Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

That Cheesy Chapter Title: Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

by moocow 3 reviews

Pete comes home for a quick visit and him and Lizzie share an akward moment, where Lizzie feels lead on. Pete doesnt know what he did, so Lizzie pushes him away, and he runs.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-10 - Updated: 2006-07-11 - 1913 words

2Moving
Chapter 5- That Cheesy Chapter Title: Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

Pete yawned sitting at the desk in the hotel room they were provided. He couldn't think straight, not without Lizzie. It's not like he couldn't live without her, it's just she was always there when he wrote anything frankly. Sighing, he ran a hand over his face. It was mid August, it had been about four weeks since they had left and Pete was feeling quite home-sick. It was not the home-sick of his own home however; it was his other home, Lizzie's place. He looked to his side to see his phone silently waiting.
I should call her...
Not once since they arrived had he called her and Pete was feeling quite guilty. Reaching over, he grabbed the phone and dialed that oh-so familiar phone number.

Lizzie was just sitting in bed eating some yogurt and flipping through a magazine when her phone beep from beside her. She looked at the caller Id and smiled.
Yogurt
"Hi Pete," she greeted and she heard him laugh.
"Hey Lizzie, how are you?" Lizzie sighed.
"I've been better," Pete smirked
"Miss me that much, ehh?" he asked and Lizzie laughed leaning against her pillows.
"I'm even eating yogurt," Pete gasped.
"Without me?" Lizzie giggled.
"Yeah," Pete whimpered.
"Save me some..." he ended with a sneeze and a coughing attack.
"You ok Pete?" she heard him sniff and the squeaking of a bed.
"I've been better," he copied what she had earlier and sniffed again. "The boys are sending me back, I'm sick and they want me to get better fast, and they know you're the only person who can do that," Lizzie blushed almost as hard as Patrick does.
"Oh...really?" she asked and she heard Pete hum a yes.
"I'm actually flying out tonight. The boys gave me the ticket right before I called," Lizzie smirked.
"Really now?" she finished off her yogurt and lay down on her side, hugging her extra pillow close. "Pete, my pillow smells like you," she snuggled in more and reached over to turn off the lamp.
"Well aren't you lucky, I wish my pillow smelt like you," Lizzie blushed again.
"Why?" she asked cautiously.
"Lizzie, you should know, I love strawberries, and you smell like them..." he trailed off and Lizzie giggled.
"Pete, I'll make you pancakes with strawberries when you come home tomorrow morning," Pete coughed.
"I'm leaving in an hour, which means I should be there...what? Three A.M your time?" Lizzie stared at her clock.
9:00
"Pete...I haven't gotten much sleep..." she yawned and hugged her pillow closer.
"Then sleep, and I'll call when I land, ok?" she barley heard him talking to her and yawned.
"Yeah...that sounds alright, Pete," Pete smiled at his end and sighed.
"I'll see you soon, Lizzie my lovely strawberry," he was about to hang up when Lizzie spoke up.
"I thought it was pie," he heard her giggle slightly and then mumble a good night. After the phone call, Pete turned his head to the other side of the bed.
I know who's gonna be beside me by tomorrow...she looks so cute sleeping; I can't wait to see her again...

"Lizzie," Lizzie turned to Pete who was sitting next to her on the tree branch of the cork tree.
"Yeah?" she asked as she swung her legs.
"Thank you," he mumbled and Lizzie raised an eyebrow.
"For what?" Pete sighed.
"For being my best and only friend," Lizzie smiled.
"Thank you for being mine," she mumbled back and Pete turned his head and smiled at her.
"Come here," he told her, opening his arms for her. Lizzie smiled as she carefully scooted over and cuddled up close to him. It was slightly snowing but the tree still stood strong, only with its leaves missing. Lizzie slowly closed her eyes and breathed him in. Pete put his head down on her shoulder and smiled.
"You smell like strawberries," he mumbled and Lizzie giggled.
"You smell like vanilla," she told him back and Pete smirked.
"I like it...it makes me crave strawberry yogurt," Lizzie pulled away slightly and looked up at him.
"Do you want some? I've got tons at home," Pete smiled down at her and kissed her forehead.
"That would be awesome Liz," Lizzie smiled and nodded her head.
"Let's go,"


Lizzie's phone rang, disturbing her quite peaceful dream. She answered quickly and heard Pete mumble a hello.
"Hey Pete," she said, groggily.
"Did I wake you?" he asked and she yawned.
"Yeah, but its ok, we just have to sleep when we get back," she whispered and got out of bed.
"Baggage claim is taking forever so you're still good on time, just wait out front, ok?" Lizzie yawned again and sighed peacefully.
"Alright then, Pete," Upon arriving at the airport she saw his figure leaning against one of the posts. He smiled in the darkness and tossed his bags in the backseat before climbing in the passenger seat. Lizzie automatically handed Pete a tissue and smiled, driving off into the morning. As soon as they arrived to Lizzie's house, the pink in the sky already started to appear. Lizzie yawned stepping into her house and placed her purse down on the side table next to the TV and while slipping off her shoes she locked the door. Pete smiled as she crossed the room to the kitchen and put the kettle on.
"Tea? I'm not getting anymore sleep," she mumbled as he followed her.
"First things first," Pete walked behind her and hugged her, breathing in deeply and exhaling, his breath sneaking down her neck. "That's what I missed," Lizzie smiled grabbing two cups as he held onto her.
"What?" she asked grabbing the tea bags. Pete chuckled, again his breath tickling her neck.
"I missed you're fragrance," he mumbled into her neck where his face was presently snuggled into. Lizzie shivered from feeling his lips on her neck, they way they were that close and when he talked that they grazed the skin below her ear. For a minute she thought she felt him place a kiss there, but shook it off.
Calm yourself Lizzie...
"Pete...you're crazy, you couldn't have missed me that much," Lizzie muttered more to herself than to him. Pete shook his head and smiled, Lizzie felt it and sighed.
"You're my bestest friend, Lizzie," he hugged her tighter and Lizzie paused what she was doing and stared at a spot across the room, a spot on the wall.
Way to break a heart, Pete
Shaking her head to break her heart-wrenching thoughts, she grabbed the kettle that had gone off and poured the two cups, preparing them the way she knew by heart. Grabbing the honey for herself, she scooped out a spoonful and stirred it in.
"Do my eyes really look like honey?" Pete randomly asked his head now on her shoulder. Lizzie shrugged and continued what she was doing. Pete reached around her and grabbed his cup, letting go of the hug briefly to take a sip. Lizzie turned around and leaned against the counter and took a sip as well.
"Lizzie, tell me, do they?" he said batting his eyelashes. Lizzie giggled into her cup and took a sip before answering.
"Yes Pete, your eyes do look like honey," Pete frowned.
"You didn't even look," he whined and Lizzie laughed.
"Pete, I've known you for six years, I think I know what your eyes look like," she looked up at him to see his face taking a serious position but with a slight smile. Pete's eyes flickered over her features and he slowly parted his lips to speak. Lizzie gulped quietly as Pete's eyes read her own.
"Yours look like the ocean on a stormy night..." he whispered and Lizzie blinked. "I never realized how piercing they could be," Pete raised his hand to her face and let his fingertips graze her pink tinted cheeks.
"Why are you blushing, Lizzie?" he asked quietly and Lizzie breathed in sharply. Pete slightly smiled.
He finds this as a game! Oh, I know let's make a complete fool out of Lizzie...
Pete bowed his head closer and moved it so it was centimeters away from Lizzie's.
"Lizzie..." he paused and smugly smiled a cocky grin. "Can I?" Lizzie felt her heart suddenly break in two.
I may love you, but not when you're acting like a heartbreaker...
Lizzie shuttered and tore her gaze away, turning around to place her cup in the sink. After a few minutes of washing she slipped out of the kitchen, tears silently starting to run down her face. She quickly took a glimpse back as she made her way up the stairs to see Pete hunched over the kitchen counter, running a hand through his hair, and shaking his head.

Pete made is way upstairs and slowly walked into Lizzie's room. It had been an hour and the sun was now shining brightly into the room. When he closed the door behind him, he saw Lizzie lying on her bed, on her side, clutching her pillow tight.
That's the pillow I use when I sleep over here
Pete noticed the dried mascara that streaked down her cheeks and stained the pillow. Sighing he saw the balled up tissues that surrounded her sleeping form. Pete made his way over to her desk and quietly pulled out a blank piece of paper.
"I'm holding out and I'm holding on"
Pete pursed his lips together, looking up from where he sat on the desk. When he looked down, he noticed the letters he left her throughout the times he stayed, the most recent the one from when they leaved.
"To every letter and every song"
Pete let his face expression drop. Lizzie was acting strange for what he was going to do. All he wanted was to kiss her; cause lately it looked like that's what she wanted.
She's my best friend, so why can't I give her what she wants?
/Because she doesn't want to be just your best friend, moron.../
Pete sighed and looked back down at the paper.
"I pulled myself out of the day we ever had to meet"
Looking back at Lizzie as she rolled over, taking the pillow with her. Her back was now up against the wall, curled up like a baby, still holding onto the pillow.
"Are you through with me?"
Pete stopped for a moment and got out a new piece of paper. When he finished writing, he slid into her other desk chair and logged on her computer. Doing what he needed to do, he switched it off after printing something and walked over to Lizzie's sleeping form and placed a note on the bed.
"Bye Liz," he leaned over to kiss her goodnight but then settled on kissing her temple. Clutching the plane ticket back to the recording studio, Pete called a taxi and frowned.
Just go back, and record. You can write without her. And then, when it's done, you'll go on tour. You won't see her for another four or five months, and when you get back, maybe her feelings will change...it won't be awkward.
/What are you kidding me? Lizzie was the first to be your friend! And now you're just gonna...hide from her?/
Pete blinked hard, shaking himself from his thoughts. He hated when he fought with himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story