Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Not So Irrational

Hera's News Part One

by princessofoyownworld 7 reviews

Hera call's the titan's to her study. But the news she has for them angers the titans, particualry Archie and Theresa. Within this meeting Archie also finds that he has something in common with Neil.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-09 - 2688 words

2Illiterate
Ok in my opinion all of the characters are OOC at some point in this chapter. But keep in mind that they all just lost their friend/best friend/one true love/teammate. And there is other shit happening to them as well before scolding me because they are OOC. Please try and enjoy.

I DO NOT OWN CLASS OF THE TITANS!!!

***

Archie found himself running threw the park barefoot. Rocks scratched the bottom of his brace and cut his bare foot. His brain failed to register any of the pain; even with the small trail of blood his bare foot was leaving.

All he could think about was Theresa and Jay curled up on the couch. He realized that Atlanta would never know how he felt. The bottom of his bare foot was bleeding rather badly when he reached the pond in the middle of the park.

Archie had to stop when he reached the pond. He bent over, trying to catch his breath. He hurt everywhere, from running without stretching and all the tears he had cried in the day. He looked at his feet and saw the puddle of dark blood forming under his bare foot.

He groaned at the sight, he would have to get it looked at. He tore part of his white tee shirt off and wrapped it around his foot and began to walk towards the school.

With his first few steps he found himself wincing in the pain, and noticing the small trail of blood that had been coming from his foot. The blood was slowly soaking the white make shift bandage.

He slowly walked back towards the house, each step causing him to wince. Tears fell from his eyes, not caring that everyone was starring at him. They did not know that one of the most amazing people had died that day.

The sun seemed to be taunting him. It danced merrily in the trees, reflecting off the new emerald green leaves. To the other people in the park it would have been a perfect midsummer's night, warm but with a light breeze.

**

Archie entered the brownstone dorm house. It was eerily quiet, like no one was home. Archie hopped past the living room, no one was there, he did not stop he had to hop as not to get blood on the dark mahogany hardwood.

He found himself stopping at Theresa's bedroom, still expecting to see Atlanta on her bed doing homework or looking at new hiking trails. He saw Theresa curled up in Jay's arms in the corner, both of them looked like they had been crying. Archie scowled at the new couple, but kept walking. He limped past Odie's room on the way to the bathroom and saw his small African American friend was just lying on his messy bed, hands behind his head. Odie to looked like he had just finished crying.

Archie saw that Neil was sitting at his desk listening to an MP3. The blued eyed blonde haired model seemed not to be all there. His hair was a mess and he paid no attention to the fact that the small amount of cover up that he always wore was running down his face due to tears. So far no one had noticed Archie or the fact that he was bleeding.

Archie opened the door to the bathroom it clicked softly. He found that the lights were still on, Jay and Athena would not be happy about that. He set his injured foot up on the toilet seat as not to bleed on the light blue tile. More tears fell from his face when he noticed that Atlanta's pale green tee shirt was lying on the floor and the sky blue shower curtain was still wet from her shower that morning. 'Jay chased her out of the house, and Neil had used up all of the hot water.' He remembered.

He carefully opened up the medicine cabinet to find the bandages and hopefully some antiseptic cream. He found the bandages that he was looking for and started to unwrap them when he noticed how dirty his foot really was. He groaned in annoyance and pushed the sky blue shower curtain back. Slowly he turned the hot water on, and then the cold, like always until the water was at a perfect temperature. He was happy to find that the hot water heater had been busy while they had been out on that awful sailing trip.

He pushed the white bathtubs silver plug in and carefully set his injured foot in. Archie winced as the warm water met his injured foot. Dirt and blood soon dyed the water a murky brown.

He grabbed the pale white bar of soap, noticing the small bottle of hand soap that Atlanta always used. More tears started to fall from his eyes; she and she alone used that soap, apparently she was allergic to the expensive bar stuff that Neil made the rest of them use. Archie lifted the small bottle to his nose; yep it was defiantly her sent.


He grabbed a washcloth, it was still damp from Atlanta's shower, and he pumped a small amount on to the washcloth. Carefully he wet the cloth and worked the soap into a white lather.

He brought the washcloth down to his injured foot and began to slowly and lightly wash away the salt, rocks and dirt. He knew that once it was clean and bandaged that he would have to go and get Chiron to check it over. The hot water and soap stung as it touched his badly scraped foot.

'You idiot!' A voice in his head scolded, it sounded so much like Atlanta to Archie; he had to smile as more tears fell from his eyes when he remembered that she was dead. Slowly Archie scrubbed the dirt, salt and rocks off of his foot. He scrubbed harder with each passing minute, like he was trying to scrub away his pain as well.

*

Sunlight flooded into the titan's living room, bathing the inhabitants. There was not a cloud in sight; it was a perfect day to be outside, not to hot not to cold. The titans were still in the pajamas despite the fact that it was past high noon.

Neil yawned and ran a hand threw his messy hair. Herry groaned as he caught a whiff of Neil's horrible dog breath. The two were facing each other, each on leaning on opposite sides of the kitchen island looking into the living room. Herry half heartedly filled a bowl of cereal and mechanically began to eat it, out of habit Neil began to check his reflection on a spoon. From the spoon Neil was able to see his pale blue pajamas and Herry's forest green pajamas.

Theresa and Jay were curled up on the couch, holding hands. Theresa's long red hair was tied back with a black hair tie and her regular pale pink knee length nightgown had been replaced by a black floor length nightgown. Jay was wearing a pair of blue plaid pajama pants and the elastic of his white boxers could be seen poking out from his pajama bottoms- he had not bothered to put a top on.

It was all that Archie could do not to look at Theresa and Jay. Some where in the back of his sub conscious he knew that they were not together to annoy or anger him but that message had not been received by the rest of his brain. Every time he saw them he wanted to hurt them as bad as seeing them hurt him. He began to undress his injured foot, resting it on the footstool in front of him; clean bandages were on the coffee table near him, along with antiseptic cream. Odie was leaning up against the coffee table in his bunny slippers and brown pajamas. When he saw Archie redressing his foot he could not help but take over and do it for him, Archie had not managed to do it right yet.

"Children Mrs. Hera wants to talk with you." Athena said calmly as she entered the living room. "And get dressed first would you!" The goddess scolded when she saw the six young heroes still in there pajamas. The titans reluctantly got up and went to get dressed.

*

"Welcome children." Hera said calmly as the titans entered her study. The queen of the gods and goddesses was gently stroking a peacock. She motioned for the titans to sit on the two couches in her study.

The titans sat down three to a couch. Archie tried to sit beside Jay and Theresa so he would not have to watch the new couple, but was shocked to see Neil rudely sit between them. Sure Neil could be rude but not that rude, maybe the new couple was bothering both of them. A voice in Archie's head laughed he never thought that he would have something in common with Neil, other than the fact that they were you know saving the world.


Hera walked over so she was in front of the titans, her green and blue belt and necklace were now black and her gray hair was held back with a black hair tie. The titans looked at the goddess when she stopped walking, she need not to make a noise her commanding presence was enough. She fiddled with her bright white dress for a moment before specking, like she was nervous of something.

Jay was the only one to notice this, he knew the goddess best after all she was his mentor. He chose not to say anything and let the goddess speck. But he did look around at his teammates and friends in case on of them knew something that he did not, all of them were almost as confused as him, they knew nothing.

"Children, as you know Atlanta is dead." Hera said calmly. Archie and Theresa tensed up. Thoughts like 'how dare she speck of Atlanta's death that calmly' and 'thank-you ever so much for rubbing that in' ran threw their heads. Hera did not make eye contact with the titans as she spoke.

"You all also know the prophecy. So I ask you to put your own feelings aside as I tell you this. What I am about to tell you is not meant to make any offence to Atlanta's memory." Hera continued, she paused to let the titans to soak in what she had said. She looked across the titans faces within this pause and noticed that Archie was tensed she could feel the anger building up in him. Theresa was much the same but Hera knew that Theresa would be better at controlling her temper.

Hera knew that all of the titans would have a hard time accepting what she was going to say. This information in mind she continued. "Keep the prophecy in mind as I tell you what I am about to tell you. Chil-"

"What prophecy?" Herry asked cutting off Hera, Hera glared at him. She was more annoyed the he had broken her concentration than the fact that he had caught her off. "Sorry, what prophecy Mrs. Hera?" Herry asked again raising his hand this time. The other titans groaned.

"The prophecy that says that seven heroic teenagers will stop Cronos Herry." Hera said calmly.

"Oh, that one." Herry said, mildly embarrassed.

"No duh Herry." Neil said sarcastically.

"Children." Hera said sharply, stopping the fight that she knew was going to break out between Herry and Neil soon.

"Sorry Mrs. Hera." Herry and Neil apologized in unison, hanging their heads in a mixture of respect and mild shame.

"Children, I want you to meet Allie." Hera said calmly as she gestured to the door to her study.

"If she is replacing Atlanta." Archie said threateningly.

"Archie please remain clam. The prophecy said seven heroic teenagers would stop Cronos and save the world. Without Atlanta you are only six." Hera said, fighting to retain her calm composer.

"Screw the damn prophecy!" Archie said furiously, rage was flooding his body, taking the place of the constant sadness since the shark had killed Atlanta. The door to Hera's study clicked open and a thin girl with waist length platinum blonde hair came threw. She was wearing a pair of bright white capris and a pink baby tee that stood out on her lightly tanned skin. Looking into the girls bright baby blue eyes Theresa could tell that she was hurt by Archie's words.

But for the first time in her life Theresa did not feel sorry for the girl. In Theresa's opinion the gods and goddesses had no right replacing Atlanta. Like Archie, Theresa felt rage flood her body and replace the sorrow that had made its home in her body. Theresa looked around and into her teammates eyes, Archie, Odie, Herry, Neil, Jay they were all angered.

"Allie is a descendant of Atalanta like Atlanta was." Hera continued, the room felt so tense that you could have cut it with a knife.

"You can't replace Atlanta!" Archie shouted.

"Archie please remember the prophecy."

"Once again screw the damn prophecy!" Archie shouted at the top of his lungs, at this point the descendant of Achilles was standing.

"Archie control yourself!" Hera commanded as Archie took a few threatening steps towards her. Allie began to leave the room. "Allie stay!" Hera continued, her calm composer gone. Reluctantly Archie sat back down on the couch.

Archie turned to his teammates for help and support. He made eye contact with each of them, Theresa, Neil, Jay, Odie, and Herry. In Theresa's eyes he found the support he needed. Neil's blue eyes showed shock, but Archie knew that he would follow Theresa's lead. He looked into Jay's deep eyes for a long moment and found that the leader was unsure but leaning towards staying. Odie's eyes told him that he would stay. Herry's brown eyes told him that the descendant of Hercules would do what ever the majority of the group did.

"Allie is amazingly fast and an exceptional hunter. Though she is not as good or as fast as Atlanta." Hera said looking Archie in the eyes as if she was staring him down. Hera's back was to Allie and the door so she failed to notice. The titans noticed.

Jay opened his mouth to say something but Theresa was quick to reach across Neil's medium built body to put her hand over his mouth. Archie smiled at her before beginning to shout again. "There you have it she is not as good as Atlanta she's out!"

"I'm with Archie. Allie is not replacing Atlanta!" Theresa said angrily, the peacock on Hera's desk crept out the open door. The flower vase was levitating slightly off the desk from her excess anger.

"Children you need her to defeat Cronos!" Hera said angrily. "I know that she will never be Atlanta but I need you to accept her, for the good of the world."

"You replace Atlanta you might as well replace me!" Archie shouted as he stood up. "They way you spin it there much be a never ending supply of descendants of ancient Greek heroes. " He continued, still shouting at the top of his lungs, as he began to walk towards the door out of Hera's study.

**

Please rate and review! Bob, the clear gummy bear from my gummy bear army has a few words that he would like to say.

"First off don't laugh at princessofoyownworld for having a gummy bear army. She was very bored when the little dog that gave her the inspiration for Capi had to get home so she made us up.

Secondly, there are a few questions that need answering.

1) Will they accept Allie?
2) Will Archie actually leave?
3) What about Atlanta? (Because like princessofoyownworld said she will be heard from again!)

Thank you for listening to me! And if you want to know more about our army check out princessofoyownworld's bio. And what do you guys think, will Archie leave?"
Sign up to rate and review this story