Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Orange Blossom

Downfall

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Sharon drives Nobu just moments before further downfall to the Eda-Kimoto clan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2012-08-08 - Updated: 2012-08-09 - 783 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Eight: Downfall:

-Sharon-

I used to be a good person. I lived in Maine when I was a little girl. After I graduated high school, I went to Japan for college. That's where I met him. Nobu was a calm and quiet person. He didn't like violence. His calm gave me a sort of comfort that I was used to at home.

But lately, that has shattered.

He is not the man I fell in love with all those years ago. A savage lives in my house. No, I always lived with a savage. At least then he was a gentleman. He only killed people to survive. I didn't complain. I even turned a blind eye. He was good to me and Victoria.

That savage is no more. He has evolved into a beast, a violent, confused beast. I can't handle it, but I can't leave him either. I promised to stay even after death. His kills would happen to put any normal person off. I just kept my thoughts and objections to myself. We played house, he and I, pretended that nothing was wrong. He was good to me after all.

Back in November, his mind became distorted. When Nobu came home, he wouldn't talk. He stayed locked up in his room all day. He wouldn't eat. I didn't know what to do. This went on for three weeks. Finally on Christmas, I knocked on his office door.

"Darling," I whispered. "Merry Christmas." I knocked again when I received no answer. "Darling, I have some Christmas cake for you." Unease came over when he didn't respond, but it didn't stop me from knocking.

"Darling?" I asked. "Darling?" I knocked harder on his door. I didn't expect it to slide open for me. When I looked inside, two eyes like a glaring bull dog met mine. I wanted to back away, but my feet stay frozen to the ground. My husband lunged at me with fangs and claws. He grabbed me by my shoulders.

"What?!" he barked. "What?! What do you want woman?! What do you want?!" I only responded with a whimper. Nobu froze and let me go. He lowered his head.

"Forgive me," he said. My husband disappeared into his office and closed the door. I just stood there. I couldn't move for what felt like hours. It didn't end there.

The only way to cope was to lock myself away deep inside and feel nothing. This does not work for my daughter. She beats me to try and make me feel something. I take it in silence. That was all I had to keep me in check. It all changed three days ago. I believe I have made things worse now.

"Sharon!" Nobu called this morning. I tried to ignore him.

"Sharon!" he called. I stared at my fish swimming in its tank. Two dry hands grabbed onto my shoulders and yanked me around. Those cruel eyes stared deep into mine as I dared not speak.

"What is this about you getting arrested for assault three days ago?" he barked. I didn't look him in the eye. Mama must have told him. She promised that she wouldn't, she promised! I heard my husband growl.

"What would possess you to be so stupid?!" he barked. "What?! Tell me what!" I kept my mouth shut. He let go of my shoulders, sneering.

"You know," he said. "Apparently, hitting you doesn't work. So, I'm going to crush your little fish here." I jerked my head around when he said that.

"No," I muttered. Nobu pressed his hand against the glass. I grabbed onto him as fast as I could, trying to pull him away.

"Stop!" I screamed. "You're done enough!"

"Why should I?!" Nobu barked. "It's the only way to get your attention!"

"Leave the fish alone!"

"Then why did you get arrested?!"

I felt something inside of me crumble. "I beat up your niece at the mall! I saw her and I just lost it! You happy now?! I gave you an answer!" He turned to me with a grin of the devil. I let go of him, backing away. He licked his lips.

"My niece, huh?" he asked. I nodded at him.

"Y-Yes…" I mumbled. My husband snickered.

"Well now," he said. "This changes everything." He walked away to his office. I just stood there, watching his back. I think I just made it worse again, but it's probably better this way. Maybe things will go back to what they were before he became an untamed beast. Maybe the peace will return. This might actually work.

I used to be a good person; I don't how it all fell apart.
Sign up to rate and review this story