Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Poor and Unfortunate Souls

I Mean it, I'm Okay! (Trust Me)

by MyNomDePlume 6 reviews

Just your average bus ride to school.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2012-06-30 - Updated: 2012-07-01 - 795 words

0Unrated
“YOU’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!” I screamed at the burly man who had me slung over his shoulder.

I lashed out in every direction, desperate to get as far away as possible. My struggling and yelling was earning me very irritated glares from the crowd of parents surrounding the bright purple school bus. Let me repeat, bright purple.

Where was I? Oh right, my protesting! I was shouting at the top of my lungs and flailing like a madman. The guy carrying me must’ve been pretty pissed about my screaming in his ear and all. He literally threw me into the overly joyful bus and slammed the door in my face.

“Shut it, fag.” he muttered in a low, sinister voice, just loud enough for me to hear.

I flipped him off before he stalked away victoriously.

“Bastards...” I muttered under my breath, taking one last look at my parents and wishing silently that they would rot in that little old place they believed I was going called hell.

I brushed myself off and turned to find a seat. I immediately spotted Ryan sitting by himself a few rows back. His little wave and nervous smile made me melt like a popsicle. My feet carried me lightning fast to my precious Ryro. Unfortunately, lightning fast means a good chance of tripping, which I did. I landed face first in front of a pair of bare feet as the bus started moving. My eyes trailed up to see a fair-skinned girl in an oversized sweatshirt.

“Hope you had a nice trip, see ya next fall.” she laughed as she dragged me to my feet. Only when I stood up did I realize how short she was. Shorter than my old friend, Pete, but I digress.

“Sorry about that.” I rubbed the back of my neck as I felt my cheeks turn flaming red.

“Yeah yeah. The name’s Anna.” she stuck out her hand expectantly.

“I’m Brendon.” I reached to shake her hand, but she pulled it back slyly. My face was probably the color of a fire truck as I lowered my hand.

Anna just rolled her eyes like I was a little kid and whispered something to a blue-haired boy sitting next to the aisle. He bit his lip ring shyly before stifling a laugh. I clenched my fists and started down the aisle again, only to be stopped by a gentle hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry about Anna and Jaxx. They’re really nice once you get to know them.” a girl in a black cape-thing smiled at me.

She kind of looks like Darth Vader, I thought to myself before noticing a girl with forest green eyes and purple streaks in her hair.

“Yeah, they can be a little bit of a pain in the ass at first, but they’ll warm up to you. Sort of like those heat-pack thingies at people use when it’s really cold or something. It’s also like-”

Her strange rambling was cut off by a nudge in the ribs by the first girl. “I’m Mel and this is Cait.” she offered with an extended hand.

“Brendon.” I replied, eyeing her hand cautiously before shaking it. Mel and Cait just laughed at me. Not in a mean way, though. It was friendly, just like I hoped everyone else would be.

I saluted them and continued down the aisle. Finally, I got to Ryan’s seat and sat down with a sigh. He leaned over and planted a quick kiss on my cheek.

“Well that was quite an entrance.” he murmured with a small grin.

I remained silent and buried my head in his shoulder. Ryan wrapped a protective arm around me and took my hand in his. Ugh. I hated feeling so helpless in front of Ryan. I was supposed to be the composed one here! But here I was, bursting at the seams with a strange concoction of confusing emotions. It was only a matter of time before I exploded and broke down. I willed myself to stay strong for Ryan’s sake.

“Stop doing this to yourself, Bren. I can see the clockwork spinning in your head. You don’t need to pretend that you’re okay.”

“But I am okay.” my little lie came out as an even smaller whimper that made me sound like a child.

“No you’re not. Don’t lie to me, Bren.”

That was the end of our conversation. We didn’t speak for the rest of the ride. Probably because I fell asleep in the best place in the world - his embrace.



Hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am. :) R&R pretty please!
xoxo Liz
Sign up to rate and review this story