Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Let's Kill Tonight

Let's Kill Tonight

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 2 reviews

REWRITTEN “What if…I could show you a vampire…one that isn’t all bad,” he said slowly.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Published: 2012-06-23 - Updated: 2013-10-08 - 1373 words - Complete

2Exciting
I roamed the dark streets silently, my enlarged canines poking at my lower lip. I smirked as pedestrians passed me by. Occasionally I would flash a smile in their direction and immediately their eyes would cast down and they would quickly hurry off as if I were a shark about to attack. Which I suppose was a very good analogy. However they were not my prey.

I turned my attention back to the task at hand. I was looking for someone. I’d found him through the personal ads—amazing how even parasites had personal ads. I looked down at my rather revealing clothing, hoping the weapons weren’t visible anywhere. Spencer and Patrick had done a good job concealing them but there was still concern. Mainly that I was alone tonight.

I scanned the streets, looking for my target. He was a larger man, more muscular than I was used to, but I was sure I could take him. I spotted a head of dark hair in the crowd and knew immediately it was him. I smirked and readied myself before slinking up behind him and tapping his shoulder.

“Michael,” I purred, letting my tongue linger over the ‘l’.

He turned and smirked at me. “So you’re Jack,” he said with a slight glint in his eye. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into an alley. He was bigger than I’d anticipated and I could feel his strength as he pushed me against the wall. “You want the money now or after?” His large canines caught his lips as he spoke.

I smiled. “I don’t want your fucking money.” I brought my knee to his groin and pushed him away. He fell to his knees in pain giving me enough time to take my knife from its hiding place in my boot. He lumbered to his feet in time for me to jump at him, wrap my arm around his throat and swing myself around to his back. I quickly brought the knife to his neck and cut in one clean slice. I must have hit some sort of artery, as blood began oozing out. I relinquished my hold on his neck and pushed away. He fell to his knees grasping at his slashed throat.

I opened my small coat to reveal a small machete. “Next time, fuck with someone else’s family.” I quickly brought the weapon down on his head and suddenly I saw red. I raised the weapon again and smashed it harder and harder and once more. I raised it to hit one more time before a hand stopped my own.

I whirled around ready to take out another of the bloodsuckers but only saw a frightened face. I sighed as I realized it was only my twin sister Jo. Why was she out here? She wasn’t supposed to be. She was supposed to be back at the warehouse with Pete or Gerard. She. Should. Not. Be. Here.

Jo looked over my shoulder at the dead vampire and gasped. “Jesus Christ Jack! You didn’t have to go ape-shit on the guy! He’s already dead.”

“I didn’t want the bloodsucker to get up a second time, Jo,” I explained, slightly annoyed.

She sighed. “C’mon Jackie, Let’s get back home.” I looked down at my blood spattered dress and coat and quickly obliged, my black stiletto boots clicking as I followed behind.

When we got back to the warehouse I quickly walked to the meeting room. Pete, Gerard, Patrick, and Spencer all sat around the table laughing at some joke I’d missed. When I was sure Jo was out of earshot I grabbed the person who was nearest to me—which happened to be Spencer—and threw him against the wall. “Why the fuck was she out alone!” His eyes widened as my arm moved to his throat, locking him in place.

“J-jack, could you please take the fake teeth out? They freak me out!” His voice wavered.

I bared my teeth revealing the fake canines. “What, these?” Arms wrapped around my waist pulling me off of Spencer. “Let go of me!” I shouted, wiggling to get out of the person’s grasp. I managed to spin around to face Pete. “Stay out of this.” I quickly turned back to Spencer. “Why was she out alone,” I asked through bared teeth.

Pete grabbed my arms and held them behind my back so I couldn’t hit anyone. I clenched my jaw and glared at him.

“If looks could kill,” he tried to joke.

“You’d be dead ten times over.” I faced Spencer again. “Answer the damn question.”

“She worries about you, Jack,” he said tentatively.

I laughed. “Are you fucking kidding me, Spencer? I don’t care how much she worries about me,” I shouted. “I can handle myself. She can’t! You don’t let her go out alone, what the fuck don’t you understand about that?” I struggled in Pete’s grip. I wanted to strangle Spencer! “She could have died. How do you think Gee would feel if you let Mikey out alone? He wouldn’t hesitate to hurt you! You’re lucky Pete’s holding me!” I shouted, knowing full well that I could get out of Pete’s grasp easily.

“I know Jack, I’m sorry ok!”

I brought the heel of my boot down hard on Pete’s foot, causing him to shout out in pain and let go of me. I glared at Spencer for a few tense moments. “You are so fucking lucky she didn’t get hurt,” I said before turning on my heel and leaving angrily.

I ran up to the roof of our building and sat in silence. My knees were pulled to my chest, my head resting on them. I stared at the stars and the lightening sky. I was enjoying the solitude when I heard the squeak of the hatch being lifted and someone’s footsteps approaching me. I looked over as Patrick sat down next to me. He would want to talk and I really didn’t want to talk.

“Spencer’s really sorry you know,” he said after a few seconds of silence.

“I know,” I mumbled. I did know that he was sorry; it’d be ridiculous if I didn’t know. They all worried about me when I was out hunting. Well everyone aside from Pete, he knew what I was capable of. But everyone else? They had no idea. They saw me as someone to protect, the way I saw Jo. The difference was that I knew how to fight.

“Why do you try so hard?”

Confused, I turned to look at him. “What?”

“You know, protecting Jo. Why do you try so hard?”

I turned back to the empty parking lot below us angrily. Why the hell wouldn’t I protect her? She was my sister! Who cares if she’s my twin, she wouldn’t harm a goddamn fly and that is why I needed to protect her. She sure as hell wouldn’t protect herself. But I couldn’t say that.

“She’s the only family I’ve got left.”

Patrick took a breath as if he was about to say something then changed his mind. I watched him as he tried to form his words carefully. He opened his mouth to say something then closed it again.

I sighed. “Just say it Patrick.”

“What if…I could show you a vampire…one that isn’t all bad,” he said slowly.

I raised an eyebrow. “I think hell will freeze over before that happens, Trick.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. “Just follow me.”

So I don't remember if I said before but I'm rewriting this story. I hope you all like the rewrite, it'll basically be the same with just better character development. I'm diggin it so far. I also have part of the sequel written so I'll probably post that when I finish with this rewrite. So far this is the only chapter I have done so I'll say in the summary if it's rewritten or not. Have a lovely day everyone!
Sign up to rate and review this story