Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Time of Death

Desperate to Find Your Killer

by Bella_Jinxx 4 reviews

"Would you two like to come with me?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-12 - Updated: 2012-08-13 - 1733 words

2Original
Chapter Three: Desperately Seeking Your Killer

... WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ MAY MAKE YOU HATE SOME CHARACTERS OF THIS STORY.

Frank laid on his bed, running his tattooed hands through his hair. Jesus, what a week. He reviewed his findings in his head slowly.

Firstly- Alex dated Gee. Gee's dead. Alex gets shot. Rachel seems... a bit disturbed. Well, from what Ray said, it looks like she's suicidal.

He thought back to the last conversation he ever had with Gerard.

"Hey Frank?" Gerard called, brushing his raven hair away from his eyes.

"Mhmm, Gee?" Frank turned from his computer to see Gerard fondly stroking a small box.

"I'm thinking of, uh, proposing to the girl I love.." He murmured, smiling dreamily.

"Rachel?" Frank grinned wide, Gerard looked happy and seeing Gerard happy made Frank happy.

"Uh... Not exactly..." Gerard sat down, looking at the floor.

"So who then? If she makes you happy, then go for it!"

"My ex... Y'see.. Um... I'm sort of in the situation where, erm, uh, I may have two girlfriends?" Gerard looked up at Frank from the spaces between his long, spidery fingers.

"Ah." Frank was uncomfortable with that knowledge. All he knew was that Gerard was gonna hurt some poor, innocent girl, possibly two.

"Y-you remember my ex-girlfriend, Alex?"

"Oh. Right." Oh yes, Frank remembered her. Alex was.... well, she wasn't the innocent little thing that everyone assumed her to be. Frank bit back the urge to tell Gerard that while he was dating her last time, she had crawled into his bed, and yeah, Frank sort of maybe slept with her.

"Yeah.. She's just..... I'm just not sure, though.." Gerard looked up at the ceiling before slowly pushing himself out of his seat.

"See ya later, Frank." Gerard left the room, Frank still spinning in thought, his emotions toward Alexandra Shadlow pouring from his skin.


Frank shuddered. He closed his eyes and pushed his head further down onto his pillow. He was on much better terms with Alex now, but he still sort of resented her for sleeping with him while dating Gerard. Then again, he only had himself to blame for that, he could've shoved her out of his house, told her that he wasn't interested, but he let her. He let her in. He let her take off her jacket, he let her.. Frank was close to screaming, he just hated everything. He hated himself for, putting it quite blatantly, fucking Alex, he hated Alex for being so fucking..... so fucking okay with the fact that she slept with him while she was in a fucking relationship, he hated Gerard for fucking dying, he hated Gerard's killer for fucking killing him, it was just so fucking confusing. Fumbling in his drawer, Frank searched for a bottle of painkillers. This headache would be the death of him.

//

"Muuuummmmmm!!!" Lacey skipped into the house, followed by a chestnut haired girl.

"Lacey?" Megan looked away from the files she was reading, still stuck on the goddamn Way case. There were no new leads, and the first suspect was being interviewed TOMORROW. Tomorrow is not today and therefore, no new leads are made and no new leads equals a bored and grumpy Megan Hunt.

"I brought a new friend over, is that okay?" Lacey grinned. The girl behind her smiled shyly at Megan, waving slightly.

"That's great, Lace," Megan smiled and ruffled her daughter's hair. "So what's her name?"

"I'm Penina." She slunk forward to shake Megan's hand.

"I'm Megan. I'm a medical examiner," she explained.

"Wicked!! I, uh, I'm sort of interested in stuff like that," Penina admitted.

"Good. Would you two like a rundown of what's happening right now?" Usually, Megan would try and keep her work away from Lacey, keep her in the dark, but something inside of her said that maybe the two teenage girls could help.

"Definitely!" The grins that spread across Lacey and Penina's faces were spectacular, they lit up Megan's study.

"Alright, then. Take a seat," Megan said, laughing quietly. The two girls sat down on Megan's leather sofa.

"So, two days ago, we were called out on a case. Another murder, obviously. We found the victim sprawled on the local cathedral steps. Don't ask me why the murderer picked a cathedral, but yeah. The victim, Gerard Way, was, well, it looks like he was, uh, hung till almost dead, then cut away from the rope, then shot or stabbed. A message was carved into his leg, too. It said 'Catch Me If You Can'. We've learnt that he had a girlfriend who he planned to-" Megan was cut off by her phone vibrating. She read the message, her lips twisting into a cross between a frown and a triumphant smirk.

"Well, I've just got some more information. Would you like to hear it?" Penina and Lacey nodded eagerly, eyes wide.

"Well, we're working with the Jersey team of medical examiners, Gerard was the leader of their team. One of their members, Frank Iero, has just told me that Gerard was, er, cheating on Rachel with one of our team. Lacey, you remember Alex Shadlow?" Lacey nodded. Right on cue, Megan's phone buzzed again.

"Oh crap- girls, I have to go and find out some more information from Frank. I'll be back in about two hours, I'll bring back pizza for dinner. Is that okay? Penina can stay the night if she wants to, Lacey." Megan slid into her coat, kissing the top of Lacey's head. Penina grinned and nodded.

"See you two soon." Megan opened the door and closed it behind her. Standing out the front of her apartment, she thought. She opened the door and popped her head in.

"Or, uh, you two could come with me if you like?"

//

"So, Frank, you have some information for us?" Megan settled herself into the leather seat of the diner. Frank nodded, visibly uneasy with the knowledge laying inside of him.

"Yeah.. I'm not sure it'll help, but it may give us some suspects." Frank looked into the auburn-haired woman's eyes.

"Fire away." She rested her hands in her lap and smiled reassuringly at Frank.

"So, um, Gerard was dating Rachel. You know that. But he was dating Alex too. And the ring- that ring's meant for Alex. Well, that's what he said.. B-but, when he dated Alex before, um, one night she came to my house. She was sorta drunk, y'see, and she asked if she could stay with me for the night. I said yeah, y'know, you let your friends into your house. She asked if she could take off her clothes because they were dripping wet, I said yeah. Turns out it was just her panties that were wet. S-she, uh, she sort of got into my bed and, um, my male instincts took over? To put it lightly, I fucked her. Yeah." Frank ran a trembling hand through his hair. Megan reached over and stroked Frank's cheek lightly.

"So you slept with Alex while she was dating Gerard?" Frank nodded. Guilt hung heavily in the air.

"S-she seduced me.. I-I tried to say no, but y'know..." He made some odd hand gestures. Megan nodded, she knew exactly what Frank was trying to say.

"I know.. I won't hate you for it, I think you're pretty brave for coming out and telling me. We'll take both Alex and Rachel into questioning, along with Tommy DeVito. He knew Gerard, yeah?" Megan asked, smiling softly.

"Yeah. He's a bit weird, in my opinion, but yeah, that's just me," he laughed.

"Woah." Lacey uttered the word quietly, Megan had almost forgotten that she had invited Lacey and Pen along.

"Yeah. Oh, Frank, this is my daughter's friend, Penina." Penina smiled and shook Frank's hand. Lacey leaned over and hugged Frank.

"Hey Penina, hey Lacey," Frank grinned.

"Hi," Penina murmured.

"Anyway. Dinner?" Megan smiled, rubbing the top of Lacey's hand with her thumb.

//

Mikey stood alone in the lab, tears running silently down his pale cheeks. They glimmered silver in the moonlight, what little of it shone through the small window.

"I-I promise to g-get them, Gee... I-I promise to get whoever did this." His voice came out broken and wheezy, gasping for air. He stroked his older brother's hair, letting his tears fall onto the body. It was a heartbreaking sight, to see a young adult mourn the loss of his idol, his best friend, his everything. He would avenge whoever killed his older brother, he absolutely would not let the overwhelming sorrow he felt get in the way of his job.

"Oh, Mikes...." A pair of thin arms wrapped themselves around Mikey's waist. He recognized the voice and kissed Anna's hair, his tears gently wetting her hair.

"It's not your fault, Mikey," Anna whispered, close to tears herself.

"I-I know.. I-I just wished it could've been me instead. I-I know it'd have the s-same f-fucking effect but I wouldn't b-be feeling so b-broken!!" Mikey finally caved in, letting his feelings and tears flood out, his loud sobs wracking his thin body.

"I know, Mikes... But what would I do if you were dead? Where would I be? Imagine how Rachel's feeling.. Imagine her, but me." Anna nuzzled her face into Mikey's shirt, attempting to calm him down.

"O-oh God... R-Ray said s-she w-went suici-" Mikey, like a lot of people that night, was cut off by a thought. He was there when Alex was shot. Mikey remembered seeing a shadow. A shadow with brown and red hair. He pulled away from Anna and sprinted to the bathroom. He didn't even make it to the door. He stopped halfway, standing in reception. His face paled even more. He leant over and vomited on the floor.

"MICHAEL JAMES WAY!" Anna bellowed, running after him. She rubbed his back, looking away, her nose scrunched in disgust.

"I know who shot Alex." Mikey wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, then looked down at Anna.

"Who?"

"Rachel Carling."

//

The next day, Aednat slowly walked into the lab, gnawing on her lip.

"Guys?" Both teams of medical examiners looked up when Aednat spoke.

"As you all know, Alex got shot, yeah?" Everyone nodded.

"She... She.... She didn't make it."

A/N: In the first version of this, Alex died. Then I made her live. Then I made her die again. Sorry.
Sign up to rate and review this story