Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Lethal Force

EPILOGUE

by anonymowriter 3 reviews

They deal with the paralysis.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-07-17 - Updated: 2012-07-17 - 706 words - Complete

0Unrated
Epilogue

Brendon’s POV

I thought being discharged would be the worst thing that had ever happened to me. The military had become my life. And now I could never go back. I didn’t know if I’d ever see Ryan again. He was still in the military. He wasn’t hurt enough to leave and the general wouldn’t let him just leave for no reason. So I was stuck at home with my parents who hated me and my sisters who forgot I even existed.

When Ryan came to the door at my house, I can’t express how happy I was. We moved in together and things were okay. My parents went back to blissfully forgetting I existed, which was the way it should be.

The doctor had told me that physical therapy might help me regain some movement, but as it was, it was hard for me to move my face, so I was thinking of passing on that. Maybe in time, I could do the therapy. Ryan wanted me to, he kept asking me if I’d do it, but I kept making excuses. As time wore on, Ryan found a job and started going to work.

He’d come home and feed me. It became a routine. However, I saw that Ryan was getting tired. He was starting to feel used. There wasn’t much I could do. I was an invalid. I couldn’t move. So he finally didn’t come home after work one day. I moved over to the landline and spoke, ‘Call Ryan’ and the line started to ring. After a few rings, Ryan picked up, “I’m not coming home. Not right now.”

“Why?” I asked, scared of his tone of voice. He wasn’t happy. He sounded upset.

“I can’t do it anymore. I can’t go to work, come home, take care of you, tuck you into bed, and then go to bed. I can’t wake up in the morning, take care of you, go to work, and do the whole thing over again. I can’t. I… Brendon, it’s driving me crazy. I don’t have any time to myself. And I know that’s selfish, but I just…” I could hear that he was crying, “I can’t do it…”

“I’ll hire a nurse…” I suggested, “I’ll do whatever needs to be done for you to feel better.”

“No… I can’t make you do that… I can’t. I just… I’ll call Greta and she’ll come over and… and she’ll take care of you until I come home. I just… can’t come home tonight… I’m sorry,” he hung up. I felt my heart sink. Was that what it was going to be like for the rest of our lives? He had grown tired of me…

Soon enough, Greta knocked and walked in. She moved over to me, “So he told me I need to feed you, bathe you, and get you into bed…” she smiled. But I couldn’t smile back. I could barely breathe. I was going to lose Ryan. She walked into the kitchen and I just watched, “What did you want to eat?”

“Nothing…”

She came back over and looked at me, “Brendon… Ryan was in tears when he called me… He told me that he loved you more than he could say, but he couldn’t do it anymore… He said that he needs you to be able to take care of yourself, at least somewhat. And he kept saying that he felt greedy and selfish for wanting that… Because you obviously couldn’t… And you can’t. Just promise me something, Brendon…”

“What?”

“Promise me you’ll at least start physical therapy…”

I was silent for a long time. If it meant it could help Ryan, then I would, but in reality… I didn’t know if I wanted to…

---

A/N: So I made the epilogue so that it leads into a sequel for those of you that wanted a sequel! Haha. Three reviews and I'll start the sequel. :P

"SEQUEL: PHYSICAL THERAPY, MUSIC, AND A SWITCH":http://www.ficwad.com/story/197045
Sign up to rate and review this story