Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Not So Adaptable

No More Sharing

by wayuphighify 1 review

Ryan's getting really tired of all the bullshit.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-07-19 - Updated: 2012-07-20 - 2376 words

0Unrated
(Ally’s POV)

I managed to get back into the swing of things over the past two days, picking things up for my mom, going out in public with Anna and Gabe a bit.

One thing I have realized about those two: you’d swear they were a couple until you figure out that Gabe is gay.

The entire day yesterday they dragged me around town to the movies, the mall, and other stores just to keep me thinking. Revealing the news to them was however inevitable.

Ever since I heard dad died I have felt… disconnected. My mind isn’t working like the way it did a few days ago. I feel off overall and I kind of want to hit my head against the wall because of it.

I don’t know what to do myself since they’ve left me alone figuring I’d just go for a walk around the block as I call Christina.

“Cello?” She chimes brightly.

“Hey it’s me,”

“Als! How have you been? I heared… I’m so.. fucking jesus christ.”

“That’s revolting.”

“NO, Ally, just NO. Inappropriate. Come home.”

“How have things been in Chicago?”

“Been better. Kind of bored with nothing to do nowadays. Come home.” She repeats.

After explaining and chatting to her about the new people I’ve met and their life stories she had to go, leaving me along in my thoughts.

I hear something around the corner; singing and a guitar, me immediately being curious to go check it out.

A girl is sitting on a bench sitting with a dark haired boy playing an acoustic guitar, both of them finishing the song and looking at me as I stare at them.

“You guys are really good,” I say, showing a half smile.

“Thanks,” the girl smiles, “I never have seen you around before. I mean, not since two days ago because I saw you at the market and you looked sad for some reason and I felt kind of bad. You look better now so—“

“Yeah, um. I’m Ally, I just moved here from Chicago.”

“Hey Ally, I’m Caitlin Wilder and this is my partner in crime, Jon Walker.” Jon smiles and reaches his hand out.

“Be aware of this one, she can talk a lot,” Jon says half-jokingly.

“Are you going to our high school next year? I mean I saw you talking to Ryan Ross that day at the market so I figured maybe you were because you seem the same age.” Jon scoffs as Caitlin nudges him in the arm.

“Yeah I am. I’m going to be a Junior.”

“Sweet! Me too.”

“I’m going to be a freshman.” Jon says, I look at him shocked. “In college.”

“Oh, I was worried for a second there. Most eighth graders can’t grow a beard.”

“Yeah, well.” I stare at Jon’s guitar. It looks rather new, no scratches as he occasionally plucks the strings as he talks about how much high school was great and blah-blah-blah.

I’m kind of bummed Jon isn’t in high school, I have realized. He is an extremely friendly guy, the type that you actually should listen to because his stories are actually quite interesting.

“You’re eye fucking my guitar.” Jon states simply, looking right at me as I blush. Instruments always distract me.

“Sorry, it’s very nice. I love Martins.”

“You play?”

“Yeah,”

“I would let you play it but this thing is my baby, so… I want to hear you sometime though.”

“Me too!” Caitlin chimes.

“Sure thing.”

We eventually exchange numbers as I head back to my house, feeling glad I actually left it.

My brother hasn’t been doing anything. He stays in his room now, not watching TV, playing music, or video games. He just sits in a bean bag chair with a blanket over him, huddled up all to himself. He will only come out about once a day for a meal which worries me.

My mom, however, is leaving for work in a few hours for a week. She’s happy to leave, I’m sure.

--

(Brendon’s POV)

I finish washing my car, with it being quite clean but me being covered in water.

I’m just really fucking bad with hoses.

I notice Ally walking towards her house, “Hey Ally!” I practically yell.

I see her lips move, assuming she is saying “hey” but mumbling.

Well, alright. Still sad.

I run over to her house all too enthusiastically as she looks at me curiously.

“ALLLAAAAAAYYY,” I smile, standing next to her as she sits on the bench on her porch.

“Hey,” A straight look remains on her face, unlike the either smiling or pissed expression that usually is there.

“Where did you go?”

“On a walk,” No change.

“That’s fun. We could’ve walked together, you know.”

“Oh,” Nothing.

“Ally?” I try to get her to look at me but she just continues looking forward at nothing in particular. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,”

“Want to go get some ice cream? Ice cream makes people happy.” Why not? I have a clean car. “I’ll pay.”

“You don’t have to pay, Brendon.” That’s the first real sentence I’ve heard her say all day.

“I insist, really. Let’s go, want to bring your brother?”

“My brother won’t speak. Or do anything. He won’t talk to me or my mom.”

“That’s horrible.”

Ally just keeps staring at nothing, a single tear running down her cheek but she whips it away quickly. “It’s kind of like he’s dead too, you know.”

“I don’t, actually. Want me to try to talk to him?”

“You can try.”

“Is he in his room?”

“Yeah, most likely.”

I get up from the bench to stare at her, her hazel eyes gazing at nothing as her light blonde hair covers half of her
face.

“Okay, I’ll be down in a bit then we’ll go for ice cream.”

“’Kay.”

I make my way through the house, feeling awkward as I knock on Alex’s door.

“Alex, you in?”

I don’t hear anything, I slowly open the door to see the guy in front of me, rolled under a comforter in a bean bag chair. He looks up at me, staring.

“How about you, Ally, and I go for some ice cream on me? I mean, there is some cute girls that work there… just saying.”

Alex just continues staring at me; I’m a bit creeped out.

“I mean, you could use some vitamin D, you know? And your tan looks like its fading dude; you don’t want to be as pale as me. Huge turn-off if you’re that blonde.

He looks slightly more concerned.

“And I mean come on you don’t want to be that weird kid with no friends other than me the whole summer. If you haven’t heard, I suck.”

“Help me up,” Alex says roughly, his voice quite weak as I grab his arm to help him get up. “Ouch,”

“Yeah, well.”

“Thanks man.”

“No problemo. Let’s go.”

He stretches a bit before following me to we get out of the house as Ally looks at us curiously. She stands up and leans into me as we head to my car, “How?” She whispers.

“I told him he would turn ugly if he stayed up there,” Ally smiles. Like, an actual smile. I’m a bit shocked as I end up smiling back.

“Stop talking about me,” Alex pouts, climbing into the back seat.

I see someone walking behind the car.

FUCK, it’s Ryan.

And I completely forgot. I’m such a shitty boyfriend.

“Ryan, hey.” I say, swallowing hard.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” He asks, motioning with his head to elsewhere.

“Yeah, sure. Guys one second,” I climb out of the car as Ryan pulls me to the side.

“I’m so sorry Ry,”

“You forgot.” His eyes are narrow as he stares at me.

“I said I’m sorry!”

“You’re treating me like you treat the girls,” He bites.

Shit. I'm totally going to get bitched at for this later, too.

“Well, okay, I was just taking them for ice cream. Want to come?”

“I don’t know.”

“Please?” I practically beg.

“I don’t know if it’s a good idea, Brendon.” He shakes his head at me, clearly annoyed. “But yes.”

I smile as he climbs in the passenger seat of the car, Ally and Alex in the back.

“You guys are friends?” Ally asks curiously.

“Uh yeah,” I say, pulling out of the driveway and heading to the ice cream store.

“Cool,” she says simply. I like how she doesn’t require an explanation like some kids at school.

“Who’s this?” Ryan questions Ally, looking at Alex.

“My brother, Alex.”

“Hey, Alex.” Ryan says friendlily.

“Hi.”

“You guys are twins, huh? I should have assumed.”

“Alex is prettier than me.” I hear her say, not paying attention to them as I focus on driving.

--

We all sit at the table of the ice cream place, waiting for someone to bring our ice cream to us. This place is quite gourmet but I figured why the hell not.

“So… you guys excited for school?”

Alex shakes his head, “Not really, any cute girls?”

“Plenty,” Ryan nods as I glance over at him but redirect my eyes elsewhere. Ryan smirks, the corners of his mouth turning up as he lets out a breath of air.

“Any cute guys?” Ally smiles.

“We’re as good as it gets,” I say smugly.

“You’re an asshole.” Ryan laughs. “But he’s right.”

A girl approaches us with four cups of ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato/whatever, her smile bright with her black hair straight and I see Alex smile instantly. Sure, she’s attractive, and her style is pretty nice with a cute pink t-shirt with a panda on it, and what I think to be one-thousand dollar jeans.

Wow is the only word, really. She’s the kind of girl I’d go after.

“Hey there,” She says with what I think to be an Australian accent. “Who wanted the mint?”

Ally nudges her brother’s shoulder. “Oh, um, me.”

“And the vanilla?” Both Ally and Ryan get theirs, I got mine last.

“Thank you,” we all say, Alex speaking extra loudly.

“No problem,” she smiles brightly, looking right to Alex as she turns away.

“Holymotherfuckingshit,” Alex covers his face with his hands.

“She’s hot, huh.” Ryan shrugs, digging into his ice cream.

“God, yeah.”

“Ask her out,” Ally practically demands.

“Think I can?”

“You never had problems asking a girl out before,”

“This is true,” He hums, getting up from the seats and making his way over to her.

“So Ally, what was life like in Chicago?” I ask.

“Fine. I mean, Alex and I are usually on our own because mom and dad were always around the country or overseas.”

“That’s really rough. I mean… what about holidays?” Ryan questions.

“We haven’t celebrated Christmas together for the last four years, it does kind of suck. Alex and I are good together though.”

“You guys are like… best friends, too, no?”

Ally grins and looks down to her ice cream, “Yeah,”

“I wish I had siblings,” Ryan sighs.

I nudge him, leaning into him, “Shut up, you have me. And Spencer… and Jon.” I say, listing our closest friends.

“I know, I know.” Ryan admits in his full voice, “I just… maybe the bullshit would have been more tolerable.”

I put my hand on Ryan’s knee and squeeze it reassuringly, hoping Ally doesn’t notice.

Ryan doesn’t really talk much anymore while we’re there, Alex ending up getting the girl’s phone number and planning to go on a date.

The drive home is however a bit awkward.

“Ryan, are you okay?” I continue to look at his fallen face.

“Yeah,”

"He’s just tired, after he eats sweets I guess sugar works opposite for him.” I cut in.

“Oh, thanks a lot for the ice cream, Brendon.” Ally says as we climb out of the car.

“No problem.”

“Yeah, I could’ve just met my dream girl!” Alex beams, Ally rolling her eyes.

They go into their house, leaving Ryan and I alone.

“Get in my house right now so I can kiss you.” I look at him seriously as we walk into the empty house, both of my parents working.

“Wait,” Ryan keeps me from kissing him. “Please don’t make us end up like your- I really don’t want to be fucked with.”

I press my lips together. “You aren’t those girls, you’re Ryan.” I smile, leaning in to brush my lips against his softly and carefully.

Ryan pulls me into a hug, stroking the short hairs on the back of my head making me smile against his shoulder.

“I think,” Ryan says, still holding me. “I think Ally is slowly starting to like you.”

I pull back. “I’m just being friendly and—“

“Exactly,” he cuts in.

“I mean I haven’t been coming on to her even since her dad—“

“That’s the problem! She didn’t like you when you were coming onto her!” His hands drop from my sides. He sighs, annoyed.

“What the fuck?” I ask, confused until it slowly comes together, “Oh.”

“Of course though, you came on to her without even telling me. Do you actually like her?”

“As a friend,” I reach for his hands, stroking them with my thumb.

“You sure?” He tilts his head closer to me, I bite my lip. “Course you’re not.”

“Well, listen—“

“I really don’t want to keep sharing you anymore.” He pushes away from me and slams the door as he walks out.


--

A/N Sorry for the crappy chapter and the long wait, but honestly this fic isn't really the funnest to write. I'm glad I got those characters in though! And Jon, I love writing him.

R&R please?
Sign up to rate and review this story