Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

Holding Out for a Hero

by kelseyANNE 7 reviews

Nothing worse than a bad dream in the middle of the night. In some cases, nothing better. Herry/OC pairing. Minor fluffiness.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-07-08 - Updated: 2006-07-08 - 854 words - Complete

1Moving
Author's Note: Just because I write OC/Canon pairings, doesn't mean it's the only thing I write, so please...Keep that in mind when you read this. Thanks.

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans, or Herry. I do, however, own Shennille.

*
"Where have all good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?"
-Frou Frou.
*


The red-head tossed and turned, her slender body soaked with sweat. Her thin dark brows knit together in a frown as she pushed her bed covers down off of her. Although fast asleep, her mind was full of horrid creatures and murderous Gods.

"No...no...please..." she murmured, "No..not him...NO!" She shot up into a sitting position, her hair falling in front of her tear-filled eyes. She glanced around the room frantically, in case of unwelcome visitors. "Relax, Shennille...relax," she breathed to herself.

Sliding her feet off of the bed and onto the floor, she grimaced at the amount of sweat covering her tiny body. "Ugh, gross..."

Although she had told herself to relax, Shennille couldn't get her heartrate to settle, and even the slightest flicker caused her to jump. "There's no way I'm going to get to sleep now..." she fumed."Fucking nightmares...always....middle of the night...damnit..."

Pushing herself completely off of the bed, Shennille adjusted her tight black pajama shorts and tank top. Quietly stepping to her door, she opened it as creak-free as possible, and shut it behind her as she entered the hallway. Her dark eyebrows furrowed again, and her teeth clanked against her lip ring as she bit her lip thoughtfully. Who could she go to for comfort?

Neil would flip if anyone dared to disrupt his beauty sleep. Jay just wouldn't understand. Odie? Well, his area of expertise was computers, not nightmares. Archie would probably just make a sarcastic quip, and she didn't feel like going to Atlanta or Theresa for a 'girl talk'. That left only one person.

Herry.

Turning to her left, she padded down the hallway, her bare feet barely making a sound as she gently reached for Herry's bedroom.Carefully grasping the brass door handle, Shennille entered the room as quietly as possible. She walked in, then quickly shut the door.

Swallowing nervously, she stepped forward. "Herry....?" she whispered, hoping he would wake up.

Herry made no move to acknowledge Shennille's words.

Shennille gave an exasperated sigh, and walked over to the bed. Gingerly climbing up onto it, she placed her hand on his arm. "Herry...?" she asked, a little louder this time.

He stirred slightly.

"Herry, I had a nightmare..."

Herry grumbled, and turned his back to her. "Just...five more minutes Granny..."

Shennille's mouth dropped open, and she frowned at his back. Clenching her hand into a fist, she punched him in the shoulder. "I am NOT your Granny!"

"Wha? Hey! What was that for?" Herry turned around rather indignantly, and allowed his eyes to focus on the person who had so lovingly punched him. He blinked, and saw it was a petite red-head, whom he was quite familiar with.

Shennille.

Shuffling onto her knees, Shennille made herself more comfortable. "Herry..." she started. As her cheeks turned slightly pink, she rushed out the words, "I had a nightmare," as fast as possible.

Herry shook his head, "Sorry, there's a fair? What?" He blinked, running a hand through his dark locks.

Shennille lifted her blue eyes to look at him. She smiled a little and noticed just how disheveled he looked, his facial expression a mix of tiredness and confusion.

Shaking her head, she blushed more, "No...I...I had a nightmare, okay?"

Herry then seemed to clue in. Comforting Shennille was obviously one of the boyfriend-type duties that Jay had told him he would have to eventually do.

"Aw, man, that sucks..." Herry placed his arms behind his head, cheeks flushing. He had no idea how to go about doing this. "Uh, want to tell me what happened?"

Shennille bit her lip ring, "No... It's nothing major really... Just the usual: Cronus trying to take over the world, people I care about dying...you know, that sort of thing." She tried to shrug it off and explained, "I just wanted to tell someone."

Herry nodded, and instinctively, he reached his arms out for the girl. "C'mere," he said quietly. Shennille gladly allowed Herry to pull her over to him.

Once she was close enough, Herry wrapped his arms around her thin frame, and held her. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head, one hand reaching to stroke her hair gently. "Don't worry, Shenn, Cron us won't be taking over the world while I'm still here to say something about it," Herry said securely.

Shennille closed her eyes, leaning her head on his shoulder, suddenly more comfortable than she had felt in a long time.

Before she finally drifted off to sleep, a smile crossed her lips. "I know Herry. You're my hero."



*


Author's Note #2: R/R is appreciated, but not a necessity. Do what you will.

-kelseyANNE
Sign up to rate and review this story