good people today, we've gotta do the right thing here." Lo said.
"What are you saying? That we should hand her over?!"
"She's already transitioned. I know you don't wanna hear this, but it's too late. She's gone." Jet told him the truth.
"We can do something, I know we can!"
"Poison our son, your nephew, is in that diner and so is yours and Lexia's daughter aswell as Grace! You're really gonna just let them die?! We tried, Poison. We really did, but we can't save everyone. We've gotta let her go."
Poison's eyes were filled with tears. "I can't. I can't do it, I can't leave her."
When he heard Bandit crying through the screen, his heart broke in his chest. He couldn't let his daughter die before she'd even lived. It wasn't right. Then there was his nephew, he'd not lived either and Grace was only just beginning to live.
"I just . . . I don't think I can physically leave her. I know we have to, but . . . fuck, I just can't."
"Okay."
Kobra did something he didn't want to do, but it needed to be done. He hit his brother with the back of his lazer, knocking him out and making him fall to the floor.
"We have your word that you won't hurt them?"
"Yes you do. I am a woman of my word, Michael. Your son and the rest of them will never left unharmed, as I said before."
"Okay. And you'll let us go? Just like that?"
"You do not know how important she is to us, Michael. There is a lot we would for her."
He picked up his brother.
"I can't leave him here." Death insisted
"Death-"
"No, don't 'Death' me! This is Avenger we're talking about, Ghoul! I can't just leave him here to-"
"Death, I don't want to, but if I have to, then I'll do to you what we Kobra did to Poison."
She kissed his forehead one last time.
"I love you."
She left with Ghoul and they drove back to the diner.


The second they got there, Jet ran over to Radio. All the Draculoids and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S that were once there were now no where to be seen.
Jessey was lying on the couch, surrounded by everyone. Her eyes were closed and she was barely breathing.
"What did they do to her?!" He demanded to know.
"They didn't do anythin', to her son. It's the cancer."
"Jet . . . it hurts . . . I love you . . . love you so much. . ."
"I'll make it go away. I promise."
"Lo . . . where are . . . you?"
"'M right here, Radio. I'm right here, I promise."
"Love you Lo . . . I love you . . ."
"I need the medical stuff."
Kobra grabbed it and passed it to Jet.
"Love you Jet . . . s-so . . . much."
Her breathing came to a holt.
"Jessey, keep talking to me." Lo said, thinking she was still alive. When she didn't reply, everyone looked at her with worried expressions plastered all over their faces.
"Radio, talk to me." Lo begged. "Radio? Radio, listen to me!" She shouted. "Jet, use the medical shit, bring her back."
"I can't bring her back! I only have stuff to cure her, all the stuff to bring people back was destroyed."
"You're fucking shitting me, right? Jesseyca Lufrini, you better look at me!"
"It's too late." Jet sobbed. "She's gone. Jessey's gone."
Sign up to rate and review this story