Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Orange Blossom

Hopeful Monster

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hisoka is feeling down again until Tsuzuki gives a little hope.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2012-08-07 - Updated: 2012-08-07 - 616 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Seven: Hopeful Monster:

He hasn't been home in days. Hisoka couldn't go home because Jessie just won't leave. She's determined to stay until she has her revenge or whatever. A couple of nights ago, she came onto him and drove him out of his own apartment as a result. Now what can he do? He would rather die than ask Tsuzuki for help. Not with her living there, anyway. Her. Kimoto Anna. She just takes everything. Tsuzuki should be his lover, not hers. He should be living with his partner, not her. He should…

Hisoka stopped in his tracks. I'm doing it again/, he thought. /Let it go already! They are together now. He doesn't love you like that. Move on! Hisoka sighed. Why did it come down to this? She should be in Meifu permanently, but because of Tsuzuki, her soul is anchored in limbo by her core. Now, she has moved in with him. That last thought made Hisoka's stomach turn. He kept his pain down for so long. The shinigami closed his eyes to block it out.

"Hisoka-kun?" he heard someone ask. Hisoka turned his head. Tsuzuki stood over him, looking down. His partner narrowed his eyes at him.

"What?" he asked. Tsuzuki moved next to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Hisoka snorted. /Real rich coming from you/, he thought. His older partner frowned.

"Look Hisoka," he said. "I know I haven't been there for you like I used, but I haven't forgotten about you. I just wanted you to know." Hisoka put his bitter poker face.

"Why do you keep lying to me like that?" he asked. Tsuzuki blinked at him.

"What?" he asked. Hisoka frowned.

"You always try to sugar-coat everything," he said. He slammed his hands on the desk. "I love you, damn it!"

"Yes, I know," Tsuzuki said.

"No, you don't!" Hisoka snapped. He breathed heavily. "It's always about her,"

"Who, Anna?" Tsuzuki asked. Hisoka glared at him. His partner drew back.

"I'm really am sorry," Tsuzuki said. "I'm worried about you." His partner snorted.

"I really am worried about you," the older shinigami said. "When was the last time you went home?"

"Why do you care?" his partner asked. Tsuzuki took his hand.

"Because, you are my partner," he said. Hisoka felt his heart race as his cheeks turned red.

"You mean it?" he asked. Tsuzuki nodded.

"Of course," he said. "You are my partner." Hisoka's heart did a little flip. Whoa…

"Please talk to me," Tsuzuki said. "Why haven't you been home lately?" Hisoka shifted his eyes away from him.

"Pipe burst," he lied.

"A pipe burst?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yeah," Hisoka answered, nodding.

"Did you call someone to look at it?"

"Yeah. They should be here by this evening."

"That long?"

"Yeah."

"Oh." Tsuzuki paused. "Hey, do you have anywhere to stay for the night?"

Hisoka looked up with red cheeks. "No, not really."

"Well, you could come and stay at my place for a bit," his partner told him. Hisoka shook his head. Tsuzuki raised an eyebrow.

"No?" he asked.

"No," his young partner said. "I'm good."

"You sure."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Okay then, let me know if you need anything, okay."

Hisoka nodded. "I will." Why push it even further? Tsuzuki's feelings wouldn't change. It felt good to hear him say those things to him, even if they were half-hearted. Maybe there was hope after all. Suddenly, their phones buzzed. They pulled them out and looked at the screens.

"I got a text from Lucy," Tsuzuki said.

"So did I," Hisoka said.

"Says she has soon big news," Tsuzuki said. He turned to his partner. "Wonder what it could be."

"Oh boy…" Hisoka mumbled.
Sign up to rate and review this story