Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

There's Someone Out There Who Feels Just Like Me

by moocow 3 reviews

Things get terribly sad for both sides of the story. Lizzie gets surprize visitors, and Pete gets a surprizing in the pit of his stomach, one that leads him to tears and a bottle of Ativan clutched...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-13 - Updated: 2006-07-13 - 2299 words

1Moving
evie says: omg. seriously. you will need tissues. It made me cry while I wrote it, so yeah...it's really deep and it gives you a look into what depression and angst really feels like.


Chapter 8- There's Someone Out There Who Feels Just Like Me

Winter quickly faded almost as fast as it came, and with every day that passed, Lizzie's heart grew more and more heavy, knowing very well that each day Pete could be forgetting her. She watched the snow melt away, and the weather change from a bitter cold to breezy winds. The daisies were springing up all over her front yard and when she felt up to it, Lizzie would watch from the porch as the wind swayed them from side to side. It was getting closer and closer to her birthday, Valentines Day, which she knew was also the night of the show. Lately Lizzie always found herself just sitting down in the basement, at the piano bench, staring at the keys until she had to go to work. Upon arriving home, she would go upstairs to her room and fall asleep to their music softly playing in the background. Life had gotten quite...boring to say the least.

"This vacation's useless
These white pills aren't kind
I've given a lot of thought on this 13-hour drive
I miss the grinding concrete where we sat past 8 or 9
And slowly finished laughing in the glow of our headlights
I've given a lot of thought to the nights we use to have
The days have come and gone
Our lives went by so fast
I faintly remember breathing on your bedroom floor
Where I laid and told you, but you sweared you loved me more"


Touring had done a lot to the band. Being cramped up in a tour bus at mass amounts at a time really messes up your head. The boys were playing video games in the lounge area while Pete stayed locked up in the back bunks watching as the familiar streets past by. They were nearing one of their last shows, the one in home sweet home. Tomorrow was Lizzie's birthday as well as the show and Pete still wasn't sure what it was going to be like when he saw her. Things were changing everyday, and he noticed. Lizzie wasn't calling the others as much and always heard Patrick leaving voice mails, that in fact, never got returned. Much to Pete's disapproval, Joe suggested that they go and surprise Lizzie at her home; it would be easy because she still lived where she did. After whining and complaining, Patrick finally convinced Pete to suck it up and see her, because apparently he was "breaking her heart".
Lizzie is a tough girl, she can get over it...
The streets started to become more and more familiar and soon Pete saw the giant cork tree that stood shading the neighborhood park.
I hope she is ok...

"Do you care if I, don't know what to say
Will you sleep tonight? Will you think of me?
Will I shake this off; pretend its all ok,
That's there's someone out there, who feels like just like me, there is"


Lizzie felt the depression seeming through her body each and every day it neared closer and closer to her birthday. It was hard, living with out anybody and it would be harder seeing the boys tomorrow, she promised. And Patrick had even sent her a backstage pass. Lizzie was so close to backing out. She hadn't talked to any of them in almost a month, and even though she missed them, she was stubborn. Yet again, she found herself sitting on the piano bench staring at the dust that had started to collect. She must have dozed off however, because she woke up to a sound she thought was one of the stairs creaking. When she whipped her head around, she didn't see anybody. Suddenly, she craved some yogurt, and it made her heart wrench. Every little thing she was so used to doing, reminded her of Pete. Her entire home screamed him, that's just how often he was over. When she started to make her venture back downstairs to the basement, yogurt in her hand, she saw a two familiar heads sitting at the piano bench. When one turned, Lizzie couldn't help but widen her eyes.
"Geeze Lizzie, we get you a piano and you don't even play?" Patrick paused and ran his fingers over one of the keys. "It's gathering dust!" Sierra giggled from next to him and poked him.
"Patrick, what the hell are you doing in my basement? And how the hell did you get in?" Lizzie hissed, now running over to them. Patrick laughed and stood up, gathering her into a light hug.
"Missed you too, Lizzie," he paused and shook his head. "You really need to lock your basement door," Lizzie rolled her eyes and scooped another spoonful of her yogurt.
"Dare I ask where the others are?" she asked once she had swallowed. She watched as Sierra stood up and grabbed Patrick's hand.
"We should leave you two alone," Lizzie raised an eyebrow and turned to watch them disappear up the stairs. When Lizzie turned back, she bumped into an oh-so familiar chest. Looking up slowly, she noticed she was being stared down by his brown eyes. Lizzie blinked once and let her mouth hang open slightly. Gulping, she watched as his hand rose and wiped a bit of yogurt that gathered at the corner of her mouth. He placed it back to his mouth and licked it off.
"Strawberry..." Pete whispered and Lizzie breathed out. "Lizzie," he spoke her name and she shook her head.
"Pete...I..." she was lost for words. In all the years, Lizzie always had something witty to say back to him, but for once, his mysterious and sly ways had caught her off guard.
"Keep quiet," he muttered and slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her to him in a light hug. Lizzie placed the yogurt container on the table that was conveniently placed next to them and raised her hands to his shoulders before wrapping them completely around his neck.
"Nothing will ever come as easy as you, Lizzie," Pete held her closer and he heard the sniff, and knew the tears were threatening to come out of her eyes. Lizzie closed her eyes tight and stepped up onto her tippy-toes to hold onto Pete tighter.
"I'm so sorry," she whispered and Pete pulled back, his hands lightly resting on her waist.
"For what?" he asked slowly. Lizzie stepped back from his grasp and her hands rose gripping the friendship ring he had given to her one night. She brought it to her lips and closed her eyes briefly before placing it in Pete's hand. A confused look started to develop on his face and Lizzie sighed.
"I can't do this anymore, Pete," she whispered and the tears really did start to flow. Pete widened his eyes but at the same time, he suddenly felt his heart start to break.
Why does this hurt more than it when I got dumped by my girlfriends?
/Because you love her, you idiot.../
Pete shook his head and watched as Lizzie looked down.
"Lizzie, please don't do this," he said, shocked by his own pleading voice.
"Why shouldn't I?" Lizzie flicked her gaze up to his confused composure.
"Because I can't live without you," Pete spoke softly and Lizzie shook her head, her dark brown curls falling in her face.
"You should have told me that a long time ago, Pete," Pete felt the tears glaze over his eyes, stinging the corners.
"Lizzie, you're my..." Lizzie shook her head more violently.
"Your best friend?! I don't care anymore Pete!" she screeched and turned her head, biting her lip and continued to let the tears run down her face, staining her cheeks in a dull grey due to her eyeliner. They dropped off her chin and hit the white carpet, dampening it slightly. Pete bit his quivering lip, forcing the tears back.
"Lizzie," he sobbed and she slowly raised her eyes to meet his own.
"Pete, please, just leave," Lizzie breathed out and turned completely around. She closed her eyes as she heard his light footsteps mush against the carpeted floor and his light scent of vanilla mixed with axe and the rain from outside swept by her. That would be the last thing she would have to remember him by.

"Those notes you wrote me, I've kept them all
I've given a lot of thought on how to write you back this fall
With every single letter in every single word
There'll be a hidden message, about a boy that loves a girl"


Joe, Andy, Patrick and Sierra all watched as the one man they thought was strong and arrogant cross the living room, tears running down his face. Their heads all followed his figure shakily turn the knob on the door and walk out. Patrick turned to Sierra and she nodded, standing to find Lizzie. Joe looked at Patrick and Andy.
"Where would he be going?" he asked and they both shrugged.
"We will have to wait," Patrick muttered, clutching his phone in his hand.

"Three years now?" Pete asked from Lizzie's bedroom floor. He was lying flat on her plush rug that was crooked on her wooden floor. Lizzie smiled from where she sat Indian style on the edge of the bed and nodded.
"A three year friendship, never done before...by me at least," she breathed and Pete smiled, tracing weird patterns on the rug.
"Then can I tell you I love you, B F F?" Pete asked, his eyes flicking back to where Lizzie sat. She lightly smiled with a light tint to her cheeks and nodded her head.
"I swear, I love you more," she spoke and Pete smirked.
"Why? There is no way," Pete sat up and made his way over to her, sitting next to her. Lizzie flipped her wrists over and looked up at Pete.
"I love you more because you saved me from myself," she whispered and Pete simply looked down at her scars, slightly rubbing his fingertips over them. Smiling, he looked back up at her and pulled her into a hug.
"Thank you," he whispered and Lizzie smiled, knowing what was to come of this.
"For what, Pete?" she asked sweetly and she heard him smirk.
"For being my best friend," leaning back slightly, he kissed her cheek and watched as she smiled, sitting back down facing him.
"How did I know that was coming?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow and Pete shrugged.
"I can't get enough of telling you that because it's true...I don't know where I'd be without you, Lizzie, my best friend, my buddy, my lovely piece of pie," Pete smiled as she poked him.
"Friends forever, right Pete?" she asked looking at her friendship ring. Pete flashed his ring.
"Friends forever,"


Pete flickered his eyes back open. The car was still running and he shook his head, realizing he must have dozed off. Pete had walked all the way back home, well; it wasn't that far, he just hoped over the back wall of Lizzie's and landed in his backyard. He then proceeded to get his car and drive off to some deserted place to think. The haunts of how it used to be kept Pete thinking back of when he and Lizzie were always smiling, sharing special moments, when they really did show that they were loving friends.
We were so infatuated with each other...
/You were in love with each other/
Pete sighed and looked over into the passenger seat where his bottle of prescription Ativan sat, almost staring him down. Pete took his hands from behind his head and slowly reached out for it. He paused momentarily when he heard the train tracks from not too far away.
I usually take two, what would four or five...or maybe ten do?
/You're not seriously thinking about doing that, are you?/
Pete crammed his eyes shut and shook his head, hair falling in his face. When he opened them, he already had the bottle in one hand, his phone in the other. Breathing out, he dialed the first number that came to mind. The first thing he heard was a ringing and then it went straight to her voice mail.
She ignored my call
/You broke her heart/
Pete got back into reality as he heard the beep run through his ears.
"Liz...I don't care what you said...I love you, don't forget that, because I don't know when it will be the next time you hear my voice..." Pete shook suddenly and ended the message with a shaky sigh. Next was Patrick. He too didn't answer his phone.
"Pat, I'm somewhere by the train tracks...please take care of Lizzie, make sure she finds somebody that will treat her better than me, somebody who will realize just what she does to his heart before she gives up," Pete let the phone drop from his hand. While the tears slowly started to blur his vision, he popped open the bottle and poured the rest of the contents into his hand. Not caring how many were there he crammed them all into his mouth. As soon as the blackness started to add to the blur from the tears, he saw his phone light up.
Patrick

"Do you care if I, don't know what to say
Will you sleep tonight? Will you think of me?
Will I shake this off; pretend its all ok,
That's there's someone out there, who feels like just like me, there is"
Sign up to rate and review this story