Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Strangeland

Chapter Fifteen

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

Jared goes to see the detective and then gets a shocking call

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-25 - Updated: 2012-06-26 - 602 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jared tore out of his car, his worry mounting with each moment. He couldn't quite grasp the fact that Shannon was missing. He wasn't even sure what to think about it. After everything that was happening the past few days this was too much to handle. He tried to not care about it, hopeful that things would get back to normal but he found himself more on edge than before. No matter what this was his brother and nothing would change that. Nothing at all.

He came into the station looking around impatiently. Finally he went to the desk and asked for Detective Hiddleston and was immediately escorted to an office.

"Come in" The detective called out from the other side of the door.

Jared walked in, shutting the door behind him and faced the detective, trying his hardest to be calm.

"Thank you so much for coming." He rose from his chair and extended his hand. He noticed how different Jared looked since he had first seen him at the scene of Alessandra's murder. His hair was disheveled, his eyes were tired.

"Have you found him yet?" He demanded, his worry tearing through his attempts at staying calm.

The detective shook his head. "Please sit down..."

Jared hesitated but eventually took the chair. "Do you have people looking for you?"

"We've thought of everything but we need details, things that maybe only you know."

Jared nodded and pushed his hand back through his hair. He let out a shaky breath and met the detectives dark eyes. They went through the details of the events leading up until that moment, each detail getting stranger by the moment. The detective wasn't even sure what to make of the case exactly. By the end of it Jared was exhausted, his worry combining with the fear of all that was going on with him was enough to drive him insane. Silence followed and Jared just sat there, unsure what else there was to say. He realized that he quite possibly had just implicated Shannon in everything but what else was there to do? It had all stopped since he had left the house and Shannon had gone missing. Surely that meant something.

"About the fingerprint found at the scene...." The detective began, switching the subject to allow Jared a moment to calm. "...it doesn't match anyone who lived there, doesn't match yours, and doesn't match Shannon's either..."

"Maybe another friend?"

He shook his head. "It's a bloody print..."

Jared felt his heart drop but also hold onto the last part of hope he could find. This could mean that none of it was Shannon's fault.

"Still have no idea who could have done this? Who would leave you that sort of message?"

Jared shook his head. "Not at all, detective." He felt helpless, and all the worse for it.

"Well you should probably talk to you mom...please call if you think of anything else." The detective rose again from his chair and clasped Jared's hand.

Jared nodded and nearly dragged himself out of the office. Everything was feeling so damned heavy and he just wasn't strong enough anymore to carry it. Nothing was making sense and yet at the same time everything was terrifying.

He got into his car and made to start it but stopped when his phone rang. He looked at the id and nearly gasped aloud when he saw that it was Shannon.

"Shannon? Where the hell are you?" He demanded, his panic nearly reaching its breaking point.

"I want you to come and meet me....don't tell anyone about this..."
Sign up to rate and review this story