Categories > Original > Drama > Just What I Needed

Chapter Five - Hushed Voices

by xXEmoEeyoreXx 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2012-08-08 - Updated: 2012-08-08 - 2185 words

0Unrated
I made my way slowly down the stairs, trying my hardest not to make a sound. I had long skinny jeans on to hide the bruises that were scattered across the flesh but luckily, was able to wear a tank top safely. I could hear Aidan’s distinctive, low voice from in the kitchen. Flashback of the previous night ran through my mind and a chill shot through my body. Thinking about the way his hands caressed my body sent my mind whirling.



I shook my head, as if to remove the thoughts of him from it, and continued down the stairs. The voices were muffled and I couldn’t understand what anyone was saying but it sounded like all of the boys were in the kitchen.



As soon as I rounded the corner, the room became silent and five pairs of eyes shot over to me. Brock heaved a heavy sigh, not concealing the fact he didn’t want me around, before taking a drink out of the mug in front of him. Jake shot me a huge grin before standing up and pulling me into a hug.



“Morning Juliette,” he whispered into my ear before planting a kiss on my cheek. I hugged him back and returned the greeting, smiling. Each man was sitting at the bar aside from Drew who was leaning against the opposite counter. Drew greeted me but he looked tense. My eyes flickered towards Aidan who looked tired. His eyelids were heavy and he looked unkempt. He looked at me for a split second before looking down at the counter.



“I’ll go get you a chair Juliette,” Drew said, standing erect to presumably fetch a chair but Jake stopped him.



“Don’t worry about it man. She can sit with me,” Jake winked before sitting down and lifting me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. I smirked at how touchy he was being but I found it cute. He hadn’t crossed any boundary line; I wasn’t going to fight it.



Austin got up and began pouring me a cup of coffee… in silence. The tense air was more than uncomfortable. I coughed nervously and looked to Aidan who was sitting next to Jake and I in fitted black jeans and a tight white tee shirt. He was already looking at me, the expression on his face completely unreadable. Our eyes locked for several moments before Drew finally spoke up.



“My mom really wants to meet you Juliette and I thought today would be a good day for a visit. Unless you already have plans…?” I shifted on Jake’s lap and thought for a moment. I had no idea what to expect with Drew’s mom. If I were her, I’d resent the child that took the father of my own away. He had told me she was sweet and didn’t hold any grudges but I wasn’t convinced.



“Umm, yeah sure. I don’t really have any plans I suppose.” I said just before swallowing a gulp of coffee. Drew beamed at me.



“It’s almost ten o’clock; we need to go, now.” Aidan deadpanned, getting up from his chair.



“Wait, you’re coming? Why? Are you all coming with?” Aidan rolled his eyes while Jake chuckled, squeezing my waist affectionately.



“Nope, only Aidan is going with you two.” Austin said, rinsing his cup out at the sink.



“He needs to pick something up from my mom’s place. He won’t be staying.” Drew said with a smile, effectively ridding me of my confusion.



I jumped off of Jake’s lap and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, silently thanking him for the makeshift chair and bounded up the stairs to my room. I rummaged through my suitcases, desperately looking for something that a 40 year old woman would consider ‘cute’. I threw my hands up in frustration when I came up with nothing. I didn’t wear skirts or dresses so I was stuck with jeans and sweatpants. While I liked my tee shirts, many people would consider them either too plain or highly offensive. I sighed dejectedly, glancing down at my long black jeans and gay pride rainbow tank top. Well, hopefully she likes it.



I grabbed a pair of old black vans before heading to the bathroom to brush through my hair before running back down the stairs. I bumped into Drew on my way down who was holding a helmet out towards me.



“You should put your hair up, Juliette.” He said with a sly smile. His eyes twinkled with delight but I was lost. I took the helmet, looking at it as if it were from another planet.



“What do I need-“ my question was rudely cut off by a loud roar, which I recognized as a motorcycle, outside.



“We only have one car and it’s being worked on right now so we are taking the bikes.”



I hadn’t even realized they had bikes. On my ‘tour’ of the house, the garage and basement had been ignored and I figured it was because nothing special ever really happened in either portion but maybe I was wrong.



Following Drew out the front door, I stopped abruptly at the sight before me. Aidan was situated on a sleek black bike wearing jeans, what looked to be combat boots, his tight white shirt and a black leather jacket.



What was most attractive about his outfit overall though, was the annoyingly gorgeous smirk that graced his lovely yet infuriating face. I childishly stuck my tongue out at him and followed behind Drew, tucking my hair behind my head.



“No, you have to ride with Aidan.” Drew instructed me, grabbing my shoulders and spinning me around to face Aidan.



“But why? I don’t want to ride with him!” I said indignantly as I fought the hands that were pushing me towards Aidan. He just rolled his eyes while Drew laughed.



“Because his bike is the one with two seats.” To my utter disbelief and slight horror, Aidan stuck his tongue out at me; like a complete child. I couldn’t believe it; the stone faced man was actually showing a bit of personality.



“Doesn’t surprise me.” I muttered under my breath

as I shook Drew’s hands off of my shoulders and marched over to the bike. Aidan’s eyes never left me as I swung a leg over and scooted myself back so that I didn’t have to touch him.



“You may want to hold onto something; just sitting there is going to cause your ass to meet the ground.” His cocky smirk was back so I just shoved the helmet on over my head and placed my hands at his back just in case.



Neither Drew nor Aidan were wearing helmets so I’m sure I looked a little odd but I wasn’t going to risk it. Aidan jerked the bike forward, effectively making me smack into his back before grasping his midsection in order to keep steady.



“I hate you!” I yelled from behind the helmet but he just chuckled and pulled out onto the road in front of Drew who followed close behind.



It didn’t take long for me to realize not hanging onto Aidan was out of the question. My arms quickly wrapped themselves around him and I leaned my head against his back. The loud rumble of the bike and vibrations from the engine soon began to relax my entire body and I closed my eyes, secretly enjoying the feel of Aidan’s body pressed against my own. His skin was warm, even under his shirt and jacket. My hands were aching to move, to just explore his body a little.



Just when I had finally convinced them to stay put, the bike was turned off. What perfect timing I thought sarcastically.



“You know, you can let go now little one.” Aidan taunted from his seat in front of me. I threw my arms away from him as if they had been burned. He looked at me and laughed before unsnapping the helmet and gently pulling it off of my head.



“You look funny with a helmet on.” He told me, smirking.



“And you look funny without one. I recommend you wear one all the time.” His eyes darkened slightly but he didn’t reply. His gaze flickered towards the house and when I looked up, I saw a woman in her early forties practically bouncing out of the house. Drew met her halfway up the drive and enveloped her in a hug.



“Where is she?” The woman asked him, clapping her hands in excitement. Drew chuckled and put an arm around her shoulders, leading her towards Aidan and I who were sitting facing each other on his bike.



I hurriedly pulled my hair down and jumped off of the bike just in time to be greeted with a massive bear hug. I returned it, laughing at how much she was reminding me of the day I met her son.



“Mom, this is Juliette. Juliette, this is my mom, Dianna.” Drew introduced.



“Oh it’s such a pleasure to finally meet you! Andrew kept telling me he’d bring you over when you were settled in but I was starting to get impatient.” Dianna said, looking at her son pointedly.



“It’s lovely to meet you as well. Drew has said so many wonderful things about you.” She smiled brilliantly, looking me over and nodding once in approval.



“Hello Aidan, it’s been a while since I saw you last. What are you doing here?” He looked at her apologetically before stepping away from his bike to give her a quick kiss on the cheek.



‘Sorry, Ma but I’m just here to pick something up. I’ll come back soon though, alright?” My heart tightened when he said ‘Ma’, reminding me of my own mother and what I always called her. I wondered why he called her that though. Maybe she treated him like a son so he treated her like his mother.



“You smoke?” I asked, confused as Aidan pulled out a cigarette and set it between his lips. Drew snorted while Dianna just shook her head.



“He smokes like a goddamn forest fire.” She said in disapproval and pulled the unlit cancer stick from his mouth. He rolled his eyes playfully but remained silent before walking towards the house.



Dianna linked arms with me and began chatting about what she was baking as we followed Aidan. She sat us down in a sitting room and I was pleasantly surprised to find her style wasn’t that of a typical middle aged woman. The walls were a light lavender color with white accents. A bunch of lilies were placed in a clear vase atop a white stained wooden coffee table. The couch was plush and white as well. Windows were scattered around the room, letting in a considerable amount of light.



Aidan descended the stairs with a large black duffle bag and came into the sitting room.



“Drew, call me when you hear from Brock. I want to know as soon as it’s done.” He said, leaning to give Dianna another peck before leaving without another word. She watched him leave with a worried look on her face but when she saw the confusion on mine she smiled, shaking her head.



“I worry about that boy; he’s always getting himself into trouble.”



We began talking and the conversation really was interesting but I couldn’t help wonder what Aidan was doing, what Brock was doing that would require Aidan knowing. I tried to focus solely on Drew and Dianna but it was difficult. She seemed to be worried about Aidan but Drew looked at ease sprawled across one of her couches.



I decided to leave it alone since it wasn’t my business anyways and try to have an engaging conversation with Dianna. She and Drew talked about his childhood and their lives in great detail but left the subject of my family alone. I panicked slightly when she asked me about a job but I was able to avoid further questions after telling her I had some money saved and was searching for a job.



Drew left at one point to make a call which I assumed was to Aidan and about an hour after that, Aidan arrived back to pick us up. Dianna told me that she would take me out for lunch sometime this week and we’d have a ‘girls day’ which to be quite honest, sounded pretty damn nice.



The rest of the evening went smoothly. The boys ordered Chinese and we all laid in the living room watching TV much like the night before. Everything seemed to be normal but I still couldn’t help feeling like I was being kept in the dark. Something was up and I was going to find out what it was.

Sign up to rate and review this story