Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 25

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 1164 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 25
Pete's POV

I have to apologise to him. I just have to. Whether Gerard and Frank stop me or not. I really need him to know he didn't deserve. I didn't know he would take it so far.

Correction: I didn't know we would take it this far. Aaron, the other lads and I. I never would've done it if I knew he was really on the brink of suicidal. I know he told how he felt but... Fuck, I never would've done it if I saw how cute the kid is. I guess I never would have known he was so cute if I hadn't done it. But that is definitely no excuse.
There is no excuse for what I did to him.

I was horrible. I was worse than the others. I was friendly with him, I gained a part of his scarcely shared trust. I lead him on. And then I broke his heart.

Except, it wasn't me who really said it too him. It was all the others, just to make it worse.
I didn't have the guts to tell him. The guts to stop them and tell him the truth. I wish I could've. I really do. But who the fuck would believe me?! Even I'm starting to doubt who I am.

When I kissed him, I felt so exhilarated. Yet, I felt so ashamed. It was bittersweet.
I was kissing him. Mikey who was the macaroni to my cheese. I loved him. I wanted him. But, knowing he was just confused by it all was the worse part. The kid doesn't understand love exactly I guess and when I kissed him, he probably felt so happy to know someone else loves him. So he just went along with it. I knew he loved Frank to pieces. But when he told me what happened, I couldn't help it. He was so upset and I was so tempted.
And look where it all got us.

Mikey nearly dead hanging from the bridge, Then in hospital, possibly able to hear the argument between Gerard, Frank and I. Now? Hopefully at his apartment where I am waiting to apologise to him.

Soon enough, Frank opens the door but the chain stops it about 3 inches from the door frame.
His eyes narrow immediately at the sight of me.
"What are you doing here?" He whispers, angrily.

"I came to apologise. Please Frank. I just want to say sorry and he never had to talk to me again if that's what he wants." I reply desperately for entry into the flat.

"Pete, you're gonna make this quick okay? Herard isn't here right now but if he was he would be garroting you with your own dick." (DisenchatedDestroya's lovely idea of revenge! Thank you!)

I step back a little from Frank after his threat as he slides across the chain to unlock it and opens the door wide enough for only me to barely pass through.
"He's in the kitchen." I hear Frank grumble from behind and I head towards the room.
"But I'm going in first." He stops me. "Wait here for a second."

He walks through into the kitchen and I here mumbles a couple of gasps and sighs. In one minute, which felt like hours, Frank waves me through into the kitchen and I spot Mikey, knees curled up to his chest and head resting on his arms. He avoids eye contact but I keep mine locked on his lost, hurt ones.

"Mikero-" I stop myself, knowing that we aren't in a position of calling each other by nickname. I also get a glare from Frank telling me to back off.
"Look Mikey, what I did was horrible." Yeah, Pete, like I'm sure he hasn't been told that already... "And I was so stupid to do it to you. I didn't know how sweet and cute you are. You didn't deserve it. I promise you, you didn't. Don't believe anything that they said or the reason why I did it. I didn't want to tell you in the end because it wasn't true. It wasn't just a joke. I really did lo-" I think twice, knowing his boyfriend is in the room. "I really did like you as a friend. I acted stupid and I wouldn't blame anyone but myself you decided to never even look at me again." Yet, his eyes stop and slowly, he looks up at me behind his glasses.

"...G-Good Pete..." His eyes move to Frank searching for the courage to tell me to fuck off. They find it but he doesn't say it as harshly as he should. He cutely stutters a couple of times the way he does.
"...Because I don't w-want to see y-your face ever-r again-n" He finishes with a look of establishment on his face. I can tell how mich courage tht took him. To stand up for himself. I stare into his eyes for a couple seconds before Frank breaks the silence, saying exactly what Mikey should have meant.
"In other words, get lost Pete!" He says sternly, standing at the counter relaxed looking almost. I feel tempted to reply but by the look on his face, I know he sure as hell isn't going to take any shit from me.

"I'm just sorry, Mikes. That's the only thing you should believe from me. See you 'round in school?" Of course he just said he never wants to see me again. I glance at him. His eyes well-up a little and he burries his head in his knees. Ashamed to be seen crying. When it should really be ashamed to be seen with me.

"Mikey is moving schools to get the fuck away from you lot. So thank God, you'll never see him again."

"I don't blame you Mikes." I give the smallest up-lifting of my lips to his curled up form.

He's moving schools? I'll never get to see his little face ever be perky. I'll never see him in class. I'll never see him again because he doesn't want me to. And he's dead right. I leave the apartment, head hung low and in shame. And I thought it was bad for me in this situation, imagine what Mikey is feeling!




*




There you go. That may be the last of Pete we will see in this story. I just wanted ask you guys if you have any opinions on this story. I'm not sure if I should finish up in a few chapters or continue and see how well Mikey and Bob get on. If you could suggest anything and any ideas you have if I should continue. I'm afraid of dragging it out so long.
Thanks for reading!
I'm really annoyed! I wanna be at Blink-182 tonight up in Dublin and my brother is there, teasing me by calling me and stuff. And I couldn't go because of these stupid, pointless exams. Sorry for my super-mini-2-liner rant! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story