Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Schizophrenic Nightmare

Schizophrenic Nightmare

by M_Courtney_R 2 reviews

Gerard Way has schizophrenia. He sees things that aren't there. One day, his family take him to a doctor. Gerard doesn't understand why they give him the pills, why they tell him it'll help. All ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-08-17 - Updated: 2012-08-17 - 804 words

2Exciting
October 3rd 1999
2:57PM

Every child has or have had an imaginary friend at some point in their life. 7 year old Gerard Way is no different.

Gerard is stood in the old wooden treehouse, his father made for him and his younger brother Mikey last year, his black hair whipping around his small pale face, a perfect contrast. His hazel eyes are wide with fear, Frank wouldn't make him do anything that could possibly harm him would he? Frank and Gerard had been best friends since Gerard met him at the young age of 5, they'd known each other for 2 years now. Since then Frank had forever been getting Gerard into trouble, yet when Gerard tried to explain that Frank had told him to do it his parents would just shout at him saying that he was to old for imaginary friends. But Frank wasn't imaginary atleast not to Gerard. Today was just like every other day, Frank had told Gerard to do something and like a good best friend Gerard had decided that he would, only now he was scared. This wasn't like last time, when they went mattress surfing down the stairs, this was serious Gerard could die. Frank wanted him to jump out of the treehouse instead of climbing down like any sane person would do. The drop was about 4 metre's. Not alot but for someone as small and fragile as Gerard that 4 metre drop could be really dangerous if he didn't land it correctly. But what Frank wanted Frank usually got.

Gerard took a deep breath, closed his eyes and jumped...

Those few seconds before Gerard hit the ground were the best of his life. Frank was shouting at him, telling him how amazing he was and how proud he should be and he did he felt proud. Gerard loved the feeling of the wind through his hair, those few moments were perfect. But then came the landing the hardest part...

The sickening crunch was so loud, Gerard was sure it could be heard for miles. The ringing in his ears was loud enough to block out most sounds so when he turned his head towards the muffled shouts all he could see was his parents running towards him their mouths moving, he couldn't hear what they were saying to him and that's when he felt it, that searing pain ripping through his left arm like a bullet through a heart. His ears popped and he could finally hear, but the words sickened him as much as the pain. 'My son, just tried to commit sucicide.' He screamed and screamed and screamed until his vocal chords were sore and he passed out, the last sound he heard was the sirens blasting out loud and clear from the ambulance he was been lifted into and Frank laughing from somewhere nearby.

Gerard was unconcious, passed out on a stretcher in the back of an ambulance, he couldn't see anything and he couldn't open his eyes. All he could see was Frank, in his mind. Laughing as Gerard fell to his doom, the pain in his right arm was now no more then a dull ache. Which could only mean one thing, they had injected him. They had stuck a needle in him and they hadn't told him. Gerard could feel his heart begin to beat rapidly, the shock was enough to wake him. He sat up in and screamed, the paramedic turned around to face Gerard.
"Your okay, you here now. We'll take good care of you." she said, terror present in her voice and in her eyes which were partially covered by her long blonde hair. It was obvious she was new to the job, this thought just scared Gerard even more some newbie has stuck a needle into his body. Gerard continued to scream ignoring the Paramedic's comforting words.
"Is it the pain, does your arm still hurt, Gerard? I can give you another small dose of painkillers if you really need them." She stated. Gerards vocal chords were sore as much as he would of like to have continued screaming he couldn't. The Paramedic seeing his discomfort handed him a small glass of water, which Gerard greedily gulped down.
"Right, now that you've stopped screaming would you care to explain whats wrong because if it's the pain i'm sure I can give you another small injection." She stated. Gerard had to force himself not to scream at the thought of the cold metal head of the needle been pushed into his veins.
"I don't like needles. In fact I hate needles, the pain is fine." Gerard stated, the nurse nodded.

The ambulance stopped outside of the hospital and Gerard was carried out on the stretcher.

I know that this chapter is only short, but it's an itroduction. Rate and Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story