Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Not So Adaptable

Not So Adaptable

by wayuphighify 6 reviews

Ally and her brother Alex are forced to move to Vegas and are forced to deal with new people. (Auditioned story)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2012-06-27 - Updated: 2012-06-27 - 2584 words

0Unrated
I remember when I moved when I was younger; seven years old and I was so excited and happy to leave even though my life was all about that place.

Now that I’m a junior in high school the conversation with mom actually went somewhat like this:

“Uh… Alex, Ally, we’re moving to Nevada this June.” Being that it was already May 2nd, my twin brother and I sat in shock.

“Wait what? Great…” Alex whispers.

Great? Fuck you, Alex. You know mom doesn’t understand sarcasm at all. She smiles as he rolls his eyes.

“I’m not going.” I protest, sitting on my bed with my legs crossed. “I’ll live with Christina and Rhea, or they’re coming with. I’m not going.” I say, thinking about my friends who I would probably die going a week without; let alone the rest of my life.

“You are going. With us. They have phones for a reason anyway.”

Fuck you, Mom, fuck you.

Alex turns his head towards me, raising his eyebrows. “Where in Nevada?”

“Close to Vegas.”

“F-freaking great, Mom, we’ll be neighbors with strippers!” I bite back from actually swearing to her.

It all went downhill from there, I cried on the flight, thinking about how I spent most of my life growing up with those people and now I have to start again.

Years of bullshit, once again.

“Isn’t it lovely?” Mom beams, smiling, looking at the gigantic house.

Don’t smile. Stop. This isn’t a happy matter. Yes the house it beautiful- but uh, shit, I TOLD MYSELF NOT SO SMILE WHAT AM I DOING.

Smiling, that’s what.

“I knew you guys would love it,” The house is huge, even though it only has to fit the four of us, a big driveway with stone, to the two doors in the front. The side of the house is made out of different rocks which eventually end drifting into a grey wood with carvings around large windows.

“Holy shit.” Alex says as we get out of the car, seeing the moving trucks coming from around the corner.

Once I remember how to breathe, I take my eyes off of the house and stare at mom. “How long are we staying here?”

“A while,” She simply answers, shrugging to herself.

Despite how rude and inappropriate it is I want to punch my mom in the face.

--

After about an hour of unpacking and organizing, my brother and I decide to go for a walk around the neighborhood to stalk- or um, check out our neighbors.

However Alex had other ideas before we left.

“Ally!!” He runs up to my room, “Feel my neck! Do I have bumps?! I think I have bugs in my head.”

“What the fuck?”

“I took a nap and then there was a bug on my pillow and I freaked the fuck out. Feel my neck I think a bug burrowed inside it!”

“You’re a hypochondriac, you’re fine.”

“FEEL MY NECK.” He says, while rubbing his.

“FINE.” He takes my hands and makes them run over his neck, me only feeling muscle.

“I think that’s just muscle, dumbass.”

“No, no. Do you FEEL it?!”

“Yes.”

“Let me feel yours.”

“I’m not letting you feel my neck, Alex.”

“COME ON!” He grabs me and runs his hand over my neck, me squirming.

“That tickles!” I laugh.

“You have them too,”

“See? You’re fine.” I slap away his arms.

“Either that or we’re both infected. Man, we’re screwed.”

“Fuck it, let’s go.”

--

We walk on the sidewalk, looking at the houses surrounding us. A kid is walking in our direction, looking around our age. “You the new people?” He asks unknowingly. Holy shit he is kind of attractive, big brown eyes and a solid five inches taller than me.

“Yeah, just got in today.” Alex chimes.

“Sweet, I’m Brendon. I live right over there.”

“I’m Alex and this is my sister, Ally.”

“Oh thank god, I thought you were her boyfriend.” He says, laughing lightly.

Wait what?

“She’s single too.” Alex laughs; I punch him in the arm.

Shit, he has hard arms. Ouch. I shake my hand to try to make the pain stop.

“If you want to hang out sometime, just come on over. You look like my kind of—“

“Pft,” I roll me eyes.

“What? You’re hot; therefore you have every right to talk to me.” He grins; my brother’s eyes are wide.

“Brendon fuck off,” A girl comes walking to the side of us, her small stature coming between all of us.

Brendon laughs lightly. “I’ll talk to you soon, gorgeous.” He winks and walks away.

“So now that you have met the neighborhood dick, I’m Anna.” She turns to us.

“’m Ally, this is my brother Alex.”

“You guys sound weird.”

“What?” Alex questions.

“Where are you guys from?”

“Uh… Chicago.”

“God, you guys sound rather… nasally.”

“Not our fault,” My eyes narrow. So far I do not like the people in Vegas. They’re mean.
Yes, people in Chicago are mostly mean but know it was necessarily worldwide… or countrywide. Whatever.

“Eh. It’s okay. It will go away soon enough.”

“You’re not really nice.” Alex says pointedly.

“You’re not naturally tan.” She bites back, I burst into laughter. Yes, Alex fake-and-bakes.

“HA, you’re right.” I say, she grins.

Alex pouts and walks back to the house; he always feels upset when someone knows his game.

“So let me take you around here, okay? You won’t last long if I didn’t.” I nod and follow her.

“Okay, so that’s the Urie’s house, you just got so lucky to live right next door, as am I. My house is right there.” She makes movements with her hands, showing me. “Right there is the Clark’s, they’re alright, Travis is pretty nice for the most part. He’s going to be a junior. Like Brendon and I.”

“Alex and I will be juniors too.” I exclaim. “He’s just a bit… older looking.”

“Your brother looks like he’s in his twenties.” I start laughing to myself again.

“He acts like a twelve year old girl. He just made me feel his neck to check if he had bugs burrowing inside of him.”

“… What the hell?”

“He’s complex.”

“Are you close with your brother?”

I think for a moment. “Yeah,” I nod. “He’s well, always there. So we end up being around each other a lot.” A shrug, “It’s not always the best deal as you can see.”

“I’m an only child.” She says too cheerfully. “Oh look there’s Gabe! Gabe, meet the new girl!” A tall dark haired guy makes his way over, I can feel the awkwardness.

It’s like being that new toy at daycare that everyone gets to look at.

“Hey, I’m Gabe and I’m gay.” He says happily, I have to have my mind process. That’s a new way to introduce yourself.

“Okay hi, I’m Ally and I’m… straight.”

“He always introduces himself like that; anyway, Brendon is totally all over Ally.” Anna says, nudging Gabe in the arm.

“Jesus, that guy doesn’t know when to stop.”

“I know!”

“He’s obnoxious.” I add.

“Yeah, please don’t fall for him.” Gabe begs, sounding serious, “I swear it’s a big game to him. William used to be friends with him.”

“Who’s William?”

“My boyfriend,” He smiles like a little girl would receive a Popsicle.

I nod, trying to process all of the things I’ve learned in the last fifteen minutes. I’m not really good with memory or faces, so this is a bit much.

We continue walking along, talking about random things that come up.

“Guys, what the fuck is that!” I scream, seeing a large bug.

“A bug?” Gabe shrieks, jumping back.

“Damn, you guys.” Anna rolls her eyes, stepping on the bug.

“Anna what have you done!” I practically yell, “That was a living creature!” I say, acting like a princess.

“I MUST SLAY THE BUG.” She laughs as I narrow my eyes at her.

“That wasn’t very nice.” I laugh with her.

“It deserved to die.” Gabe says.

“Excuse me,” I nudge him, “Imagine if you were a bug, just being in your general buggy bravado and people yell and step on you.”

“Ooookay.” Gabe shrugs.

“See, I was right.” I grin.

I hear my phone vibrating in my pocket and answering it. “Hello?”

“Home, now?” Mom says. I can’t pick up her tone well, but she sounds somewhat worried.

“Okay, no problem.” I hang up on that. “Got to get back home guys.”

“Fair enough. We’re gonna hang out soon. You’re alright.” Anna doesn’t ask, just tells me.

Alright, well I at least have one friend.

“What about me?” Gabe pouts.

“You too, loser.” She says.

We all return to our houses, me still being in shock that I live here. Our house in Chicago was okay, but nothing compared to this one.

I guess when both of your parents are lawyers you’re kind of set.

I walk into the kitchen to be greeted by mom and uh,

Well,

The one and only.

Brendon.

“Hey sweetie! This nice boy came to welcome us to the neighborhood! He brought us a pizza for dinner.” I groan.

“Thanks,” I say quietly, standing there. Mom motions me to sit on the stool next to Brendon as they continue their conversation.

“So Ally, Brendon plays music too. Isn’t that cool?!”

Of course, he’s handsome and he plays music. Great, just fucking great. I am NOT supposed to like him. Ican’tIcan’tIcan’t.

“Uh—“

“Piano and guitar, was it? How cool! Tell Brendon what you play.”

“I um,” I look down at the pizza in front of me. “I play violin, piano, and guitar.”

“Wow,” he says. “pretty cool.” He breaths out, god. Hearing his voice like that- I’m done. I swear I’m done.

“He is also going to be a junior this year.”

I know. “Oh, cool.”

A few seconds pass until:

“Wow Mrs. Johnson,” Brendon breaths, “you’re daughter is stunning.”

“Isn’t she? Gosh.”

“She sure takes after her mother, huh.” He looks at me with those big… brown eyes.

ALLY MARIE FUCKING JOHNSON SHUT UP OH MY GOD.

“Aw, please, she has her father’s eyes.”

They’re both studying my face.

Kill me. Take a gun and kill me.

“Mrs. Johnson would it be acceptable to take your daughter out on a date Saturday night?”

“That sounds fine, what do you think Ally.”

“I think I’m doing something already.”

“You… what?” My mom looks at me. I look at her back like ‘Get me out of this situation’. “Oh. Why don’t you go anyway? It’s fine.”

“I…” I bite my lip; Brendon pulls the sad eyes on me. Come on, really? “Sure.”

Brendon smiles, so does my mom.

“See you Saturday at seven then. I have to get back home, night Ally, Mrs. Johnson.”

He walks himself out of the house; I wait for the door to close until complaining to my mom.

“MOM really you couldn’t get me out of that?”

“He’s so nice!”

“No, he’s a creep!”

“How do you know?”

“I met a few people. One happened to save my ass from him.”

“Oops. But it’s rude to cancel, so you’re going.”

“Mom!”

“Go finish unpacking your room.”

I should cancel. I really don’t care about Brendon’s feelings and he sure wouldn’t care about mine.

Why does he have to be attractive? God, first world problems.

I put things away rather rushed, putting up posters of the Chicago skyline and pictures. I decide to pull out my phone and call Christina.

“Hello?”

“It’s me,”

“Ally, fuck, you called at a bad time.”

“I… okay? Call you back later?” I hear loud noises in the background; I assume she’s at a party.
I try to keep away the thoughts that it’s a “finally Ally’s gone” party.

“Yeah, it’s just I’m with my family and— I’ll call you later tonight.“ Oh.

“Alright yeah, bye.” I hang up and flip through CDs, deciding on which one is worth playing. I find my dad’s Beatles vinyl and put it in the record player.

I turn around to see Brendon and jump, who let him in? Mom, really?

I see Alex walking through the hallway, a huge grin on his face. “Your brother asked for me to come over and play video games. Want to come join us?”

“Mario- it’s your favorite!” Alex laughs, waving the game around in his hand.

He’s right. Mario is my favorite.

“It’s my favorite too.” Brendon says, smiling sheepishly.

“Okay.”

We all are around the room, me on the floor with Alex on the small sofa and Brendon on the big one.

“Fuck you!” Alex yells at his controller, him dying quickly.

“You’re horrible at this. Keep up!” I say, Brendon managing to do quite well even though I’m still better than him.

“Screw it. I’m getting ice cream.” Alex gets up, leaving just Brendon and me in the room.

Once we both die in the game, Brendon comes and sits next to me on the floor. “Hey.”

“Hi,”

“You really are good at this.” I roll my eyes as I restart the level. “I never seen a girl this beautiful play video games.” I roll my eyes again. “God, you roll your eyes a lot.” I roll them again. Then Brendon steals my controller and stops the game. “What is your problem?” His eyes narrow, a serious tone in his voice.

“Cut it with the compliments and let me play my game.” I snap, glaring back at him.

“You have really nice ey- sorry.”

“Okay,” I shrug trying to steal back the controller but he won’t let me. “Give it back!”

“Kiss me first.”

“No.”
I so would if he wasn’t acting like this.

“What if I say please?” He leans closer to me, our faces inches apart. I do the most vile thing I can think of.

I sneeze in his face.
That’ll do it.

Even though it wasn’t real I probably got some moisture on his face.

“Was that really necessary?” Brendon wipes his face with his sleeve as I go back up to my room.

“Nice one,” Alex says, patting me on the back as I go.

Being here is hell I can’t run home because I’m already there.

--

A/N WAS THAT FAST ENOUGH FOR YOU? Okay, I'll slowly work in characters as I go, so don't worry. I promise this story won't be your average high school romance because trust me I'm sure we read plenty. A heads up: straight fics aren't exactly my thing... ever. And for what you know Brendon is straight.

So it will be hard to update this considering I'm still working on Skinny Love which won't end for a while... so... brace yourselves.

I don't know if this one will even be continued but let's hope your reviews convince me otherwise.
Sign up to rate and review this story