Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Comrade

Chapter 10

by pourquoibella 0 reviews

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-12 - Updated: 2012-08-12 - 1746 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho/its plot/characters/etc. and make no money from this story.
Recap: Hiei rescued Yukina while Yusuke and Kuwabara fought the Toguros. Once knocked out, everyone left the mansion.


Komeko stood next to Botan awkwardly. The group had made their way from the mansion and were now quite curious about who she was. She stood there in the same thing she had been wearing since she showed up to help with Kurama, a white halter top that had floral printing, white wash jean shorts, pastel flats, and her usual multiple black beaded bracelets. Her tan skin shone brightly against the light colors and contrasted nicely with her dark curly hair that reached down around her hips. She was happy because, over night, all her bruises had disappeared quickly. She had to thank Kurama again for his salve.

Yusuke eyed her wearily, while Kurama and Botan already knew who she was and Hiei maintained his disinterest. So, she rubbed the back of her head and gave them a very similar explanation as she had said to Kurama the day before. Yusuke and Kuwabara were both exhausted, so they made their way to their normal homes while Yukina would later go back to her island.


Both Kurama and Komeko walked to school together a few days later. Since the events that happened over Tarukane, the two understood that they would see each other more often. The talk was small as they approached the gate, where Kurama was tackled by Ai, as usual. She smiled up at him brightly and gave Komeko a glare, scrunching up her face in a very ugly manner. Komeko brushed it off and just continued on her way to school, even though Kurama’s eyes silently begged for help.

Lunch rolled around quickly and Komeko sat down with her tray and books. She ate her food by herself until she was interrupted by a meek looking girl with light brown hair and green eyes. Her voice was quiet as she spoke.

“Hello. My name is Rin Ryusaki. Would it be okay if I sit with you?”

She didn’t see any problem with it really. “Sure. I’m Komeko Ishii. It’s nice to meet you.”

She sat down across from Komeko and smiled in thanks. They ate their food, while Komeko also read her book, mostly in silence. They parted ways with simple goodbyes when lunch was over, but Komeko couldn’t shake off a feeling about the girl.


When school was done, Komeko and Kurama made their way back home.

“How’d your last class go?”

“It was alright. I might’ve made a new friend today, but she feels kinda funny to me. Her name was Rin Ryusaki.”

“Hm, I met her today as well, but I didn’t notice anything off about her.”

They turned down a different street and waited for a light to change so they could cross.

“We’ll just have to keep an eye on her then. I don’t trust her as far as I could throw her, honestly, but I’m sure I could throw her skinny ass pretty far.”

Kurama chuckled at Komeko lightly before crossing the street together.

“How’d you manage on Mr. Harada’s test?”

“It wasn’t that bad, but I’ve got to kick my butt in gear for Mrs. Kunda’s test in two days.” Komeko nodded thoughtfully.

They found themselves outside of Kurama’s home.

“I’m doing pretty well in that class. I could help you study if you want?” He offered.

She thought about it for a moment and realized how modest he was being. He’s freaking Kurama; of course he’s acing the class. She looked at him and smiled, holding her hand out.

“It’s a deal.” They shook.

She felt slightly reluctant to lose his touch, but waved the feeling off quickly. “I’m going to leave a note for my mother and I’ll meet you at your house in a few minutes, if that’s ok?”

She agreed and they separated. When she got home, she changed into a pair of sweat pants and a black t-shirt that said “I ain’t afraid of no ghost” with pac-man as the ‘o’ in ghost. She only had to wait a few minutes before Kurama showed up.


Komeko threw her pencil at the book, wanting to stab it. She was done studying and wanted to just relax for now. Kurama sighed next to her and closed his book. She gave him some puppy dog eyes and he conceded.

“Okay, we can take a break. I don’t see a problem with that.”

Komeko’s stomach growled in hunger, so she glared down at it, mumbling, “Traitor,” quietly.

Kurama smiled at her, but was nearly knocked off his feet when she had grabbed him by his hand and dragged him downstairs and into the kitchen. She let go of him quickly, but he was surprised at her strength. She started rifling through her refrigerator and came out with a few different ingredients stacked in her arms.

“Look good?”

He understood what she was going to make, so he rolled up his sleeves to help her.


Roughly forty-five minutes later, they both sat down at her table with dinner in front of them. Komeko ate her food happily and smiled over at Kurama. She savored the bite.

“We’re pretty awesome cooks!” She laughed.

He smiled at her and nodded his agreement. Once they were done, Komeko stood and grabbed both of their dishes and brought them to the sink to wash them. She ran the hot water and her mind wandered for just a minute. She straightened from her temporary daze when Kurama asked her a question.

“I’m sorry, could you repeat that?”

“I just asked if you’d like to meet up and study again tomorrow after school.” He didn’t mind that she had spaced.

“Yeah, that sounds great!”

She finished up the dishes and dried off her hands before walking Kurama to the entrance. Then, she decided she would test the boundaries of their new friendship. As they stood in front of the door to say goodbye, she wrapped her arms around him in a quick hug. He returned it after a second of being surprised. They parted and she thanked him again for helping her out.

“I’ll see you tomorrow!”

He nodded and she closed the door.


Komeko stood outside the gate of her school the next afternoon waiting for Kurama to meet up with her. She checked her watch after a few more minutes and realized she probably wouldn’t end up seeing him. She sniffed the air for a moment and realized his scent wasn’t that far off. She started walking towards the park a few minutes away from the school. She kept herself hidden behind a few trees and looked out at a set of benches.

A frown settled on her face as she saw Kurama. The part that really irked her was who he was sitting with – Rin. She sniffed the air and caught both their scents and grimaced when Rin’s revealed something a little more than she wanted to know. The girl was very attracted to Kurama in a very intimate manner, the downsides of being a Tsuiseki demon – no, a demon in general.

With a new found irritation, she stomped most of the way back to her home. She normally wasn’t the jealous type, but she felt jilted. She didn’t think Kurama was that sort of person, but it couldn’t help except to remind her that most men didn’t always think with their other head. Rin even had her top unbuttoned to show some cleavage, that cheap bitch.

She slammed the door to her home and made her way to go study. A while later, she was ready to pull her hair out in frustration, so she slammed her book shut and quit for the night.


She continued to get ditched the rest of the week. She hadn’t even had the chance to walk with him to school anymore. She was peeved about it and it honestly did hurt her feelings. She tried to not think about it. Instead, she had started to hang around Keiko a bit more. She was on her way to the girl’s house right now. She knocked on the door and waited.

The door cracked open to reveal Keiko. “Hi, Komeko. I almost forgot you were coming over.”

She laughed a little and moved to let her in. Komeko started to put her foot over the doorstep and stopped. An unpleasant scent hit her nose and she realized that none other than Rin was seated on Keiko’s couch. She continued on her way to walk into Keiko’s home, the foolish girl be damned. She was going to hang out with someone and not let her get in the way. To maintain her polite attitude, she waved to Rin briefly.

“Hello.”

Rin nodded and set her drink down on the table.

Once the door was closed, Komeko and Keiko both walked over to the couch. Keiko sat between the two girls and leaned back happily.

“So, how has everything been, Komeko?” Rin asked curiously.

“Fine, just fine.”

Keiko suddenly seemed to feel the tension and stood up quickly. “Could I get you something to drink, Komeko?”

Before she even said anything, Keiko was already getting her one from the kitchen. Komeko was slightly surprised at first, but turned to Rin expectantly. Her face seemed to darken and look more threatening than it had before. Komeko had a small epiphany when she thought more about the girl and her demeanor.

“I don’t know what your game is, but I’m not playing. I’ll give you one warning and one warning only to leave my friends alone. I know you’re not human, even if you don’t have any demonic presence and I know you’re not here for their benefit.” Komeko threatened.

Rin’s eyes widened for a moment and then narrowed back down. “I don’t have to do anything and I guarantee that if you try to out me, they won’t believe you.”

Komeko stood to leave before Keiko even came back. “I warned you.”

Then she was gone out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story