Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Orange Blossom

The Devil's Joy

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Lucy and Jared have some big news for everybody.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2012-08-06 - Updated: 2012-08-07 - 823 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Six: The Devil's Joy:

Lucy's happy again and that could only mean one thing.

"Jared's back, isn't her?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Uh-huh!" Lucy said.

"For how long?"

"Two years."

"Ah," he replied. Lucy being happy… Oh boy! Yeah. Plus for two years too? Oh boy!

"What's wrong with that?" Anna asked. Tsuzuki looked up from eating his cake.

"That's just it," he said. "You've gotten to know her, right?"

"Yeah," Anna said. Her love put up his hands.

"So?" he asked. Anna thought about this and her face dropped. "Oh." The shinigami nodded.

"Yeah," he said. It didn't end there. Lucy always came around with cuff bruises on her wrists. She grinned… no, she bragged about them.

"Good night?" Hisoka asked to get it over with. She grinned at him.

"Uh-huh!" Lucy said.

"Jared, huh?"

"Yep, for two more years!"

Hisoka rolled his eyes. "Yes, I know." Jared's not a bad guy. He has a decent job. He doesn't play around on Lucy. He doesn't hit her except as their fun in the bedroom. It's just…

"When he's around," Tsuzuki broke down to Anna. "Everyone knows it."

"How?" she asked.

"First," he said. "There are the marks on her body. Cuff marks, hickeys, bite marks, things like that."

"Oh my," Anna said. "She really does like it rough."

"Don't see why you're surprised. You've known her close to a year now."

Anna nodded. "True…" Her eyes turned to him. "What else?"

"Well, she brags about it next."

"Yeah, I've heard that from the others."

"And then, something else happens."

She peered at him. "Like what?"

"Last time, they moved in together."

"And this time?"

Tsuzuki shrugged. "Don't know yet."

"It's funny," Anna said. "She's usually anti-love." Tsuzuki nodded.

"Yeah," he said. "But Jared's different, want to know why?"

"You're just itching to tell me, aren't you?"

Tsuzuki smiled like a hyper little puppy. "You know me so well. Alright." He leaned in to her ear. "He's like a male version of her."

"Oh…" Anna murmured. "Her better half?"

"Yep."

"Just like you and me?"

Tsuzuki nodded uneasily. "Minus the S&M parts." She nuzzled him on the ear.

"Ooo!" he said. Anna giggled. Tsuzuki smiled and shook his head.

"You," he said. On the thirty-first, Lucy's big news came that morning. It began with a text.

Big news. Meet me at noon at the Viron.

What could this be? The shinigami, Anna, demons, Rihoko, and Vivian all waited at the café. Anna leaned over to Tsuzuki.

"So what's this news she has?" she whispered. Tsuzuki shrugged and shook his head.

"We'll have to see," he said. Anna sat back in place. In twenty minutes, Lucy and Jared walked over to their table. She leaned on him, smiling, not smiling but grinning.

"Hey guys," she said. Jared waved at them. The crew waved back rather confused.

"Okay," Anna said. "What's this about?" Lucy held up her hand.

"Patience, Barbie," she said. "I'm getting there." Tsuzuki held Anna's hand as Lucy grinned.

"Everyone," she said. "We got married." She held up her left hand to show off her deep black wedding band. Shock just bitch-slapped the crew where they sat.

"What?!" they yelled.

"It's true," Jared said, smirking. "We are now married."

"When did this happen?" Hotaru asked as she bounced Akira-kun in her lap.

"Two weeks ago," Lucy said.

"In the courthouse," Jared added. Okay… No one expected this, they should have, but still…

"Anything else?" Anna asked.

"Nope," the S&M queen said. "That was it." Lucy's smile became brighter than the sun. "He needs to go work now, Bye." Jared grabbed on her ass as they walked away. The others sat there trying to process what they just learned.

"So, Lucy's married now," Tsuzuki said later that afternoon.

"Yep," Anna said. The couple passed a bridal shop.

"That's going to be the talk around Ju-Oh-Cho," he said.

"Uh-huh," Anna replied.

"Takes some of suspicion off of us," Tsuzuki mumbled under his breath, averting his eyes. Anna glanced up at him.

"What?" she asked.

"Oh shit!" Tsuzuki muttered as he froze, trembling. Anna frowned.

"You haven't told them yet, have you?" she asked. Tsuzuki tried not to look at her, chuckling to himself.

"You weren't going to tell them, were you?" she asked.

"Not yet…" he mumbled.

"When?"

"I don't know."

"It can't stay a secret forever."

"I know that!" Tsuzuki took a deep breath and rested his hand on her shoulder. "Look, we'll tell them together tomorrow."

Anna looked him in the eye. "You promise?"

Her love nodded. "Yes, I mean it, I really do."

Anna gave him a little smile. "I'll hold you to it."

"Alright," Tsuzuki replied. Anna was about to speak when her cell phone rang.

"Excuse me," she said. The woman reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone.

"Hello?" she asked.

"My dear niece," a creepy voice croaked on the other line. "It's been so long."
Sign up to rate and review this story