Categories > Books > Harry Potter > [S]==> Fandom Jump

Tavros: Be Brave

by Mynameisnotimportant 1 review

I warned you about the Spider8itch, Bro. I told you, dog.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-03 - 831 words

-1Illiterate
Cracks spiraled up the walls, through the heart of the meteor, and up into the main room where all the computers were.
Needless to say, everybody was panicking.

“Holy shit, you guys, holy shit!”
“We’re all gonna die!”
“Where’s Eridan?”
“WHERE’S GAMZEE?!”
“I don’t wanna die!”
“Look out!”

Everybody parted as a large section of ceiling fell, crushing half of the husktops.
This did not help the situation.

Karkat stared at the group, then climbed to the highest point, which was the top of the wreckage.
“HEY, NOOKSUCKERS! WOULD YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN PROTEIN CHUTES FOR TWO FUCKING MINUTES AND LISTEN?” Karkat shouted, waving his arms.
Everybody’s chatter died down.
“Needless to say, we’re in the shit. We are bone bulge deep in shit. Has anyone talked to the humans?” Karkat asked, looking down on the group.
Several trolls got the hint and ran to the remaining husktops.

“Rose, Rose, Please Be Okay...” Kanaya whispered, booting up the computers.
“I’m go for John!” Vriska shouted, fingers flying over the keys.
“Dave says everything’s fine where he is!” Terezi reported.
“What about the Jade human?” Karkat asked, folding his arms.
Feferi dashed to the nearest husktop, then, after a few moments, she came back with her reply.
“She’s sleeping.”

“Okay, so whatever the hell this is, it hasn’t hit them yet. Anybody have any sort of idea what could cause this?” Karkat asked, keeping an eye on the rapidly declining state of the room.
Equius cleared his throat. “If I may?”
“Go ahead,” Karkat told him.
“Only something Strongly horrible could cause a collapse of this magnitude. I daresay that it could possibly be a Total Protonic Reversal caused by a machine the Highblood built,” Equius said, folding his arms.
“Hey!” Karkat snapped, sliding down the wreckage pile. “Don’t you go saying shit about Gamzee, understand?! He’d never hurt anyone, okay?”
Equius’s brow creased. “Not that Highblood. The seadwelling one.”
“So this is all Eridan’s fault?” Vriska asked, standing up.
“I assume so,” Equius replied.

“What’s a Total Protonic Reversal?” Nepeta asked.
“A Total Protonic Reversal? Imagine All Life As You Know It Stopping Instantaneously And Every Molecule In Your Body Exploding At The Speed Of Light,” Kanaya explained, the computer screen casting a strange glow over her skin.
“What-Should-We-Do?” Aradia asked, her robotic body clanking as she shifted her weight.
“Uhh, we should send somebody down to face him, maybe?” Tavros said nervously.
“No, Tavros, don’t be stupid. Eridan would take them down in two fucking seconds,” Karkat snapped.
“Yeah, Toreadork! Besides, we’d need somebody, y’know, brave. Somebody who doesn’t need to rely on a stupid wriggler story to feel better about his sorry existence. Why don’t you just play with your fiduspawn cards and stay outta our way?” Vriska asked, voice saccharine and full of knives.

Tavros turned to the side. Why did she have to be so mean to him? He wished Gamzee was here. Gamzee would have stuck up for him, spit some sick burns right back in Vriska’s face. Gamzee wasn’t even here right now, and it was all Eridan’s fault!

Well, they wanted a hero, huh? Well, they, uhh, better look out, because, uhh, Tavros Nitram was here to stop them!
Stepping back from the group, Tavros left, metal legs squeaking, to go find Eridan. He could feel Rufio egging him on, and he kept his eyes wide open, because he didn’t want to miss a moment of this.
“So, uhh, you don’t think I’m brave, Vriska? Uhh, Fine! I’ll show you. I can do this...”

Venturing deeper into the meteor, Tavros stepped over a large crack in the floor.
“Rufio? Can you hear me? I need your help, uh, ruh-ruh-right now! I have tuh-tuh-tuh-to go fight one of, uh, my friends. Uh...where are you, Rufio?” Tavros asked, the air, hoping that maybe that could summon Rufio.

“Rufio’s not here, Tavv. Just me!”

Tavros quickly uncaptchalogged his lance, turning to the sound of Eridan’s voice, but Eridan was faster.
“Stupefy!”
All Tavros got to see was a bright flash of light.

“Did you like it, Tavv? I did. Noww see here, Tavv, wwhen I created the Rift, I managed to get some of my owwn...stuff. I got my owwn wwand, Tavv. Isn’t that cool? You’d agree wwith me, but you’re unconscious. Mobilicorpus!”
Tavros’s body lifted a few feet off the ground, and Eridan guided him into the Rift with a shove.
“That wwas easy,” Eridan commented, twirling his new wand in a circle, which emitted blue sparks. The Rift had spat it out a few minutes ago, shortly after he shoved in Gamzee. That made sense. Wouldn’t the Rift work both ways?

“Noww, then. Wwho else wwants to play?” Eridan asked, hipster glasses switching to his Trollian chat program.
Sign up to rate and review this story