Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Where Are You Now?

by moocow 3 reviews

Lizzie feels the pain of being forgotten in the world of Peter Wentz. But Pete feels the pain of losing the one thing that kept him happy.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-12 - Updated: 2006-07-12 - 873 words

1Moving
Chapter 7-Where Are You Now?

"This is morning
That's when I spend the most time
Thinking 'bout what I've given up
This is a warning
When you start the day just to close the curtains
You're thinking 'bout what I've given up"

Please take this and listen to it. We're finally doing what we dreamed of Lizzie, and it sucks that you can't be by our side and watch it happen. I'm gonna miss your hugs after shows. But there's more than a CD in the package, a concert ticket. Our last show is on your birthday, ironically enough, Valentines Day. So, despite the situation with Pete, come out and enjoy the show.
-Patrick, Joe and Andy...sorry, Pete doesn't know we are sending this.


Lizzie did what she was told. She listened to the whole album, memorizing every guitar riff, every deep note of the bass line and every pound and beat of the drums. Lizzie couldn't help but hear some of the lines she had helped Pete write. She opened up the CD case again and looked at the lyrics. Sure enough, she saw her line.
"So make my bed the grave and shovel dirt onto my sheets"
She let her eyes skim over the others and stopped on the dedication. Her smile quickly faded when her name was not mentioned.
I shouldn't care...I'm not that big of a deal...
Lizzie leaned back at let the last song near its end.
"Take this to your grave...and I'll take it to mine,"
She had heard it in the background, she knew it was Pete singing it and she flatly smiled. She really did miss him, but she knew she would have to move on. The guys had already been gone for two months recording and now they were going to be gone for another three. Lizzie truly didn't know what to do. All she had as company was Sierra, which she decided to call. It rang all the way to the answering machine.
"Hey, this is Sierra...I won't be home for a long time, cause...I'M ON TOUR WITH FALL OUT BOY, BABY!"
Lizzie hung up; they take Sierra but not her?
But then again, Patrick probably invited her...they are going out; I'm just a friend...
She stepped out to feel a snowflake hit her bare feet. Looking up and around her, she saw the ground slowly starting to turn white. The snow came down a little faster and Lizzie smiled, pulling out her cell phone. She text Pat: It's snowing. After sitting on her trampoline, and getting cozy, she felt her phone vibrate against her leg.
Really? Man...I wish it would snow here, we are in California, getting ready to release the album...
Lizzie smiled.
Have fun on tour...take care of Pete, you guys are all he has now...
Lizzie didn't get a reply. She never did, not to any of her voice mails left on Patrick's cell or text messages. She figured they were busy and just gave up.

"Where are you now?
As I'm swimming through the stereo
I'm writing you a symphony of sound
Where are you now?
As I rearrange the songs again
This mix could burn a hole in anyone
But it was you I was thinking of"


Pete sat in the backstage room staring off into space. His thoughts were driving him insane quicker than Joe's nervous pacing, that was currently the only sound in the room. He blinked hearing the steps he took, scampering across the ground and every once and a while mumbling something Pete didn't really hear. He turned his head to see Patrick tuning his guitar, one eyebrow arched, listening inventively. Tonight was the big night, but it felt like any other show the guys had done to Pete. To tell you the truth, he knew something, more like somebody was missing. Watching as Sierra entered the back room and crossed to sit next to Patrick, Pete sighed and plucked one of his bass strings on his bass, the one Lizzie had gotten him for Christmas one year.
Why does everything seem to remind me of her?
When Pete looked back up he saw Patrick and Sierra sharing a small kiss. It was interrupted however by the stage crew telling them they were on. Pete smiled; knowing playing with his band, listening to the words he wrote be sung to the audience would be his only form of comfort for a long time.
Maybe I should have made it so I could see her before her birthday...

"I read your letter
The one you left when you broke into my house
Retracing every step you made
And you said you meant it
And there's a piece of me in every single
Second of every single day
But if it's true then tell me how it got this way"


It was going to be a long three months...for both of them

"As I'm cutting through you track by track
I swear to God this mix could sink the sun
But it was you I was thinking of
And this is my mixed tape for her
It's like I wrote every note
With my own fingers..."
Sign up to rate and review this story