Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Poor and Unfortunate Souls

You Know What They Do to Kids like Us

by MyNomDePlume 6 reviews

...her eyes rested on me. Call me Bambi, because I must’ve looked like a deer in the headlights.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-07-08 - Updated: 2012-07-08 - 711 words

1Ambiance
“Welcome to Saint Anderson’s Academy of Correction for Poor and Unfortunate Souls,” a rather plump woman stood behind a podium in front of a sea of students. She was smirking at some of our terrified expressions, “I am Mrs. Reed, the headmaster of this school. You all know why you’re here. You are all the spawn of Satan and a disgrace to God. You should all burn in hell.” As she uttered that last menacing word, her eyes rested on me.

Call me Bambi, because I must’ve looked like a deer in the headlights.

“That’s why we have so graciously taken you all in. We are here to save your poor and unfortunate souls. Now, Pastor Johnson will call out your names and what rooms you will be staying in.” Mrs. Reed’s malicious expression softened slightly as Mr. Creepy-Pastor-Dude came up to the podium. He cleared his throat and gave us a fake-cheery smile.

“Let’s begin, shall we? Melisa Arias, Room A10...” I listened as he went through the list in alphabetical order, too nervous to think straight. What if Ryan and I were on other sides of the school? That would definitely put a spin on the term “long distance relationship”.

“...room B9. George Ryan Ross, room A12. Spencer Smith, room A13. Brendon Urie, room A12. Jonathan Walker, room A13..."

Ryan and I exchanged small, bittersweet grins. At least we would have each other in this hellhole.

“You will be sharing a room with one or two of our current students who will help you settle in. Please head up the main stairs and find your hall.” the pastor kept his instructions brief and blunt, kind of like he wanted to spend as little time with us as possible. He must’ve thought that he would catch the “gay bug” or something.

What a fucktard.

We complied with his instructions nonetheless, some of us more eager to get away from the adults than others. Spencer had a strong grip on Jon’s arm as well as mine as he dragged us up the stairs. I held Ryan’s hand tightly, afraid to lose the smaller boy in the crowd. Other kids were taking their time, unafraid of the headmaster and the pastor. I noticed Anna and Jaxx talking and laughing as they strolled up the stairs nonchalantly. I hoped they weren’t laughing about me.

As the crowd split up into the different hallways, Spencer, Jon, Ryan, and I made our way down the “A” hallway.

I murmured the room numbers as we walked. “...A10, A11, here we go - A12.”

I gave Ryan puppy-dog eyes and pointed to the door. He rolled his eyes and muttered something like “never gonna grow up” before knocking. About five seconds later, the door flew open with surprising speed.

“Hey, you guys must be Ryan and Brendon. C’mon in.” a rather colorfully dressed girl stood in the doorway.

We followed her into the room silently. It was nice and spacious with two bunk beds against opposite walls. One was already occupied by the colorful girl and someone else. A young girl sat facing away from us on the bottom bunk. She had ear buds in and a laptop on her lap. The music must’ve been so loud that she didn’t hear us come in. I could definitely relate with her.

“I totally forgot! I’m Analeigh, but you can call me Ana or even Ana Banana.” the first girl smiled brightly at us before walking over to the younger girl. “Lexi? How ya feelin’?” Lexi murmured something inaudible. “Okay, just tell me if you need anything. Ryan and Brendon are here, by the way.”

Lexi turned around and the sight made me want to cry. Her eyes were bloodshot, hopeless, and somewhat vacant. She looked like the epitome of defeat. Her appearance could be summed up into one word: Broken.

So that’s what this school does to kids, I thought to myself as I felt Ryan’s thin hand squeeze mine.

We were so fucked.




Sorry it took so long to update! I plan on updating as much as I can before I leave for camp in 2 weeks. R&R pretty please! xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story