Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Killjoys Make Some Noise

2

by KaleidoscopeSunrise 5 reviews

“Ohh, Midget Man knows big words!” I said with fake astonishment.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-03 - Updated: 2013-04-30 - 1764 words

2Moving
Kaleidoscope’s POV

I sat in the backseat of their car. The four boys still hadn’t told me their names. I sat in-between the guy with black hair and the guy with the ‘fro. This was just getting annoying, I felt like I was a prisoner or something!

“So what are your names?” I asked, looking around at them all.

“Fun Ghoul,” said the black-haired guy next to me. He was considerably shorter than me, how had I not noticed before?

“Jet Star,” the other guy next to me said.

“Kobra Kid.”

The guy with the bright hair didn’t say anything, just kept his eyes on the road. I leaned forward. “And you Mystery Man?” I poked his shoulder. “Do you have a name?” His grip on the steering wheel tightened and I felt the car accelerate. I smirked. “Ok Mystery Man, I guess not.”

“Party Poison,” he growled out.

Being this close to the boys I should’ve been able to see their faces better but, alas, I couldn’t. All of them decided that I wasn’t trustworthy and had donned their masks. I didn’t really blame them though, I had almost shot their friend.

“So you don’t exactly look like a Killjoy,” Fun Ghoul said from next to me.

I snorted. “I don’t exactly look like I’m from the pristine white walls of the cities, now do I?” Everything behind the walls of the city was white, white, white, white, hey look, some black. It was how BL/ind liked it. Ever since they took over the government things changed, and not for the better.

Most people didn’t notice that though, not with the way BL/ind had perfected mind control. When they came into power it didn’t seem like such a bad thing, then they started taking away our basic rights as humans. It started with writing. We weren’t allowed to write anymore, we could have been plotting something. The next to go was privacy. BL/ind installed cameras everywhere. Eventually they developed pills to take away our emotions and our ability to think for ourselves.

They started building concentrated cities, one major city for every state. Everywhere beyond the city walls was just abandoned. Travel between states became restricted except for BL/ind officers. No one thought anything of it though, they were controlling our minds!

Us Killjoys were forced into the wasteland that became of the world in-between the cities. We weren’t forced literally but we got out of there before BL/ind could control us completely.

“We don’t have to take you anywhere.” Party Poison’s voice broke me out of my thoughts.

“Then don’t,” I stated, not completely sure of why he said it.

“Would you rather walk to the next safe zone without a ray gun?” he countered.

“Well I was doing just fine before.”

“Oh right, you were stealing from other Killjoys,” he spat angrily.

“I’m not sure if you noticed, but not many of us actually have the luxury of motorized vehicles,” I said matching his tone.

“What, so you were going to steal the car then?” he said sarcastically.

I clenched my jaw and bit back any rude remarks I had. “I only meant I thought you were a BL/ind officer.”

Fun Ghoul laughed. “A Draculoid? Those guys ride motorcycles.”

I sighed in annoyance. “Sometimes they do in fact drive cars.” I was being a bitch , I knew, but these guys were getting on my nerves. Well Party Poison was at least, Kobra Kid and Jet Star hadn’t actually said much. At that moment they were my favorites and I was kind of regretting attacking Kobra.

“How did you even know a car was coming?” Jet asked.

I rolled my eyes. Of course someone was going to ask that. “Well, what is there an abundance of in the desert?” The car was silent for a moment, as if they were hesitant to answer.

“Sand?” Fun Ghoul spoke up.

“Very good!” I said, speaking to him as if he were a five year old. “So what happens when you drive down a dirt road?” I addressed the car in a condescending tone.

“The dirt flies everywhere,” Kobra said immediately.

“So you guys do know something!” I exclaimed, clapping my hands together. Party’s grip tightened on the steering wheel again.

“We’re not idiots, you don’t have to treat us like we are,” he said through gritted teeth.

“Au contraire, I do when you act like the idiots you claim not to be. Besides I wasn’t treating these two like idiots,” I said, pointing to the boys beside me.

Fun Ghoul stared at me incredulously. “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize patronizing someone wasn’t treating them like an idiot,” he said sarcastically.

“Ohh, Midget Man knows big words!” I said with fake astonishment.

Party slammed the brakes and turned around to face me. “Get out,” he snarled.

“And if I don’t?” He pulled out his gun and pointed it at me. “Wouldn’t want to ruin your car,” I said sarcastically.

“Let her out of the car Jet,” he said, never taking his eyes off me. Kobra got out of the car and opened the door for us. Party watched Kobra for a quick second, giving me time to slip Jet’s gun from its holster.

Ghoul’s POV

I watched Kaleidoscope take Jet’s gun. She obviously had experience picking pockets. As she got out of the car she easily hid the gun in the back of her shorts. I didn’t say anything though.

I could understand why Party didn’t want to trust her. She was kind of a bitch but something about her told me that wasn’t the real her. Maybe it was just my optimism. I didn’t even mind her ‘Midget Man’ comment. It was actually kind of funny.

I got out of the car and followed Party. Kaleidoscope walked around to face us, never turning her back to us. To Party it was probably a sign of distrust but I knew she was just trying to hide the stolen gun. I still didn’t say anything about it. I was kind of wondering what she planned to do with it.

Party still had his gun trained on her. I sighed and pulled off my mask, tired of wearing it. No one noticed, they were all focused on Kaleidoscope and Party.

“Why are you such a bitch?” Party finally asked with a scowl on his face.

“I’m not the bitch that everyone seems to think I am,” she spat angrily.

“Look Kaleidoscope—”

“No, shut up ok!” she shouted interrupting Kobra. “Excuse me for doing things to survive in our fucked up world! I’ve done a lot of shit as of late, a lot of shit I regret, but you know what? There is nothing I regret more than stopping your fucking car! All you’ve done is piss me off and call me a bitch,” she ranted. “You know what? I’m not always this much of a bitch. I’m done with this bullshit! Fuck you guys! I’ll find my own way out of here!” She started backing away from our car when I noticed something behind her. “The only way to live in our current society is to fight! It’s like Lord of the fucking Flies over here! Holy hell!”

She continued ranting as I watched the Draculoid quietly approach her from behind. Why wasn’t anyone shooting? Party still had his gun out trained right on Kaleidoscope, why wouldn’t he shoot? I knew he didn’t like her at all, but he hated Dracs more. I searched my pockets for my gun only to find I’d left it in the car.

“Uh Kaleidoscope—” I started, trying to warn her.

“No Ghoul! Shut up!” she screamed. The Drac was almost on her when she let out an animal scream and spun around. She punched the Drac in the face and kicked it in the stomach. It fell to the ground and she pulled Jet’s gun out from behind her back. Instead of shooting it like I thought, she dropped to her knees, pulled off the vampire mask, and brought the gun down forcefully on her enemies head. She kept hitting the Drac, letting out primal screams as she did so. She screamed and grunted, making noises I never knew any person could make.

We all stood in shock as Kaleidoscope brought the gun down again and again. The Drac was long since dead. A pool of blood gathered around it soaking into the desert sand. This went on for a few minutes before I snapped out of my haze.

I walked over to her. “Kaleidoscope,” I said softly. She didn’t answer, only kept hitting the Drac. Blood spattered all over her, but she didn’t stop. “Kaleidoscope,” I said louder. Again, she didn’t stop. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her off of the Drac. I whirled her around to face me and could see the tears trailing down her face, washing away the blood spatter.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and sobbed onto my shoulder. I slowly sat down on the ground, pulling her with me. We stayed like that for a few minutes before she pulled away from me. She wiped her face and stood up, turning to face Party, Jet, and Kobra.

She handed Jet his gun back and said, “I’m sorry for everything I’ve said. I shouldn’t have been so rude to you all. Thank you for taking me this far, I’ll just go now.” She took a few steps from us, wobbled a bit, and fainted.

A/N: So I'm sorry I didn't put this out yesterday. My parents were kind of mad at me for being gone during the storm that we had and rightfully so. But they eventually let me go to the library because of some...upsetting news. It turns out that I'm MOVING to freaking SOUTH CAROLINA. Seriously, what the hell is in South Carolina? Rednecks? But in my haste to leave my house I left my binder at home and didn't get to copy any of what I had written. Sorry, I'm done ranting now. Anyway, I don't like this chapter all that much but rates and reviews are greatly appreciated. Stay lovely everyone!
~XOXO~ Kaleidoscope
Sign up to rate and review this story