Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

[A/N] - Haven't updated this in a while because I thought nobody liked it but do you know what? I like it so I'm gonna update it :) So here goes nothing...

Dad walked out of the building and came back holding a large, thick envelope with a grey smiley face and the letters BLI on it "There was a bit of a problem inside. Some people called the killjoys or something broke in but Haru didn't want to bore me with the details. Anyway, each of us gets a copy of the rules so here you go..." He handed us each a long list of rules.

I read through them "Wait, we're only allowed to wear the white clothes they've provided us in our home? And we all have to dye our hair black or shave it off? And what's this about never being allowed to leave the city? I want to go and visit Sasha sometimes!"

"Well, visiting Sasha would've been nearly impossible anyway. We're too far away. I'm sorry Crayon." Mom replied "So where's our house?"

"We live at number thirty-two."

"Number thirty-two what?" I asked.

"That's it. Just number thirty-two."

I looked out the window as we drove a long. It was so strange. Every single house was the same. Small, white and no windows at all. There were no front gardens, just flat wasteland and occassionally a small white car. Our own red car was out of place. It took me a moment to realise that our entire family was out of place... Especially me.

It didn't take us long to pull up outside number thirty-two "This house is tiny." Stella said.

"Yes, there's only one bedroom so we're going to have to lean to share." Dad explained, opening the car door and getting out "Come on, let's take a look shall we?"

So all of us got out of the car and walked towards the house. Another scary thing I noticed was that there was no noise. No laughter, no music, no chatter... The entire town was silent "Does anybody actually live here?" I asked "Because this place is like a ghost town."

"Of course people live here. It's just a peaceful town." Mom replied in a cheery tone.

Peaceful was one way to describe it. Boring fitted this town better though.

Dad unlocked the door and the four of us huddled inside "It's freezing in here..." I whispered, wrapping my arms further round myself "And I can't see a thing in those rooms since there are no windows..."

Mom flicked a light switch and each room lit up. They'd provided us with BLI furniture, saying that our now furniture would most likely have broken their endless rules. The furniture here was depressing. In the living room we find a small, white, uncomfortable looking sofa, a white book case with books about BLI, a small, square, white television and a tiny white coffee table. In the kitchen there was a white oven, a white fride and a white table with four hard white chairs. The bathroom was filled with white things and so was our one bedroom. A small, white double bed, two small white mattresses on the floor and a large white wardrobe that was probably filled with our approved white clothes "We have to sleep on mattresses?" Stella asked, putting her thumb in her mouth.

"Dad, I think this was a really bad idea..." I said "This town is awful."

"Look, I accepted the job here so we could all have a better life. That's why the town is called Better Living. We're safer here than we were out there. It might take a while to get used to life here but we will, I promise." Dad smiled "And we'll all be happy because of it. Now we'd better get changed into the approved clothes and hand in the ones we're wearing."

"We can't keep them?" I asked, looking down at my favourite pink tee shirt. Dad shook his head "Well, aren't we gonna unpack our stuff?"

"Oh, we have to hand them into headquarters first. We can keep whatever gets approved." Mom told us as she consulted the stupid list of rules before opening the large wardrobe "Yep, here's our clothes."

We all wore the same clothes. A baggy white tee-shirt, white trousers and white lace-up shoes "I'm going to hand in all our stuff then to be approved." Dad said "Anybody want to come?" Mom and Stella said they'd go "What about you Crayon?"

"I think I'm going to explore a bit..." I replied thoughtfully.

Dad nodded, frowning slightly "Okay but please stay out of trouble Crayon. Stick to the rules." And then they were gone, leaving me standing outside the disappointing house.
Sign up to rate and review this story