Categories > Original > Drama > The Life And Times... Chapter One

Chapter Six

by ThatSanderlla 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-07-06 - Updated: 2012-07-06 - 1687 words

1Funny
Chapter Six
The sound of frustrated groans and objects being moved around woke me up from my comfortable position on the couch. Something light and warm was beside me, a hand around my shoulder. If the sounds earlier didn’t make me jump to my feet, this certainly did. I slowly turned around and realised it was Louis, his body up against the couch. I instantly blushed, not wanting anyone to see this. My eyes scanned the room, everyone was still asleep. Niall and MC were sprawled on the floor, their backs to each other. The only thing connecting them was the blue blanket shielding them from the bitter cold. On the other couch, Maria and Harry were barely visible under the pillows, only Harry’s feet proving their existence. Liam was nowhere to be found, assuming he must have dozed off in the spare bedroom upstairs. I tiptoed around the living room, dodging bottles of coke and cushions making it seem like a war occurred last night. Once out the door I made my way towards the kitchen for my daily dose of coffee.
I pressed the keys on the microwave instructing it to heat the mug of milk for two minutes. Waiting for it to come out, I sat on the glazed counter. ‘Thump’ the sound of feet on the stairs made me jump up and run to the kitchen door to see who it was. Jess stood there in her pink and white Pj, her bun messy and falling from her sleep. Her face looked clearly worried.
“Morning Jess” I said .

Jess eyes darted to where I was standing. “Did you forget what today is because I certainly did? I forgot to plan my outfit last night” She exclaimed, frustrated.

“Yeah, today’s Monday” I said walking over to the beeping microwave. “Oh no! Today is your first day as a publisher at your new job!” I slammed the door shut as realisation finally slapped me in the face.

“How could I forget? I must have gotten carried away from last night and fell asleep before I organized my things” Jess was chewing on her lips while managing to set free her hair. I could tell by her face that the fact she doesn’t have an outfit planned is haunting her.

“Stop fretting, I’ll help you find something and we’ll have your things organized before its time for you to leave” A thin smile crept up on her face. “By the way, where’s Zayn?” I added. Before she can answer, Zayn came running down the stairs, jumping and completely missing the last two steps. In his hand was a black and red polka dot blouse. He held it up so Jess can see.

“Zayn was helping me find something to wear” Jess looked at me smiling.

“In that case, that’s a definite no-no to that” I said pointing at the piece of clothing in his hands. “Wake up the others and tell them its code red” I said to Zayn, taking hold of Jess hand and leading her up the stairs. The coffee will have to wait.

Her room was a mess. Clothes were strewn everywhere, drawers open and shoes were in places that don’t belong. Zayn must’ve really taken looking for an outfit very seriously.

“Ok, I’m going to head to the bathroom and get myself ready while you stay here and look for something decent to wear to my first day at a job”.

“Aye aye captain” I said mocking a salute.

Looking around I didn’t know where to begin. I sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for a sign from God. Maria suddenly appeared in the doorway, her face a mess, a clear indication of the effects of staying up late. She was followed by Harry and Niall, all yawning. MC appeared in the room, a sight to be seen! Her blonde hair was sticking up in all directions and it was hard to tell if her eyes were open or closed. Either way she looked like she belonged in a circus. Rubbing her eyes, she seemed awake enough to carry out instructions.
“Jess needs your help guys. She totally forgot that she has work today and she doesn’t have a clue as to what to wear and as you can see, her closet isn’t much of a help either so –“ I was cut mid-sentence when Zayn appeared in the doorway, behind him Louis being dragged on a blanket.

“Yeah, he’s not a morning person” Zayn offered an explanation for what was before us. I tried to contain my laughter but ended up letting it all out. Apparently it was loud enough to jolt Louis up.

“What? Is the Sandman after us?” Louis looked lost and his clothes all crumpled.

“What dude?” Harry followed. “Ah, nothing, so are we having a tea party in a bedroom or what?” Yep, the Louis I know was back to his normal self. I opened my mouth to speak but didn’t get the chance. Jess was running out of the bathroom, sporting a white robe.

“I had an epiphany”! She screamed. I guess after all God did give me a sign, but it was directed to her. “I figured out what I’m going to wear, it came to me as I was applying my eyeliner”

“Ok, someone look for my turquoise silk shirt with the bow on it”
“What’s that supposed to be?” Liam asked in surprise.

“It’s a sort of blue colour” Jess replied back, matter-of-fact tone. That was the Jess I know and love.

“I’m also going to need my black pencil skirt. I think I saw it in that pile over there” Jess pointed t o the mountain of clothes in the middle of the room.
We all looked at each other, realizing it has become some sort of mission.

“Ok, up you get guys, if we are successful breakfasts my shout” I said. With the promise of breakfast Niall and Mc were already on their feet, rummaging through the pile Jess pointed to earlier.

“Me and Harry will look for that shirt the colour I cannot pronounce” Maria offered.
Zayn and Jess were looking through the big shoebox under her bed. Liam just sat there not bothering with anything. I went other to her hanged clothes and began looking for a blazer she could wear. Louis followed me.

“The Sound of Music was great last night. The best part was when you fell asleep on my shoulder” Louis looked at me, his blue eyes piercing me.

“I did not” I shot back, shocked at the prospect that I’ve might have embarrassed myself.
Louis didn’t answer but instead opened draws. I continued looking.

“Hey, how about this?” we all turned around and found Louis holding one of Jess frilly bras. “Don’t you need support?” Louis said that in all seriousness. I looked at Jess and saw her blushing. Zayn looked impressed. I gave everyone a half smile and snatched it from him, closing the drawer.

The awkward moment was broken when Maria said she found the shirt. She handed it over to Jess to hold. A few minutes passed and Niall managed to find the skirt, although insisting it looked nothing like a pencil.

“I’ve got the shoes ready” Zayn said holding up a pair of black simple heels. Pulling out the first thing I see, I handed Jess a blazer.

“Thanks guys, I’m going to get dressed. I’ll have to leave in 20 minutes” Jess said looking up at the clock.

“Mission accomplished guys” I said eyeing Louis to see if he pulled out anything else. He just stood there looking innocent and annoyingly cute. I couldn’t help but smile, quickly turning away when he caught me looking at him.

“Now we feast” Niall broke the silence. We began to file out and down the stairs, Zayn waiting for Jess to finish.

It turned out when I said breakfast; it meant eating the left over junk from last night. Munching away on a chip, Jess walked down the stairs holding hands with Zayn. We stood up acknowledging her.

“How do I look guys?” The outfit looked great on her.

“You look like you’re going to work” Louis said. The guys laughed at that as I rolled my eyes.
“We, I’m heading off and Zayn walking me out. If you need anything call Lulu"

“Will do” I replied.

“It looks like we did a good job as parents raising our daughter. And before we know it, she’s already dressed for work” Louis said placing his hands round my hips. Apparently he decided that I and he were the parents.

“And now for the big finale...” I don’t know what he was playing at. With a sudden swift, Louis bent down and placed a kiss on my lips. I heard a few claps and cheers from behind as I suddenly pulled away.

“What?!” I exclaimed, confused.

“Cant a man kiss his wife these days?” Louis said with a smirk.
I opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind when Jess spoke. “Bye mummy” and kissed me on the cheek. I glared at her for playing along. She just shrugged.

Giving her final goodbye, she and Zayn walked out hand in hand.

“Ok, let’s go kids nothing to see here, me and your mother will give you each a penny if you help clean the living room” Louis just doesn’t know where to stop. We all retreated to the living room to clean up the mess. Giving him a taste of his own medicine, I retorted.

“Honey, last week was mother’s day and you didn’t get me anything, so as my gift I’m going to sit down while you clean”, putting my feet up on the coffee table. “Oh, and once your finished, make me a coffee” Louis just stood there shaking his head while smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story