Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 26

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-18 - Updated: 2012-06-18 - 1256 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Hi. Sorry. It's been a while. I don't really know why. But anyway here you go...

Chapter 26

That's why I fucking love Mikey Way. The shit he has been through in his life is enough to drive anyone off a cliff or in this case hang themselves from a bridge. But despite the fact that he did, he still came back so brave and really proved himself that he can handle it. I'm so proud of him. To come fighting through it everyday.

And what he said to Pete. All three of us were astonished by him. He had never said anything like that to anyone before. He usually leaves the talking to Gerard or I. But I could tell by the look on his face that he was going to say something. Sure, he glanced nervously over at me a couple of times for assurance but he still said what he needed to say. And I'm so happy for him.
Gerard was out at the time, luckily for Pete, but when I told him what Mikey said, he couldn't believe it. First, angry that the little shit showed up but so proud of Mikey. I think this change in schools could be good for Mikey.

Monday came around quickly enough. The weekend before it was pretty quiet. Mikey didn't really talk or eat as much. Or sleep for that matter. The two big purple/black rings of deprived sleep around his eyes showed exactly what kind of a night he had. I didn't stay the night, hoping he would get some sleep.

Saturday, Bob came over and they were hanging out. Not much talking from them obviously. It was mostly us. Until Bob mentioned something about Anthrax. Then Mikey's eyes opened a little wider, deciding to tune into the conversation. They just talked for the rest of the evening. About everything really. Except school. Bob brought it up a few times but dropped the subject seeing the look in Mikey's eyes. I wonder if he knows what Mikey has been through.

I arrived bright and early at the apartment on Monday morning. When I went into Mikey's room, he was just lying there with earphones in, staring out the small gap between the curtains.

I called his name but he didn't hear me with the music.

I slowly walked up behind him and lay on his bed. He jumped a little and turned omaround to face me. I pull his earphones out.
"Time for school." I whisper gently even though Gerard is wide awake and worrying in the kitchen.

"Don' wann go in" He grumbles into his pillow.

"C'mon Cuteness... Bob is going with you. Can't keep him waiting now." I sigh and wait for his reply but give up when I get none.

"Mikes, please. You can't stay in here forever. You have to go. It isn't really an option." He shifts his body around and faces me with eyes red from from crying and soot rings from lack of sleep. I really wish he didnt have to go in ever. Sometimes I feel like giving him the day off. But the longer he leaves it to join the school, the worse it's gonna be.

"Frank, I really d..." He starts but just gives in because he knows he has to.

"Sorry Cuteness. C'mon though. Gerard has toast on for you." As if on cue, Gerard pops his head in the door.

He smiles once he sees Mikey awake and sitting up.
"You got him up?!" He says half-sarcastically, half-shocked that he is up.

Mikey grumbles something incoherently and Gerard smirks leaving the room again.
We go into the kitchen and Mikey sits down to eat some toast.
"So ready for today, little brother?" Gerard asks him gently yet confidently, knowing its going to be fine.

Mikey just looks up at him with a slight glare.

"Oh c'mon Mikes. You're gonna be fine. Whatcha worrying about?" Gerard is being a little bit too casual with it all. He knows Mikey is dreading it. But he's acting like its no big deal when none of us can deny the fact that it is a huge change for Mikey.

"What do you expect me be like, Gerard?!" Mikey almost-shouts back. "Do you think I can just be fine with it all? Do you think I'm gonna fit in just great? Do you really think I'm atleast somewhat excited about this?!" He's standing up now, eyes staring in to Gerard's. His bi-polar disorder taking a toll on him again. He just can't help it.
"Because I'm not." His lowers slightly but still you can hear the rage and anger in his voice. "I can't just fit in like that. I'm not gonna make friends. I'd rather bleed to death than start in a new school." What he says completely catches us off guard, especially Gerard.

Nobody says anything for a moment. Mikey jut stares at the ground while Gerard and I try to take in what he just said and meant by it.

But it's plain simple.

He really would rather die than attend a new school.

"Mikey, please... You'll be fine. I promise you this." I wince as Gerrs makes the promise. There is no way he can guarantee that and the last thing Mikey needs is another broken promise.
"Mikey, look at me." Mikey looks up at Gerard as he stands up to be face-to-face with him.
"I completely understand why you don't want to go in and I understand why you don't believe me too. But I know you're gonna be just fine..." Gerard finishes but Mikey just scoffs and walks towards his bedroom door, "Give me a reason to believe that one. "

The door slams and Gerard just looks at me.
I shrug in defeat. I really should be able to help but I just don't know what to do. I wish I did.

A few minutes later, after desperate sobs come from Mikey's locked room, there is a knock on the door. I open it up to find a well-built kid with a school bag and blondey-coloured hair. I guess he's Bob.

"Hey, is Mikey Way there?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure. Just come in for a second."

Gerard goes to get Mikey and I decide to explain to Bob how Mikey can be.

"Bob, Mikey is so fragile and so sensitive. I mean it. Just be nice to him. Please. He got terribly bullied in his last school. So just keep in mind he is obviously gonna shy. Okay?" I watch as Bob tries to take it all in at once as Gerard returns with a wrecked looking Mikey.

"Ready to go?" Bob asks Mikey, who just nods his heAd looking shyly at the floor.

"Mikey, if one thing goes wrong today, ring me and I'll collect you straight away." I whisper into his ear and he nods again. We walk with them to the bus stop just outside.

Mikey doesn't say a word except when he quietly apologises to Gerard.
"Sorry Gee, I will try, I promise. I will try to make friends."

"Mikes, you don't have to do anything you don't want to except..." Gerard leaves a dramatic pause, worrying the poor kid. "... show up."




*





Finally, finished my exams today. Whoo!! And finally got that chapter up. I hope it was okay. I have decided to end it soon, in the next chapter actually I think... I've got some ideas for other stuffs. Rate and review please! Thanks for reading! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story