Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Heroes Allowed

Chapter 4

by StormVandal 7 reviews

"Hey, so, guys? I have superpowers, too." (Sorry this took so long to get up! Writer's block is a bitch.)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-04 - Updated: 2012-08-05 - 838 words

3Exciting
A/N: Oh my god, guys, I'm so sorry this took so long to get up! I've got the worst writer's block right now. I've been trying really hard to work through it, but I didn't so so well. This chapter's kind of filler, but there's some really important stuff in here too! I'll hopefully have another chapter up soon!

Time always seemed to pass unnaturally slowly in math class, and math class the next day was no exception. The endless lists of numbers on the chalkboard made even less sense than usual; in fact, everything made less sense than usual. He had superpowers. His hands and eyes fucking glowed.

Gerard, who was seated as usual beside him at the two-seater desk, nudged him and he jumped.

"Sorry," Gerard whispered. "Are you okay?"

Frank shrugged. "I'm freaking out a bit," he admitted.

Gerard gave him a sympathetic look. "Yeah, I know how you feel."

"Do you think we should tell Mikey and Ray?" He rested his chin on his hand and looked over at Gerard, hoping for some reassurance- he was the expert in this field, after all.

Gerard thought for a moment, doodling absently on his math sheet. "Maybe," he shrugged. "If you want to. They know about me."

Frank bit his lip. "Yeah. Okay."

That was when the teacher yelled at them to shut up or he's give them both detention for the next two weeks. They stopped talking, but Gerard discreetly slipped Frank a folded piece of lined paper when the teacher turned away. He unfolded it to find a doodle of himself with a flowing cape, standing with his hands on his hips. Super Frank! itsaid above his head.

He glanced over at Gerard, who was smiling shyly at his textbook, and something swelled inside him.

...

"Mikeeeeeeey!" Frank yelled as he ran up to him and Ray after school. They had walked over to the middle school from the high school so they could all walk home together. He jumped onto Mikey's back before he had a chance to react.

"I hate you," Mikey said evenly.

Frank wrapped his legs around Mikey's middle and his arms around Mikey's head. Mikey let out a long-suffering sigh.

"Do you guys maybe wanna come over to my house? We can jam or something," Ray suggested. "I have food," he added, noticing Mikey and Frank's hopeful faces.

"Sweet!" Mikey crowed, shaking Frank off him and following Ray. "You're my favourite person."

"You've wounded me, Mikey!" Frank yelled after him, pouting. Gerard giggled, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll carry you if you want," he offered, smiling.

Frank beamed, hoisting himself onto Gerard's back. "Forward, minion!"

Gerard carried him all the way to Ray's house without even complaining once.

...

Frank had never been all that good with subtleties, and so when he decided that yeah, Ray and Mikey deserved to know what was going on, he didn't fuck around.

They were sitting on Ray's back steps, lounging around and taking a break from jamming, and Frank decided then was as good a time as any.

"Hey, so, guys?" he said casually. "I have superpowers, too."

There was a brief, stunned silence, before Mikey and Ray both yelled "What?!"

"Yeah, my hands glow and shit," he shrugged. "Also my eyes."

"Since when?!" Mikey blinked owlishly up at him from the stair below, and Frank shrugged again.

"I dunno. We found out yesterday."

Ray had fallen silent after his intial outburst. Gerard looked at him concernedly.

"You okay, Toro?" he asked, nudging Ray with his foot.

Ray looked up at them all. "I didn't know whether or not to tell you guys."

"Tell us what? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just... I think I have them, too."

The three others gaped at him. "What?" Frank yelped.

Ray looked around quickly and grabbed a semi-large stone off the ground next to him. He clenched his hand around it tightly for a moment, and next thing Frank knew, weird sand-like powder and tiny chunks of rocks were trickling out of the cracks between Ray's fingers.

There was another stunned silence.

"...Did you just fucking crush that rock? With your bare hands?" Gerard managed weakly.

"Um...yeah."

"Holy shit, dude," Frank exclaimed."Do you keep accidentally crushing everything you try to pick up?"

Ray shook his head. "It only happens when I think about it."

Mikey sat there silently, looking a little sad.

Hundreds of miles away, back in Washington D.C., Bill S-751 was upheld for the third time.

...

"They're going to let me skip a grade," Mikey told Gerard a few weeks later while they were sprawled across the couch watching TV. "So I'll be going into grade 9 with Ray in September."

"Really? Sweet!" Gerard grinned. What Mikey lacked in superpowers, he made up for in brains.

They didn't get a phone call from the school about it until another two weeks had passed. Gerard thought nothing of it. He figured Mikey's teacher had just let him know ahead of time.
Sign up to rate and review this story