Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloodlust chapter one

Bloodlust chapter one

by midnightlover 0 reviews

Elizabeth is the daughter of a great vampire slayer. Able seeks revenge upon Edward, Elizabeths father....

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-04 - Updated: 2012-07-05 - 1099 words

0Unrated
Long ago, a fight between vampires and vampire hunters broke out causing a war between both colonies. Thousands upon thousands of lives were taken in bloodshed as it continued for many years. For both sides it looked grim, as vampires murdered the humans, and the hunters have slain the vampires. There was no hope. Not until a young man watched his family being murdered by the beast. That day he swore on his families’ graves to avenge them. Edward trained until he was sent into battle to fight for the hunters. He soon became the leader of the hunters. He was fearless against the monsters. Smart and fast, showing no mercy, he slay the creatures of the night with his silver dipped sword bringing the hunters to victory against the vampire’s colony. The vampires that did survived escaped to the new lands away from the hunters, fearing for their lives.

Alice, Edward’s beautiful wife had become pregnant with his child. He did not wish for his child to grow up in a world with a horrible past. Edward and Alice took their unborn child to the new world to keep her safe, to hide from the dark past. Soon after arrival Alice gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl named Elizabeth. Her father called her Ellie for short. Ellie grew up into a smart, beautiful young lady with a marvellous imagination and a gentle heart. She was perfect in every way. The town folk adored her. The young women her age envied her, and the men wished to marry her. But Ellie didn’t wish for any of this. She never wanted to be perfect; instead she desired to be normal like everyone else.

“Elizabeth get down here! You better not be wasting your time reading those stupid fairy tale books again!” Mother yelled from down stairs startling me. I smiled sheepishly, quickly hiding my book in case she came up here.

“No, of course not Mother. I’m picking out a dress to wear!” I yelled back quickly grabbing my light blue dress I had received for my birthday last week.

“Elizabeth! What is taking you so long? Hurry up, we have company!” Mother yelled once again. I rolled my eyes. Mother was so impatient.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I ran out of my room, down the stairs, tripping over my feet on the last step in a hurry. I let out a shriek closing my eyes waiting for the impact of the ground. It didn’t come; instead somebody caught me before I hit the ground. I opened my eyes as I was steady back onto my feet.

“Careful now Ellie, you wouldn’t want to bruise up that pretty face of yours.” James smiled, letting his hand linger on my back. I mentally rolled my eyes trying to hide my disgust. James was a disgusting creep. He thinks he’s all that in a corn husk. James is the most annoying person I have ever met in my entire life, always sucking up to my father showing off trying to get me to adore him like every other girl in the village. He definitely made me sick.

“Thank you for catching me James. No, I wouldn’t now, would I? How clumsy of me I need to be more careful next time,” I whispered sarcastically. He smirked letting his hand fall as my father walked in the room.

“Ellie darling, take a seat.” My father motioned for me to sit down. I nodded my head, sitting on the rocking chair next to my mother. “Ellie, we have been thinking about your future. You’re not a child anymore, but a young woman ready to settle down. Get married and have children.” I sat in silence nervous. Where was my father going with this? “Ellie are you listening to me?” Father asked snapping me out of my thought. I nodded “James has asked for your hand in marriage. I have agreed to this. James will make a great husband for you.” I looked around the room in disbelief. Tears sprung to my eyes. Was this a joke?

“You’re fucking kidding me!” I cried catching my mother and father off guard with my use of language.

“Ellie that’s not the way to talk to your parents, nor will you ever use that language with me once were married.” James sternly said grabbing on to my arm. I pulled away from him, disgusted with the whole idea of marrying James.

“Don’t touch me James!” I growled.

“ELIZABETH! Don’t ever use that language with me ever again. James is right you will respect me and you will respect James whether you like it or not!” Father bellowed, slapping me across the face.

“Honey you should be happy you’re going to have someone to fall in love with.” My mother sighed. She looked so happy.

“I don’t want to be forced to fall in love! I want to find somebody on my own to fall in love with!” I cried holding on to my stinging cheek.

“This is not one of those stupid fairy tales you read Elizabeth! This is reality. You will do as I say,” Father growled looking me sternly in the eyes.

“No Father, this isn’t one of my fairy tales. Because in a fairy tale there’s always a happy ending. This is just cruel.” I sobbed, running to my room slamming my door shut. I grabbed my stupid fairy tale book and ran outside. Tears poured out of my eyes like a waterfall. I couldn’t believe. Why would my father and mother do this to me? I couldn’t marry James, I really didn’t love him. I kept on running as fast as I could until I reached the little creek that lay beyond the big oak tree. I collapsed on the ground and began to sob. A twig snapped, startling me. “Who’s there?” I stammered looking around finding nothing. I sighed; it must have been my imagination or one of my father’s men looking for me, to bring me back to my hell. I sighed again looking over into the pond at my reflection. I looked deeper into the pond squinting at the black mass in the water trying to make out what it was, until I realized it wasn’t in the water, but behind me. I whipped around frightened but was too late. I was struck in the head with something hard. Everything went black from there.
Sign up to rate and review this story