Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

The End

by KobraBlaze 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-28 - Updated: 2012-06-29 - 2399 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sooooooooooooooo sorry about such a long wait. I really have no explanation. I've been thinking of some other one-shots though...

Chapter I don't even know anymore... :(
Mikey's POV

I hopped on the bus after Bob who took a seat a few rows down. Seeing that there was nowhere else except the very back, I sat down beside him. He smiled awkwardly at me and I offered my usual forced, half-grin. 
It was very quiet for awhile. Some other kids were staring at me with their googly eyes and some even smirking and sniggering at me. At that point I knew I really didn't want to be there. 

Bob heard their sniggering and whispers and saw the distress on my face. I felt sorry for him. He was going to be stuck with me for the day and going to be picked on just because of me. 

"Mikey, it's alright. They aren't half as bad as they seem. You can hang out with and my friends." Bob tells me, softly while throwing dagger eyes to two girls staring at us. 

"I-It's okay. You don't h-have to i-invite me. I don't mind." I say pathetically, wondering why he would want to Hang out with me. 

Because he's a nice guy and he hasn't seen the real freak I am yet. 

"What do you mean?! I want to invite you! You seem really cool." He smiles at me. "Mikey, really. It's okay. We're friends." How can he assume that so quickly. Scrap assume. How could he even think of being friend with me. 

The bus pulls up outside a school slightly smaller than my old one. It appeared nicer. No metal bars trapping the students in like its a jail. No broken windows in the classrooms. Bob walks towards the school and I follow him a few feet behind. Once inside, he goes upto the office and pulls me over. The lady behind the desk hands me a locker key and a timetable. 

"Hey! You've got music next. Me too. I'll show you where to go!" I nod and follow him again like a lost sheep. We walk into the music. The chairs are spread out in a semi-circle and there are instruments surrounding the room. There was a beautiful piano at the teachers desk. 

"Yo Bryar!" I heard someone shout at Bob. I look up and see a small group of people occupying some seats. 

"Hey Ray! Whats'up?" Bob greets this 'Ray' dude who has a huge Afro. It looks pretty cool. 

"Mikey, this is Ray, Billie Joe, Brendon and Ryan. Guys, this is Mikey. He's new."

"No shit Sherlock! I think I'd remember someone around here who seemingly has good taste in music. I like your hoodie." That guy, Billie Joe, pointed at my Misfits hoodie. 

"Thanks" I lamely mumble. 

"So uh... Mikey, do you play any instruments?" Ray asks me, surprisingly actually interested about me. That probably won't last long. 

I shake my head, unable to make words actually form and come out of my mouth. I'm too nervous and shy to relax so much. 
He nods his head and continues to talk.

"Bob plays drums. Fucking awesome at them, I tell ya!"

"Well, Ray, you're the music genius. He plays guitar and is absolutely unreal." Bob says, trying to put all attention back on Ray. 

I hear some exaggerated coughs from Billie, Ray and Brendon. 
Ray laughs. "Forgetting some 'music genius', Bob?" Brendon asks Bob, dropping hints. 

"Yeah, yeah. You're not too bad... I guess." Bob retorts, smirking to let them know he's only messing. 

"Not too bad?" Billie stares at him, with the most sassiest look. 

"Hey, don't be getting too cocky, Billie. We all know who the best is..." Ryan hushes them down but after a few silent seconds, they start to argue and end up wrestling each other on the floor in. Bob and I just sit and watch them. 

"Don't worry. They only really ever end up with some cuts and bruises. They don't actually mean it." He tells me. I could already guess though. They didn't seem too serious about it. 

"You okay?" He asks me with such a familiar face full of worry. A look I've seen way too many times for me to really be okay. 

I nod my head again. 

"You just seem really quiet. Are you sure you're okay?" 

I nod again but this time I make some kind of noise to let him know I'm okay. Even though I am sort of dying inside. I don't want to be here. Sure, they seem to have lots of fun and they have been nothing but nice to me. I just know that by the end of the week, I'm gonna have no one left. 

"Mikey, I don't exactly know what happened at your last school. I just know that you got bullied and hurt alot. You know, we aren't like that. There are douchebags around here who will judge and laugh at us every now and again. But having you here just makes us even stronger, know what I mean?" To be honest, I don't really but I get where he is coming from. 
I sigh and nod my head. 

"Thanks Bob." 

"He speaks!" Brendon shouts all of a sudden from the ground, Ryan pinned underneath him. They all look at me and then Bob slaps Brendon over the head. "Hey!" He shouts in mock hurt. Eventually, the whole class have piled in and the teacher walks in giving Billie and Ray a look suggesting she knows what they are upto in this class and thats their warning. They chuckle slightly. 

After the next class, which was biology with Billie and Ryan, they invite me to hang around at lunch with them. I accept and follow them down a corridor and under this stairs where Bob, Ray and Brendon have already settled down. 
"Hey Mikey!" Brendon greets me, overly-excited and hugs me. I freeze in the situation and just smile. 

"Hi" I say unable to be heard from Brendon's sudden outburst of frantic squeals about something. I couldn't understand him but Ryan seems to agree with him. I sit down next to Billie and Bob (A/N: Alliteration not intended!) and everyone starts talking about some concert or some mad teacher or something. 

"So Mikey, why don't you come over to mine after school? All the lads are coming." Billie's suggestion reminds me of the last time I trusted someone enough to go to their house. I stare at the floor thinking about it. Thinking of the possible reasons of why they actually want me to go. To laugh at me? Embarrass me? No I can't go. I'm not going to risk it. I can't trust them right now. It does sound horrible but look at what happened with Pete! Avoiding this situation would be easier for all of us. They wouldn't have to put up with me and I wouldn't end up heartbroken and Gerard and Frank wouldn't end up listening to me mope on about my miserable life again. They have heard that way too many times. 

"Eh... Mikey?" I see a hand waving in my face and then realise everyone is staring at me while I stare at the ground. 

"Uh..." 

"You don't have to go like..." Ray adds in. 

"But it'd be more fun if you were there." Bob encourages me. 

"Why?" I whisper, hoping nobody would hear me.

"What did you say?" Billie asks. 

"Umm... Nothing. I... I just have to go now. I eh... I don't t-think I will mak-ke it this evening. Sorry." With that, I stand up and walk down the corridor quickly to my locker. 

I text Gerard to pick me up, unable to deal with the thought of P.E. next and then after school, Billies house. I really can't take another chance. 

Don't I sound like a right baby! I can't even take a risk in my life. I'm too afraid to meet other people. I'm a sad, loner. And probably after that... I don't think anyone wants to know me. 

I receive a text straight away from Gerard. 
'Sure, Mikes. It's okay. I'm on my way' 

He thinks I'm hurt now. He probably thinks Im getting picked on and that I will come out with a broken nose or worse. 
But no. I want to be picked up because I'm afraid. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

Next thing, I hear foot steps behind me and I turn around to find Ryan facing me. 

"You okay, dude? You seem upset. Was it something we said?"

"No! No. Not at all. I just... feel sick. And want my brother to pick me up." I lie to him, feeling so guilty as I do. 

"O-Okay. Well, look Mikey, talk to us whenever you want, about anything you want. Or even just one of us. It's okay." He smiles slightly. "And I know this is probably freaking you out..." His smile broadens and gives a small chuckle. "I mean with us all inviting you somewhere you don't even know where about it is with people you hardly know but you should come tonight, even if you are sick. Chances are, we are all gonna be sick after it!" He finishes and smiles again. 

"Thanks Ryan. I... might be there." He nods and begins to turn around. 

"Ryan?"

"Yeah?" His face lights up. 

"Um... Can you just say that I said 'thanks for showing me around' to the others? It's nice to have friends..." 

He frowns slightly, but returns a grin. 
"Sure Mikey. But it's also nice to have YOU as a friend. Just make sure you know that..." He smiles and turns around. 

I think about what he said. Does he mean it? They don't really know me. 
Yet, it is nice to have friends who don't have to change, the way Pete had to change and loose his friends, well he didn't... But if he actually wanted to be my friend he would have to loose his friends. 
I like being with people who will appreciate me and accept me. 
And these guys I think are definitely like that. They're down to earth. 

My phone beeps and snaps me from my thoughts. I just guess its from Gerard and I walk outside and see him with Frank in the car park. 
I walk over to the car and get in the back seat. 
It's awkward at first. No one knows what to say. 
But Gerard is the first to start...
"Are you okay Mikey?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Nothing really happened. Just over-reacting. I just want to go home." I sigh feeling so stupid for leaving the people that I actually think I felt comfortable with. 

When we arrive home, I collapse on the couch and Frank sits down beside me. 
"What actually happened, Cuteness?" He whispers. 

"Well... Nothing. I met some other guys who are friends with Bob and they are in some of my classes." Frank beams at me excitedly and Gerard joins us after hearing the words of 'friends' and 'Bob'. 

It's like they aren't shocked that I met some other nice people. That they aren't dumbfounded that I managed to talk to people. And I really like it. They really believe in me and since today, I've actually began to believe in myself a little. 

"Go on!" Gerard encourages me, smiling. 

"Then, at lunch they actually wanted me to hang around with them. It really felt good..." I sighed and Gerard ruffled my messy hair with a giant, grin on his face. 
"I knew you'd find some friends Mikes. But why did you want to come home?" He says. 

"Well, at lunch they invited me to a small party at one of their houses and I don't know. I just felt like it was happening again." The smile on my face vanished and Gerard's and Franks began to disappear too. 
"I felt like they were only going to make a fool out of me. Or that they would realise what I'm really like."

"And what you're really like is a kind, smart and interesting kid. And if they can't see that already, well then they aren't worth being your friends." Frank tells me. 

"I think they do like me though. I think they actually want to talk to me and be my friend." I continue. 

"I think they do too Mikes. I mean they sound nice and Bob is a good guy. Are you afraid of it happening again, yeah?" Gerard asks. 

I nod my head. 
"Well, it's not gonna." Frank whispers into my ear, while holding me. 

"How do you know?"

"Because Gerard knows best, doesn't he?!" He smiles and I snuggle into him even further. 

For the rest of the evening, I did my homework and watched a bit of t.v. with Gerard. Frank went home earlier. So it was just me and Gerard. 
I heard a knock on the door and Gerard got up to answer it. I could hear a familiar voice talking to Gee. 
Gee called me over and I saw Bob, Ryan, Billie, Ray and Brendon standing there. 

"Uh... Hi." I say, confused as to why they are here. 

"Ryan told us you were sick so we decided to have the party in Bobs apartment so maybe you could come?" Ray says with a questioning tone at the end. 
I just simply smile. A proper smile. 
Because I know these guys are really my friends because they actually thought about me being sick and wanted to help. 

I look back at Gerard who just nods, not even lifting his eyes. 




That night, I stayed over, by choice! I figured out who were my real friends and finally felt like I belonged somewhere. 

As Frank says "Gerard knows best."





*





And that's it! Done! Finished! It seemed to go on forever. This chapter really annoyed me. I found it really hard. I feel even worse because it is long overdue! So sorry. Thank you so much for reading everyone and for everyone who left all those kind reviews and ratings. 
One more thing, I'm going to Jersey (the island, not New Jersey) for like a week on Saturday so I won't get anything up then. I feel like I said that before! Probably did... Oh well. Thank you for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story