Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Poor and Unfortunate Souls

Questions and Answers

by MyNomDePlume 3 reviews

"So, um, what exactly do they do here that 'fixes' kids?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2012-08-05 - Updated: 2012-08-05 - 946 words

0Unrated
It's visiting day!!!! I got my phone back for a little while so I decided to post this next chapter! I hope you guys like it and I'll be back in 16 days! :)
Xoxo
Liz




Strange looks were thrown in our general direction as Ryan and I stepped into the cafeteria, most likely because we looked like we just stepped out of a war. Ryan’s hair was sticking out in every direction while mine was plastered to my forehead with sweat. Our clothes were creased and hastily thrown on, especially mine. What can I say? Ryan was a dirty little bastard.

We got our lunches without any major interruptions and sat down at a table with Jon, Spencer, Cait, Mel, Anna, Jaxx, and a few unfamiliar faces.

“I see you’ve already had some fun today,” Spencer laughed while Jon took in our disheveled appearance silently with an all-knowing smirk. An Indian girl with short black hair chuckled as well as she clasped another hand in hers. That hand belonged to an older- looking girl with violet-colored hair.

“You’ve also broken the biggest fucking rule in the school,” the purple-haired girl stated bluntly. I must’ve looked terrified, because she then continued with a smile, “and so has pretty much everyone else, just not on their first day.”

“You’re rebellious, I like it.” a guy with long, messy black hair chimed in. Ryan glared daggers at him, prematurely labeling him as a threat.

“Chill, dude, Adam’s already mine.”
With that, Jaxx wrapped an arm around the guy’s shoulders.

“Oh, okay.” Ryan relaxed and squeezed my leg under the table.

I looked over at Anna hesitantly, expecting a rude comment aimed directly at me.

“Alright, please tell me why you keep looking at me like I’m about to eat you,” she burst out.

“I... uh... you-”

“You hurt his ego on the bus,” Mel cut off my flustered blubbering flatly.

"I was just messing with you. No hard feelings, 'kay?"

I mumbled a quiet, "okay" in response and lowered my head.

"Brendon, you're such a little kid," Cait laughed. "Kind of like my little brother but he's actually a little kid so-"

Mel slapped a hand over the other girl's mouth with a slight giggle. Cait let out a muffled protest and tried to pry the fingers away from her lips.

I pulled my attention away from the scene and over to the Indian girl.

"So, um, what exactly do they do here that 'fixes' kids?" I asked.

"Well, they have their methods. Sometimes those shitty lectures actually work, other times they try one-on-one counseling, but I'm not sure what they do if that doesn't work. Maybe Ash knows more."

We turned to the violet-haired girl expectantly. She in turn cleared her throat and told us, "From what I've heard, a lot of kids pretend to be 'fixed' and then they leave this godforsaken school. A few really defiant kids have been called to the office right before their 19th birthday and they haven't been seen since."

"So we're pretty much stuck here for the next two years?" Ryan asked nervously.

"Not necessarily," Ash lowered here voice so we had to strain to hear her, "There were a few kids that actually tried to escape. They all made it, except for that little kid, Lexi. She was punished pretty fucking severely. We don't know exactly what they did to her, but now she's afraid of everything."

"Wow," was all I could manage.

"Yeah. The great escape of Gerard, Frank, and Mikey is a school legend. But something like that'll never happen again," the tan-skinned girl added.

"Why not?"

"Because they've boosted up security. There are guards with guns and metal bars on the windows. The main entry is pretty much a one-way door until your 19."

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

"That's what this food tastes like," the Indian girl stated with a completely straight face.

"Nice, Priya," Spencer laughed.

"Almost as nice as your ass," Jon murmured loud enough for us to hear.

At that point our entire table was laughing like hyenas. Jaxx spit out some milk and Anna laughed even harder. Sadly, our chuckle-fest was cut short by the obnoxiously loud voice of Pastor Johnson over the speakers.

"Attention students, you will all return to your rooms and wait for a staff member to come and take you to one-on-one counseling. Repeat, to your rooms. Right. Now."

We all shuffled out of the lunchroom right away. The crowd was filled with nervous and excited murmurs as we all split up into our individual rooms.

Ana met Ryan and I in our room. She seemed relatively calm compared to me. My mouth was like sandpaper and my tongue was like lead. I was almost literally quaking in my boots.

"Don't be afraid of them," she told me, "defy those bastards and be as true to yourself as possible."

Her words sank in like into quicksand. The fear I had melted away and a new confidence washed over me.

"Mr. Urie! Please come out here at once!" a staff member called from outside the door.

I turned to Ryan and planted a kiss on his lips. He tried to pull me into a deeper kiss, but I pushed him away lightly. I chuckled at his look of desperation as my hand rested on the doorknob.

"Later, babe. I promise."

I swung the door open and found myself face-to-face with a bitter looking man. I followed him down the hall with a cocky swagger, probably bugging that crap out of him. So what? I was prepared for this. At least, I hoped.
Sign up to rate and review this story