Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Deep Inside One's Mind

by BleedingValentine 9 reviews

Finally, the little string snaps.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2012-06-26 - Updated: 2012-06-26 - 1689 words - Complete

5Exciting
I felt quite bad writing this. I just heard that ColorfulShadow was leaving for abit; I do hope you feel better soon, my lovely. I'll miss having your wonderful comments on here. Anyway, I hope the rest of who aren't having poor problems enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 10; Deep Inside One's Mind


Mikey turned away from the door, his heart pounding. What the heck had Gerard and Frank talking about? He was about to die? What was going on? He moved away, silent as a mouse, not wanting to hear any more of the conversation.

He exited the house and made his way to the beach, trying not to run but wanting to get away from what he’d heard as quickly as possible. He slumped on the sand, and put his head in his hands, staring at his feet. Prophecy? Who was Linnea? Magic?

I was all making his head spin. According to Gerard, he might have been about to die. Mikey lifted his head out of his hands and stared out over the ocean, reflected in his hazel eyes. He didn’t want to die.

“Bit troubled, Mikey?” said a voice behind him. He turned and saw the tall figure of Tay approaching him.

“Oh. Hi,” he said.

“You appear a bit... how shall I say... uneasy,” she said, sitting next to him.

“It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure it’s not nothing?” asked Tay, raising her eyebrows and pouting.

“Stop it, Tay. I know you’re a flirt and all, but just leave it out,” said Mikey. Tay’s smirk fell from her face.

“Is it that bad?”

“Only that I might be about to die!” said Mikey, standing up and walking away. Tay just sat, staring out at the ocean.
____________________

The next morning, Gerard woke up with his stomach churning. Without even bothering to wake up properly with coffee, he made his way to Mikey’s room and poked his head around the door. He was curled up under his duvet, his hair sticking every which way and his eyes closed. Gerard moved inside and sadness fell upon his face as h watched his sleeping brother.

“I hope Linnea was wrong,” he whispered. “If she’s right, something bad’s going to happen any day now. I just hope that you stay safe, Mikeymouse.” With that, Gerard slipped out of the room.

Mikey opened his eyes and watched the door close behind his brother.


He felt unusual as he walked through the village that morning, watching all the apparently carefree people around him. Ray sitting talking to Anna, Jenna and Abbie messing about with fishing rods on the river, Jasmine bouncing around like a little moron, Frank playing with his puppy.

Hang on, didn’t Gerard and Frank say something about Jasmine? Now he came to think about it, he noticed how Frank’s eyes kept flickering towards Jasmine. Gerard was nowhere in sight, possibly sitting in a corner somewhere, worrying his head off. Gerard cared for Mikey, a lot. If there was even the slightest chance that he would get hurt... Mikey felt sick at the thought of the lengths to which his brother would go to protect those he cared about.

As he watched, Jasmine went over to Frank, tapped him on the shoulder and grinned. Frank smiled back, but as Jasmine turned to prance towards the forest, his face fell. Ice, the puppy, nuzzled his ear and he buried his face in her fur, almost visibly shaking as he followed Jasmine into the forest.

So. Frank and Gerard knew something was going to happen, revolving around Jasmine. They were both nervous that it would happen someday soon. And Mikey was terrified because something was going to happen to him.


“Hurry up!” laughed Jasmine, prancing forward into the forest. Frank followed half-heartedly. “What’s wrong with you, misery-guts? Looks like your girlfriend just dumped you,” she said.

“Jasmine...” Frank considered telling the young girl what Linnea had told he and Gerard, but decided against it. What a better way to scare a kid than telling her that she was the key to a disaster that would kill everyone on the island?

“What is it, Frankie? Come on, we have a treehouse to build!” said Jasmine, bouncing on the spot.

“No, Jasmine,” he said. “I don’t feel like it today.”

“What? Why not?!”

“Because I said so! I want to live my own life, kindly let me do so without all your own little things.”

“What’s that supposed to mean, Frank?” said Jasmine, putting her hands on her hips.

“It’s supposed to mean that you... I don’t want to spend every day on this island building a treehouse!” said Frank, readjusting Ice in his arms.

“Frank...” Jasmine disappeared and reappeared right next to him. “Don’t upset me.”

“Jasmine, you’re twelve! I’m close to seven years older than you, kindly show me a little bit of respect. I have been slaving away helping you with this goddamn treehouse, I would like a day off!” shouted Frank. Jasmine raised her eyebrows.

“Twelve isn’t little kid age, Frank.”

“That’s what I thought, when I was your age. Jasmine, I am not your servant, kindly let me do something of my own accord for once!”

“You agreed to it.”

“I didn’t agree to work my butt off!” Frank’s temper was flaring, and he didn’t even know why. He wasn’t often one to get angry.

Jasmine, however, looked murderous. Nobody had ever seen the little girl this angry.

“You don’t speak like this to me, Frank.”

“You’re acting like an immature two year old who’s mum won’t buy her candy, what the heck’s just happened?” Jasmine just sneered. Suddenly, Frank felt like a burning hot knife slapped him in the face.

He stumbled backwards, dropping Ice in the process. She whimpered and curled up by Frank’s feet, who fell backwards on the floor. Jasmine was nowhere in sight.

“Linnea!” shouted Frank. But the person who came running around the corner was not the tall, forbidding figure of the Witch Queen, but of Gerard.

“Frank? What happened?” he asked. Behind him, the shadowy figure of Linnea appeared, but she didn’t moved forward.

“I... it’s...” Frank couldn’t find the words to say, but just continued watching Linnea. “Jasmine snapped. She... I’ve never seen someone go from normal kid to... mental.”

“It begins,” said Linnea, quietly, making Gerard jump. “Jasmine is not in the right frame of mind currently.”

“I think I noticed that,” said Frank dryly.

“I didn’t even see her.”

“I did.” Three figures turned around to see Mikey standing on the path, watching the scene in front of him. Frank and Gerard exchanged shocked looks, while Linnea stood silently. Mikey nodded towards her. “Linnea, I assume.”

“Indeed.”

“I heard what you said the other day, guys. And this morning, Gerard. About Jasmine. She looked like she was about to murder something.”

“Oh...”

“And what you said about me.” Mikey’s face remained blank as he watched his older brother. “That I might die.”

“Mikey... it was just a possibility, nothing’s certain and trust me, we’re not going to let you...”

“Linnea, is it within their power to hold back the future?” Mikey butted in. Linnea’s stormy grey eyes bored into Mikey’s dark hazel ones, and kept the eye contact as she shook her head slowly.

“Nothing is ever set in stone. But as we get closer, the future becomes clearer. I can’t see exactly what will happen next year, but I can see exactly what will happen tomorrow. Well, under normal circumstances. But I’m afraid I can’t, in this case.”

“Just figured it out, have you?” said a nasty voice. They all turned to see the twelve-year old Jasmine, standing with an ugly scowl on her face.

“Jasmine, what’s happened?”

“As in, what’s happened when these morons turn up on our island, reveal everything that we were working to hide from everyone else, and then not even understand that I’m not your average twelve-year-old girl?” she spat. Frank, Gerard and Mikey all exchanged glances, but Linnea’s face, however, remained still.

“That is not Jasmine speaking,” she said.

“Damn right it isn’t,” shouted the little girl. Without any warning, she held out her hand and sent out a shockwave that reverberated around the clearing. Linnea spun and held out her own hands, protecting the three men that were now, metaphorically, shitting themselves.

“Jasmine, stop this!” shouted Gerard, stepping forward and attempting to make himself heard over the rumbling that Jasmine’s shockwaves were creating. The small girl looked directly at him, and her chocolate brown eyes flashed red.

“I’m not Jasmine,” she said, pointing her finger at him.

Time seemed to slow down. Gerard stood, terrified, staring at the finger that was pointed at him. The not-Jasmine’s eyes rolled in her head, a crazy smile on her face, sent another shockwave towards Linnea and screamed as the flames burst from her fingertip, flames flying towards Gerard.

The fire never hit Gerard. He fell to the ground as someone hit him from the side, out of the way of the insane... thing. He rolled out the way and turned to stare at...


At Mikey. His younger brother stood, wreathed in flames with his armed outstretched, frozen in the position that he had shoved Gerard to safety. Only his eyes moved, as he stood as if time no longer affected him. Unable to move. Not-Jasmine grinned and snapped her fingers.

Mikey’s scream echoed in Gerard’s head as unconsciousness washed over him.

AHHHHHH. Why did I do this? I was watching Harry Potter, and it just sort of flowed form my fingertips. Hmmm. I need to update this soon, even I'm itching to get off these cliffhangers! By the way, go check out this story; http://www.ficwad.com/story/193714. It's my little sister's own writing. Read it. Now. Or I won't update this.
Sign up to rate and review this story