Categories > Games > World of Warcraft > Tej'lie

Two

by Keyboard 0 reviews

The walls of the heart sometimes just need a little nudge to crumble.

Category: World of Warcraft - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 2622 words - Complete

0Unrated
Tej'lie blinked at the priest confused by his urgency, she bent down and passed the energy she had built up ebb into the floorboards. Which went straight to the protection seals that were scribed on the walls and ceiling of her house. "Change and come back in da mornin," she responded and swung the door close.

A large hoof stopped the door from closing, she glanced at the well maintained hoof that had a polished sheen to it. "I have no other clothing," he stated shamefully. "Please, I will be forever in your dept. I am to meet Velen himself tomorrow," his luminescent blue eyes glowed a bit brighter at the mention of the great prophet's name. "I had to travel quickly and very light."

The troll wanted nothing to do with this mishap nor did she feel like mending robes this late. Most priests had a few robes on hand, they were the first to be vomited or bled on. She also noted he didn't even carry a travel pack, instead a stringed instrument was there, she wrestled with her logic and emotions.

"I bent over to aid a child, who had tripped and skinned her knee. My pants and robe both tore," the hue in his cheeks deepened as he cleared his throat before continuing. "Thus exposing my backside."

Tej'lie's jaw dropped open for a moment, she stepped away from the door and allowed the priest into the shop. She couldn't have the priestly butt exposed when he was to meet such an important person in his culture. She moved behind the counter and opened a panel divider that had a cream colored linen attached to the delicate frame, a detailed picture of a golden bloom embroidered on it. She made a small changing station between the wall and her loom.

"May the Light bless you," he said most humbly yet cheerfully as he shut the door behind him. He freed the lute from his back and leaned it against the counter as she worked on the screen.
She lit a few candles that were staged on a dark chair rail, she stepped out of the confining space. "Undress, I get ya something ta wear." The draenei wiggled behind the panel his thick tail bumped against the frame, he grabbed the divider before it could even act like it was falling. She turned away when he started pulling free his belt. She busied herself by rummaging through a few large chests she had stuffed under the counter. Nothing she found would fit his larger frame, she drummed her fingers on the top of the last trunk. Her eyes went to the row of drawers built into the wall flanking the door. She moved to them and started digging in them.

She freed a black and silver robe she had been hunting for, she turned and shoved the drawer shut with her heel. Her eyes landed on the well toned back, she swallowed as she watched the priest's muscles ripple under the taunt flesh. Tan hair hung to the middle of his back held in place by a gold clip. She licked her lips, a small voice screaming in the back of her mind to stop staring. Yet, she couldn't seem to physically remove her gaze from the other. Tej'lie's heart was racing by the time she finally was able to listen to her logical side, she even stepped to the side to allow the panel to block her view. She would sneak a peek again if given the chance. She put the garment on the top of the divider and took his white and blue robe to her workbench.

The seams were made by a hurried hand and set up to fail, she found several spots where the stitching were coming undone. If she were a terrible person, she would only repair the hole and leave him for future wardrobe malfunctions. Alas, she was a honest worker and took pride in what she did, she wasn't going to give a priest a inadequate repair. Doing it right would more than likely take most of the night.

"Is it repairable?" He asked, stepping from behind the panel tying the sash around his waist.
The hem reached slightly below his knees showing off the odd bend in his legs perfectly. She was use to seeing it in the furry tauren, his was strangely and very arousing sort of different. She wanted to touch and feel the muscles flexing under her fingertips.

The dark fabric contrasted his light toned skin, it almost clashed with the golden bands on the four tendrils...things that graced his strong jaw. At first she was unnerved by those odd appendages, tonight for some reason they added to the exotic appearance. She shook her head to dislodge the random thoughts. "Weh, it take a while is all," she waved a hand toward the fireplace. "Tea can be made, if ya like."

"Thank you," he wandered off to the other side of the shop while Tej'lie started working on his well worn robes. He lifted the top of the kettle and frowned. "Where is some water?" The troll shut her eyes, her procrastination had kicked her in the butt. She started to rise to fetch it, his large hands gestured for her to stay put. "I'll get it, just tell me where you keep it."
She blinked at him in surprise, she had not run into a male who would do such a thing for himself. "Da barrel is on da side of da house," she pointed to the wall. He gave a nod and carried the kettle outside to fill it. She glanced up when he entered again, she gave him a small smile as he headed to the fireplace. He balanced the pot on the hook. "Ya seem ta know ya way around da fire."

He made a humming sound that caused goose bumps to run over her entire body. "Sterilizing and heating comes with the territory, so I have had much practice in the art." He glanced at her as he rose from his knee and slipped into the chair. He shifted slightly to give his tail enough room without pinching, it didn't have the normal slot in the back to give it proper room.
Tej'lie fought for control of her rash hormones as she continued to stitch the garment. Her logical side was trying to come with something intelligence to say. "F'sure," she cleared her throat and drew on the fact most people loved to talk about themselves. "So what made ya want ta become a priest?"

"I have a deep rooted need to help people. After I woke up after the crash there was such a huge need for healers, I could not see myself doing anything but. There is so much hate and pain that rests upon this whole world, there needs to be more love and compassion between all people." He paused for a bit leaning his elbow on the arm of the chair.

She grunted in agreement, she was more than likely not helping the bring compassion to the world in had once upon a time, she loved her tribe so very much. She would aid anyone in need with all she had in her. That was before hard lessons taught her to hardened her heart toward people in general. It was amazing how he had seen suffering and found such humility to bring comfort. She knew first hand that such people were the real hero's. She had the unfortunate need for such a person in the tribe after her first dealing with a rough male. Tej'lie shivered in disgust at the thought and focused once again on her work. If anything she gained from the experience was not to trust anything male.

"You disagree?"

Tej'lie shook her head and their gazes met for a long heart stopping moment. "Nah, I d'inkin' dere should be more like ya 'round in fact," She glanced away afraid she would spoil him with all those naughty thoughts brewing inside her skull. He seemed so pure in spirit and she so dirty, she knew he wouldn't event think of such things as she had been. "I admire ya diligence as does all dose ya help, I wager."

"Glesig," he said with a warm smile on his lips.

"Huh?"

"My name it is Glesig," he clarified.

"Oh," she said shifting on the stool she was perched on. "Tej'lie."

"It is nice to formally meet you."

She gave him a strained smile and he turned to pot that was rumbling with boiling water. He reached up and pulled two mugs from the mantel and added tea leaves to both before pouring the hot water in them. "What of you? What brought you to choose such a class."

The troll's mind stilled at the loaded question. It was an accident that brought her down the path of the mage, she was defending herself from a male in the tribe and she frosted his feet to the floor. It made for a quick and easy escape, it wasn't a tale she wanted him to know. More than likely the story he had heard to much in his work. "Can't control da power of da shaman, got burned plenty times. Da water element called ta me, dough, could freeze without training. Momma let me study wif a mage in Origrimmar." The others were very unhappy that she had had such uncontrolled powers and she was not stopped by the male who had tried to claim her.

He smiled at her knowing there was more she wasn't telling, he didn't pry. "I have heard of such talents as if the elements or magic's choose them instead of the other way around." She nodded at this, for her it was how it had been. He tended to the tea, filtering out the leaves before bringing it to her and sat it on the surface of her workbench. He picked up the lute before returning to the chair. His practiced fingers strummed the strings in a peaceful melody.

The mood wasn't strained between the pair, which the mage found almost difficult to swallow. She had always been so tense around any male that tried to near her. "Why dis prophet coming ta Shattrah, I dought he was da draenei city." Not that she had ever met the Vol'jin, she had gained audience with the Thrall only once.

"He is there," he answered the music not stalling. "I have met him once, but his busy schedule doesn't allow for random meetings of lowly priests like myself." He paused for a moment. "He is taking a tour of the city in the morning and giving a speech before being whisked away again."

"Weh, f'sure," she whispered, threading her needle with practiced ease. She didn't think she would go out of her way to see or hear any of the leaders of the horde. She didn't believe in them all that much, they had little use for her and she for them. "It be most uplifting, f'sure."

"You should come with me," he stated his fingers stilling over the strings. Her gaze snapped to his face, her own work stalled at the invitation. "To listen to the prophets words. All can benefit from his wisdom."

"Nah," she said, she didn't need more empty promises in her life. "I stick ta da hard truths in life."

"Which are?" He started creating that sweet melody again.

"Everyone and everything is made ta take advantage, if a body not careful," she answered, he hit a sour note in the music at the tone of bitterness in her voice.

He stilled it with the palm of his hand, he stared at the floor for a long while. "I'll tell you a secret," she shrugged her shoulders. "When I woke up I hated anyone beyond my own people, I had such a hard time with my faith in the Holy Light. How could something like that happen to the believers? It was only than the priest at the crash site uttered a truth that stunned me. It is still true this day. He said: 'Life is hard, my friend, because it is the greatest teacher. It is only through the heat of adversity that we are forged through the change and grow stronger into the jewel we were meant to be.'"

Glesig put his lute aside and moved toward the troll. "We are being prepared for what is to come. The future is not for the faint of heart," his strong hand rested on her arm, her scarlet eyes rose to meet his. "If the heart is faint than there is no hope for the people of this world." He squeezed her forearm for a moment, he dropped to a knee. "Sometimes life doesn't slow down to give time for meditations to find the lessons that it was intended." Tears formed in his eyes and threatened to spill over. "I am strong, Tej'lie, lay your burdens upon me. It is through sharing that such things can be found, let me shoulder your anguish for a bit."

Tej'lie felt her own emotions stirring with his beautiful words, she knew it was coming straight from his heart. Her hand covered his for as she struggled with all of it. "I can't do dat ta ya, Glesig."

"I do it happily, my friend. Let me do this for you, I see that my horrific experience happened for a reason. We were meant to meet and aid each other."

Tej'lie couldn't deny these words, she felt as if she had to stay awake earilier. She couldn't believe such good could happen to her. She lowered her head slightly, she took a deep breath everything spilt out of her in a rush that it made her a little dizzy. From the rape and all the things she had felt forever ashamed of after that because she thought she had to. He didn't move even after she fell silent. "Ya must d'ink me bad voodoo."

"No," he whispered sniffing and wiped a tear from his cheek. "You are incredible strong to have endured all that by yourself."

"Nah, I d'ink ya da one wif da strength ta get me ta talk 'bout it. Only two o'ers know."

"No one will hear it from my lips, I swear," he sealed the vow with a kiss on her knuckles.

Tej'lie believed him, something about him just made her trust him. She wrapped her arms around him, her forehead rested upon his shoulder. His strong arms encircled her thin form, she didn't feel him tense or uncomfortable in any way. Her body felt drained like she had been shooting frost bolts for a month non stop, her soul felt a little lighter. "D'ank you," she finally whispered.

The two separated, the bond they had formed in that moment would never be severed. They had revealed the most deepest darkest part of themselves. Such a thing wasn't to be taken lightly, they would shoulder that burden until the day they died. Still, they both were willing to do it for the other. "I better get a sewin' if ya ta look presentable in da mornin."

"You are always welcomed at my fire, Tej'lie. I don't know why I must say this, but it is done. I would proudly walk beside you."

It took a long time for her to wrap her head around what he was saying. It was a beautiful idea and easily said in the confined of a private shop. Deep inside her she had a suspicion he would live up to that. "Da same for ya, Glesig."
Sign up to rate and review this story