Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Love Will Tear Us Apart

by moocow 5 reviews

*WARNING: Tearjerker* It's a bad day for Lizzie, finding herself alone, yet again. Patrick does'nt know what to do with the problem he learns of between Lizzie and Pete and decides to sit out for ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-11 - Updated: 2006-07-11 - 1844 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6- Love Will Tear Us Apart

"When routine bites hard
and ambitions are low
And resentment rides high
but emotion won't go
And we're changing our ways,
taking different roads"


Patrick was half asleep in his own hotel room when he heard a knock at the door. Dragging himself out of the bed, he opened it up without caring how bad he looked at the moment. When he placed his glasses on and when his vision got better, he saw Pete with his bass case and a few papers.
"Whoa, when did you get back?" he asked letting him in.
"An hour ago. I wrote a new song on the way back, and by the way, don't ask why I'm back so early, I just want to do this album," Pete sat down on the couch and got out his bass, placing it in his lap. Patrick shrugged and walked back into his room and pulled a t-shirt on before grabbing his guitar.
"So what do you have this time?" Patrick asked as he sat on the coffee table in front of the exhausted looking Pete. He shoved the jumbled pieces of paper at his friend and Patrick had to regroup to get them in order. Picking one up, he read the first few lines.
"What happened with you and Lizzie?" Pete scowled.
"It's nothing important, just tell me if it can be put to music," Patrick widened his eyes at his demanding friend and looked back to the lyrics. Pushing up his glasses he glanced over the rest.
"And when it all goes to hell, will you be able to tell me you're sorry with a straight face?"
Patrick raised an eyebrow.
What the hell happened?
/"I'm all ears and I'm all scars to hear you tell me "Boy's like you, you try so hard, to look not quite as desperate". I'm hanging up but I still know the way to make your makeup run"/
Patrick forced a grim smile compared to a frown, in knowing it would upset Pete. Gulping Patrick gave back the lyrics.
"We could work something out and put it on the album last minute," he mentioned and Pete nodded his head forcefully and looked down, an angry disposition still lingering in his eyes.
I have a strange feeling we might not be seeing Lizzie so often anymore...

"Love, Love will tear us apart..."

The paper was tear-stained by the time Lizzie was done reading the note Pete had left her. She sniffed and read it again, this time slower to try and catch any sympathy.

Li- Elizabeth-
I'm sorry about earlier, but then again I don't know what pissed you off so much. I'm taking the red eye back to the studio in hopes of finishing the record by next month. We won't be home for Christmas. Or at least I know I won't. After this record, we are going on tour probably up to your birthday, so I don't know when we will see each other again. Might not be for a while, I have a lot to do at home as well. I'll talk to you when I can.
Peter


Lizzie shook her head when her phone started beeping. She looked outside, it was afternoon, around four so she answered without looking at her caller ID.
"Lizzie?" she heard Patrick's worried voice ring down the line. Sniffing slightly and wiping her nose with a tissue, Lizzie responded.
"Patrick..." she heard him sigh before continuing.
"Liz, are you ok? Pete seems angry with himself, and when I ask he yells, a lot. I'm thinking something happened," Lizzie held her breath for a moment.
"Pat...am I on speaker phone?" Patrick laughed slightly.
"Don't worry, I'm alone," Lizzie sighed before continuing.
"Pete tried to kiss me, but it was just the look in his eyes...he didn't seem too genuine about it," she heard Patrick rustling about and let herself slump against her door. "I didn't get it...I was confused so I ran, I'm a fool, Pat, I made a complete fool of myself, and now...with this note he left me," Patrick interrupted her.
"What note?" Lizzie sighed and read it to him.
"It's crazy..."
"Lizzie, he seems really upset," Lizzie scoffed.
"Well, he should be...if Pete knew I liked him he wouldn't be messing around with my emotions! It's been going on for a while now," Lizzie paused. "I can see it in his eyes...he likes to taunt and tease me," she heard Patrick messing around with his guitar.
"Liz, this is crazy. Pete's actions are going to tear us apart...Pete is who keeps the rest of us tied to you," Lizzie lightly smiled but felt a few tears come running down her face,
"Love will tear us apart..." she whispered. Patrick let a grim look come across his face.
"Liz, don't talk like that..." Patrick was scared now.
"Patrick, if Pete doesn't want to see me, which it's obvious that he doesn't want to, it's ok," Patrick ran a hand over his face and Lizzie just sank down her door and sat on the ground.
"I'm gonna keep calling you, even if Pete gets mad at me...even if you were Pete's best friend first, your mine too," Lizzie lightly smiled.
"Thanks Pat," she paused. "Since I won't be hearing from Pete in a long time, can you make sure he is ok?" Patrick heard the sob in her voice and it crack at the end, with a hiccup following. Suddenly, he felt like a question had to be asked.
"Do you hate Pete now?" he heard Lizzie sigh.
"Maybe...just, I never realized how much of a heartbreaker he was," Patrick frowned and put his guitar down. Staring at is phone that was on speaker phone he sighed.
"Don't let it get to you that badly, Lizzie...even if Pete wants to stay away from you, we can't afford to lose you,"
"Bye Pat," before Patrick even opened his mouth; he heard the dial-tone and shook his head.
"So, I'm a heartbreaker ehh?" Patrick widened his eyes and slowly raised his head to see Pete with a sorrow filled expression.
"Pete...how long have you been there?" Patrick asked and Pete sighed sitting down in the couch across from him.
"From 'Pat, am I on speaker phone?'" Patrick shook his head.
"Pete...I'm truly disappointed in you," Pete let a frown develop on his lips and looked away, crossing his arms. "I'm sure Lizzie is too, even if she didn't say it," Pete shook his head.
"I don't care about Lizzie. I just want to get recording. We have to start putting music to these words tomorrow," Patrick sighed.
"Yeah...can't wait," Patrick lifted his gaze to see Pete's eyes starting to glaze over. Knowing Pete would want to be alone, he excused himself and walked into his own room in the hotel.

"Why is the bedroom so cold
turned away on your side?
Is my timing that flawed,
our respect run so dry?
Yet there's still this appeal
that we've kept through our lives"


Pete sat outside the recording booth as he heard Patrick singing the words that he wrote. Pete had been quiet the whole day, thinking about everything from the new album to back at home.
Lizzie
Pete shook his head. He knew that Lizzie was hurt.
Maybe I should just stay away from her, that way I can't hurt her again...
Andy looked over to see Pete changing facial expressions with every thought that crossed his mind.
"Dude, are you ok?" Joe looked over when Andy said this and noticed the distance and saddened look in his friend's expression.
"No. But it's not important," he mumbled and Andy looked at Joe with a questionable look. He just shrugged and leaned his chair back further.
"Leave him be...it's easier if we just let him think it threw," Pete over heard his friends talking and let his eyes droop in a pitiful way.
Lizzie...

Lizzie sat on her piano bench just staring at the keys. For the first time in months she had no desire to play. There was no point. The only person that ever encouraged her to play never wanted to see her again. Closing her eyes, she listened as the rain outside lightly hit the windows of the basement. The whole room smelt of vanilla which made Lizzie want to cry, it reminded her of him.
Pete
Lizzie opened her eyes to see Sierra standing behind the piano, her arms crossed on top of it.
Maybe I should just push him away, that way he can't hurt me again...
She sighed and left her heart feeling quite heavy.
"Liz, are you ok?" Lizzie looked back up at her friend and shrugged.
"No. But it's not important," she mumbled. Sierra sighed and shook her head.
"You sound like Pe..." Lizzie shot her head up with a death glare.
"Don't," she paused and shook her head. "I'm sorry Sierra; I just would rather be left alone for right now," she watched as Sierra frowned and shrugged, walking back up the stairs and leaving through the basement door. Looking up, Lizzie let a tear fall down her cheek.
Pete...

"Lizzie," Lizzie turned to face Pete. They were both lying on her trampoline at night, it was two days before her birthday and it was still snowing. The tramp was clean however and they both wanted to watch the stars.
"Yes Pete?" she answered and he tore his gaze away from the midnight sky to look at her. Their faces were close and Pete had to smile at it. Lizzie smiled back and Pete spoke.
"Can you make a promise?" he asked in a whisper. Lizzie nodded her head and watched as Pete's smile grew. "Promise me that we will be friends forever," he spoke and Lizzie grabbed his hand, intertwining them.
"That's a promise I can make," she whispered to him and Pete smiled.
"Thank you," he muttered after a while.
"For what?" she asked slowly. Pete lightly smiled and slowly blinked.
"For being my friend," he spoke softly and Lizzie smiled.
"Best friends," she added and Pete drew her closer, hugging her close, breathing her in.
"Forever,"


Both Pete and Lizzie woke up and immediately felt the tears brim the corners of their eyes, just threatening to come out. They had, had the same dream and neither would ever know. Both looked at their phones next to their pillows. Picking the object up, they both searched their phone book and highlighted each other's names. Sighing they shook their heads and dropped their phones, turning in bed, and ironically facing each other from different sides of the country. The tears silently started to slip out and both clenched their pillows tight.

"Do you cry out in your sleep
All my feelings exposed
Care to taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
Is it something so good?
Just can't function no more
Love will tear us apart..."
Sign up to rate and review this story