Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Torturous Things

2. Brendon

by TorturousAuthors 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-07-18 - Updated: 2012-07-19 - 479 words

1Original
BRENDON:

As I left my home on the last day of school, I could feel the tense silence. I knew what it meant; my parents were fighting again. It wasn’t much of a surprise - it was fairly common in my household. I was just so tired of it! My mother and father were so cold towards each other; I didn’t like the quiet their arguments created.

As I got in my car, a thought struck me: I could leave. I could leave everything behind and never come back. I’d take Ryan with me and we’d disappear forever. But then where would that leave me? A homeless, penniless person with barely a high school education.

I drove along the familiar roads to Ryan’s house. It was our last day of high school, we had our whole lives ahead of us, but that scared me. I mean what were we supposed to do after that? Neither of us had applied to college.

I pulled into Ryan’s driveway and honked the horn. It took a while before he finally exited his house. He quickly got in the car and I pulled out of the driveway. We drove in silence for a few minutes, me getting lost in my thoughts. Thoughts of high school and what we were leaving behind. We weren’t children anymore and the thought was scary. All I wanted to do was just leave. Leave everything behind and forget about life and growing up for a moment. For once just live my life, the way I wanted to.

“Hey Ry?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you ever just want to leave?” He chuckled at that.

“Who doesn’t?” We sat for a moment, digesting the conversation. “Why don’t we?”

“What?” I asked confused. Us? Leave? I wanted to but at the same time where would we go? What would we do? For now leaving was just a wish, a dream that was just out of reach.

“Leave. We could just go somewhere. I don’t know where, just anywhere.” Ryan was getting excited. “Maybe just for the summer? Like a road trip or something?” I could see the wheels in his head turning.

I had to admit, it wasn’t such a bad idea. It would give us the perfect amount of time to just get away and we could always come back. It wasn’t as final as moving out was. Besides, we needed something for that summer. Maybe a road trip was just the thing.

So yes, yes, I'm posting a day early. I won't be able to get on tomorrow though because my parents kind of suck. Whatevs. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and will stay tuned for bloodbunny15's chapter next Thursday! Please rate and review, I'm sure we all would enjoy it! Stay lovely everyone!
~~Kaleidoscope_Eyes
Sign up to rate and review this story