Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

As Life Leaves Your Eyes...

by BleedingValentine 6 reviews

The struggle is too great. Maybe it would be easier to give in... will it be too late?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-27 - Updated: 2012-07-27 - 1700 words - Complete

5Moving
Now, before anything happens - get your tissues. I'm not joking. You guys are going to need them, and you will completely and utterly hate me for this. I'm sorry. But anyway, read it. Read it and weep. Thank you. And please don't kill me.

IT'S NOT OVER. GUYS, I'M NOT THAT CRUEL. You'll understand in a moment, but I'M NOT A CRUEL AS YOU THINK. WAIT TILL THE LAST CHAPTER. IT'S OKAY!

Chapter 15; As Life Leaves Your Eyes...

“Wake up, for fuck’s sake!”

“Whoa!” Gerard’s eyes snapped open and he instantly fell on his face, almost crashing into Frank in the process.

“Finally. Get up, Geetard, we’ve got a big day ahead of us!” said Frank after escaping from Gerard’s involuntary attack

“Ugh, I’ve spend like, two hours asleep on a fucking stone floor, you expect me to just wake up?” groaned Gerard, scrambling to his feet.

“Yes. Come on, lazy bones,” said Frank, wrapping his arm around his older friend’s torso and helping him up.

“Oh, you got him up?” came a sad voice. Tay was standing there, holding a bucket of water in her hands. “I was hoping to wake you up using this,” she said. Gerard raised his eyebrows.

“I would have happily murdered you if you had done.”

“I know. That would be a pity,” said Tay. Gerard rolled his eyes at the tall girl, who smirked back at him, and Frank mimed vomiting onto his own shoes.

“Come on, let’s get going,” said Gerard.

“I hope... what’s that?” asked Frank, not moving from his spot to listen out for something.

“What’s what?”

“Listen,” said Frank. The rest of the people heeded him, and listened. There was a quiet rumbling sound, coming from deep within the cavern ahead of them.

“What is it?” asked Dana.

“The volcano’s going to erupt!” said Tay, her eyes widening.

“Don’t be silly... oh shit,” said Linnea. “Guys, we have to hurry!” she said, before bolting off quickly down the tunnel. Gerard and Frank looked incredulously at each other, before following her at top speed.

“Slow down!” shouted Dana. Linnea didn’t listen.

“What’s happening?” asked Frank. “Whoa!” Linnea had stopped, causing Frank, Gerard, Tay and Dana to crash into each other like dominoes.

“Gerard,” said Linnea, turning away, suddenly panicked. Gerard was surprised.

“Yes?”

“It’s Mikey.”
____________________

Much further down the tunnel, Jasmine was standing up, leaning against the wall and panting, having run away from where she’d been sleeping with the rest of her companions.

It’s okay, honey. You’ve done nothing wrong...

You don’t need to run. Just calm down, then we’ll go back, yeah?

They don’t need to live, Jasmine. We need our sacrifice. you’re just being a good girl, helping us to get it. We’ll reward you...

“Please stop,” she whimpered, trying to battle all the whispers and commands floating around inside her head.

Oh, are we being too noisy?

“Yes, you are. Please stop, it hurts...”

Okay, honey. Quieten down guys, it hurts her... will you do what we say, Jasmine?

“What do you want from me?!”

We just want you to stop panicking, honey.

If you relax, you won’t hear us any more. You won’t even remember any of it...

“Any of what?”

We need your help Jasmine. We need our Sacrifice...

“Who even ARE you?!”

Olden spirits of the island, Jasmine.

“Can’t you leave me alone? Please, I can’t do this,” Jasmine whimpered. Her brain was feeling numb, she couldn’t keep fighting the commands for much longer.

It will only take a few moments, honey. If you close your eyes, we’ll make sure you don’t remember it.

“I remembered last time!”

We had to use force, and you were awake. Sleep, Jasmine.

You won’t recall it, if you sleep.... just sleep...

Jasmine was exhausted. The voices in her head that were taking over, occasionally gaining control of her hand or a foot, commanding her to do something despicable. She had nearly succeeded first time round, but she had fighting so hard, that all she had succeeded in doing was destroying half of the island and not giving the Spirits the one they wanted.

Soon enough, Jasmine broke down, and she fell asleep. The voices in her head chuckled as she fell unconscious.

That’s it, sweetie. I promise you won’t remember a thing.
____________________

“What’s Mikey, Linnea?” said Gerard, turning and looking the witch in the eye.

“You recall how I said Jasmine was possessed by an olden spirit?”

“Yes. So?”
 “No, that spirit wants something. Jasmine was strong the first time around, she succeeded in not hitting the intended target. The intended target was one of you four,” she said. “I mean, you, Mikey, Ray or Frank. The four who were drawn to the island.”

“Why one of us?”

“You’re young, intelligent, and very, very good friends. The people on this island do not have such a close friendship.”

“And that’s supposed to help us, how?”

“The Spirits delight in pain and torment. They are, at this very moment, intruding into Jasmine’s mind, possibly sending her crazy. They tore you away from your families...”

“And you kept us here!” shouted Frank, shoving Gerard aside and glaring up at the Witch. “It’s your fault, you didn’t let us leave! Our families think we’re dead, and now, thanks to you not letting us leave, two of our closest friends are in fucking mortal danger, all because you kept us here?”

“I admit I made a mistake. I didn’t see the implications of my actions until just now,” Linnea admitted. “However, that was a past mistake. I cannot save anyone on my own, now. The more I use my powers, the more Spirits would be drawn to our presents and the more danger you four would be in.”

“So... hang on, you didn’t even answer my question. What’s happening to Mikey?” asked Gerard, his voice quiet.

“The Spirits chose him. He is loved by many; you, his brother. His two closest friends. A woman who doesn’t even admit it,” said Linnea, nodding towards Dana. “Getting rid of Mikey would cause the most heartache. So he’s who they targeted.”

“But, that’s stupid! They all have people who care about them, we would be devastated if any of them died,” said Tay. Gerard’s heart leapt a little bit at the defensive girl, feeling a surge of affection for her.

“When Mikey came to the island, he was the most loved. That’s when the decision was made. I can understand that the circumstances have been tweaked in the few weeks you were here,” said Linnea, looking between Gerard and Tay, who both blushed. “But that’s beside the point. Do you want to save your brother or not?”
____________________

The five heard the screaming before they’d saw the chaos.

They began to run when they’d heard the first shriek, and were sprinting at top speed when the explosion happened, shaking the walls of the cavern.

“Hurry up!” said Gerard, suddenly taking the lead. He’d never done any exercise in his life, but the thought of his brother and best friend in peril up ahead of them was a terrifying prospect, and the panic rising in his heard gave him the speed.

“Gee!”

“Jasmine!”

“MIKEY!”

They reached the wide haven in a pile of sweat, the cacophony of shrieks and cries suddenly cutting off. The sight was incredible. Jasmine was sitting on a ledge, her eyes closed, her face apparently peaceful. She could have been asleep.

But she wasn’t, they could tell, as shadows and what appeared to be fog drifted out from around her being, clouding the scene.

“What’s going on?” Gerard shouted, shoving forward.

But it was too late. Linnea had been right when they said to hurry up. They had missed most of the apparent disaster, but for the worse... Gerard’s cries caught up in his throat when he was what lay ahead of him.

“Gerard! Frank! Guys! I’m... oh my god, I just... I...” Abbie scrambled up from where she’d sat in a corner and flung herself upon her friends, her cries flowing freely from her chest. Gerard saw Anna curled up in Ray’s arms, and the afro-ed friend’s face frozen in shock, apparently unable to move. Jenna just stood, her face blank. Just standing, staring.

Gerard saw what they were all looking at, and a whimper shook through his chest.

“No... no...” he began to shake uncontrollably as he knelt down beside the figure. Dana and Tay both ran around to have a look, and Dana shrieked when she saw.

This couldn’t have been happening. This can’t have happened. But, as the group realized, it couldn’t have been another way.

After all, the prophecy had said ‘one death’.

Gerard curled up and began to sob into his brother’s chest, muttering to himself.

“Please, no... why, you just... no... NO!” he shrieked.

Because in front of them, lay Mikey. Motionless, and wide eyed. He looked politely surprised, as if someone had just asked him a daft question. But he didn’t blink. His chest didn’t move. As Gerard lay his head on his brother’s chest, tears flowing from his eyes, he couldn’t hear the heartbeat.

Dana was sitting on the floor, tears streaming silently from her eyes. Frank stood in shock, looking down at the two brothers on the floor. Tay wrapped her arm around Gerard’s shoulder and sobbed as well...

Mikey lay, unmoving, on the floor. The Spirits got what they wanted. The prophecy had been fulfilled. And hearts had been broken.

DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE! I'M SO SORRY! Now you see why I warned you to get tissues! There will be ONE more chapter after, this, then POSSIBLY an epilogue. So, yeah. This was gonna happen from the beginning. I even felt teary as I wrote it. Please Rate and Review.

BleedingValentine xx
Sign up to rate and review this story