Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

I looked around and asked myself 'But where am I meant to explore exactly?'. Everything looked the same. I shrugged my shoulders and walked down my drive then turned left, the opposite direction of BLI headquarters.

Twenty minutes later I was still bored. I'd managed to leave the 'house area' (as I'd named it) and entered what looked like a town centre. There was a school that I guessed I'd have to attend, a hospital, a library (that said 'BLI APPROVED BOOKS' on the sign so I guessed the books there would be as boring as the ones in our new house looked too), an information centre and something called a panic room. Each building was large, white and plain.

I ran my fingers through my hair cherry red hair and bit my lip. How long would I last here? I sighed heavily and carried on walking until I made it to a large white wall "Jesus..." I'd made it to the wall of the city.

Suddenly I heard footsteps and looked around. There was actually someone here? My eyes rested on a small girl with black hair in a pixie cut with red chunks and tanned skin. She was standing a few metres away from me just staring at me as if I was some kind of alien creature. Then again it must be weird to see bright red hair when everyone else has black hair "Hi!" I said, waving at her "What's your name?"

The girl walked closer before saying "Kat Hiddleston."

"Cool. My name's Crayon Jones." I replied with a smile, holding out my hand.

Kat looked slightly confused before shaking my hand "Crayon. They'll probably make you change your name."

"Why?"

"I don't think Crayon is a BLI approved name."

"They have to approve your names as well?" I asked, my eyes widening. I was getting sick of BLI and I'd only been here an hour "Did they approve your name?"

Kat shook her head "No. They make me go by the name Emily at school and stuff but my Dad calls me Kat."

"What do your friends call you?"

"I don't have any friends." Kat smiled at me "Normally I'd introduce myself as Emily but you're not like everyone else here."

"And I don't want to be." Kat looked around worriedly "What?"

"I'm looking for flies. They're BLI equipment to spy on us and if we kill them we could owe the company half a million for breaking their equipment. Or they'll send you to prison for thirty years." Kat whispered "But I think we're safe... For now."

"God, this place is weird." I whispered back "So what do you do for fun around here?"

"Well there's the library."

I rolled my eyes "The library? But that's just filled with BLI approved books."

"Yes but there are a few books about the killjoys that they had to publish to try and make us scared of them. But me and my Dad aren't."

"The killjoys?" I remembered my Dad saying they had broken into BLI headquarters "Who are they?"

"They're a group of people against BLI because they believe in colours and having fun and stuff. So they live in the desert and the draculoids are still trying to catch them but they're too clever to be caught." Kat smiled "You should read the books about them. BLI make them out to be monsters but they're not. I've seen them."

"What do they look like?"

"There are pictures. And survelience footage that they put on the website in another attempt to scare us." Kat tucked some of her hair behind her ear "I think the rest of this town is scared of them."

"Speaking of the rest of the town, where are they?"

"They're all in their homes."

"But why? Why don't they come out and talk to each other or something?"

"BLI believe that human contact is pointless and holds no equity." Kat told me "They also think emotions are pointless because in the long run they won't help us. So they give everyone pills to get rid of our emotions."

"And you take them?" I asked, completely appauled.

Kat shook her head "Me and my Dad hide the pills. He only moved us here for safety and I guess we are safe here. Unless BLI find out about us."

"Find out what?"

Kat opened her mouth then went pale and pointed above my head. I looked up and found a small fly. It looked just like a normal fly "It's always hard to tell which flys are real and which aren't." Kat said under her breath, so quietly that I nearly didn't hear her. She took my wrist and pulled me towards the library "Let's research the killjoys."

The library was filled with white books (not that that was a surprise) but Kat knew where to look. She picked out a small, square book "This one was probably my favourite." She replied "You read that and I'll see if I can get the surveilence footage up for you."

Kat walked off to a few square computers in a corner of the library and I sat down on a white, hard sofa before opening the book. The book was actually really interesting. The first few pages were about how amazing BLI were and why a rebellion was pointless (that part was rather dull) but then they started talking about what the killljoys have done.

21st June 2019 - Savage beatings have been reported on the outskirts of Zone Four. Troops have been deployed, but have yet to make any arrests or gain any new information on the whereabouts of the gang suspected in the killing and dismembering of S/c/a/r/e/c/r/o/w Metropolitan.

I turned the page and found myself looking at a black-and-white photograph of them. Four men and four girls. The writing at the bottom said their names were Fun Ghoul, Party Poison, Jet-Star, Kobra Kid, Paranoia Destroyah, Mythomania Danger, Cherri Kid and Toxic Angel. Then suddenly I realised I'd seen the four men before. They were the men I'd seen outside BLI headquarters this morning.

"Crayon, I found some..." I heard Kat say. I slotted the book back and went over to the computer "They're not very interesting because BLI keep the best ones for themselves. They don't want everyone else to see them." She clicked play and I watched as a man with a large mousekat head walked across the desert. Kat looked at the time in the corner of the screen "Hey Crayon, I'm sorry, I've gotta get home. But can I meet you tomorrow? I'll meet you at school tomorrow, okay? There's only one school so we'll be there together... Bye!"

"Bye." I waved at her and returned my attention to the screen before clicking on another video. A girl with long straight hair walked across the screen followed by a man with shoulder-length hair and a frankenstien mask "I wish I was one of them." I whispered before shutting down the computer and walking back to my house. I will never call BLI home.
Sign up to rate and review this story