Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Funny Thing About Love and Magic

Something... Fishy?

by Alternative4Life 2 reviews

What happens when Ryan sees what that bite mark did to Brendon.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2012-08-24 - Updated: 2012-08-25 - 1147 words

0Unrated
When we get to my place, I help Brendon into the bathroom and start to clean his wound. It must have been a shark bite looking at where the teeth could have gone into the skin.
"God, that looks kinda cool." Brendon says.
"Cool? You must have gotten bit by a shark or something."
"Well shit... that's fucking awesome!!!"
I sigh.
When I finally start to wrap his leg up, he says, "Ryan, do you think I'm crazy?"
"Sometimes."
"No but I mean... with this. I felt a hand, a human hand grab me... and that bite... it was so direct and precise... it couldn't have been a shark."
"What are you even suggesting?"
"Well... it would be crazy saying it but I swore I felt hair brush across my legs as well."
"You mean... like a..."
"A mermaid."
I get up off the ground from putting on his bandage, totally surprised that he would say something like that, "You are crazy."
"I swear it was one though."
I'm going to believe it. He got bit by something, but it couldn't be something out of a fairy tale. This is insane, also with the fact that Brendon always says things. I'm pretty sure by tomorrow he'll just be like 'Got you!' and I'll look like a fool. Really tired of his shit anyway.
"You can sleep on the couch." I say as I walk out to head to my room.
It's the next morning and I hear Brendon shouting my name. Well this was a wake up call.
I walk to where ever I hear my name coming from and it's the bathroom. Okay... why would he need me when he's clearly minding his own business.
"What do you want, Brendon?"
"I, uh, am kinda in a pickle right now."
"Did you break something?"
"No... but I just can't walk around very well."
"What are you talking about?"
"I left the door unlocked, but before you come in, please... please don't tell anyone."
I slowly open the door,"What the hell are you talking ab-"
And I freeze. The shower is on and Brendon is sitting in the bathtub and he has a gray tail. This... this has to be a joke... somehow.
"Please help me." He says in a serious tone.
"This has to... to be a joke."
"It's not, Ryan. A mermaid must have bitten me. How the hell else do you explain this?" He lifts his... tail... up briefly and sets it back down.
"I... I don't even know."
"You have to keep this between me and you, okay? Please help me, dude."
"Oh.... okay."
I go over feeling as though this is just a crazy dream and go to shut off the water. I look back at him.
"Is this a permanent thing?"
"I only get this tail when I get wet."
"Oh..." And I just about lose it, "How in the fucking world is that even possible?!"
"I don't know, Ryan! Just get me dry!"
I take a deep breath just trying my best to take it in that this is fucking real. Then I find a towel and hand it to Brendon.
He holds it for a second before saying, "Really don't think I'm going to get that dry being in this wet tub."
"Well then what are you suggesting?"
He holds out his arms like he wants to be carried.
"Are you serious?"
"This is the most serious I've ever been ever, Ryan."
"Alright." I then go down to his level and try to pull him out of the tub. Damn, he's kinda heavy.
By the time I almost get him completely out, he falls on me, practically crushing my rib cage.
"Goddamn it, Brendon." I get out.
He giggles a bit, and somehow that makes me stop being pissed for a second. His smile is just... amazing. I get out a small smile myself.
"Ryan... you should smile more."
I shake my head like he's nuts, "Why?"
"Because I think it's beautiful." And he just looks at me with his honest dark brown eyes.
His slightly wet hand cups my face and I get those butterflies again. He pulls me in and my lips meet his. His lips are so soft and smooth...
But it's only a single kiss and our lips part. He just looks at me like... he loves me or something, but, this couldn't work out. He was a fish for crying out loud and... maybe I did like him, but we couldn't.
I look away from him for a second, "Um, we should dry you off."
"Yeah yeah, of course."
He then slides off of me and I grab another towel to pat him down. This fish half is crazy... I can't even think straight.
"You can touch it." Brendon says, almost out of no where.
And I do. They feel like genuine fish scales, "Jesus..." I whisper.
"Insane right? I think the other thing is... the bones in my legs have probably totally re structured in under a matter of seconds."
I look at him in disbelief, "It took only seconds to get this tail?"
"Yeah, right when I hit water it just, like, everything morphs, it feels really weird."
"That's... just crazy."
"I know."
I then finish drying his tail off and a few seconds later... right before my eyes... he has legs again... and my eyes spot his, uh.
"Like it?" He asks.
"What?!" I look away.
"Just kidding.. but now that we're a couple I don't see what the problem-"
"We aren't together, Brendon."
He's got the towel wrapped around his waist now, "What?"
"You and me, we aren't together."
"What was that kiss then, Ryan?"
"You kissed me!" And I almost yell at him before I head out of the bathroom.
Right before I get into my room, he says, "You could have pushed me away."
I sit on my bed just taking all of this in. He's a fucking fish freak and he thinks we are together. No. No. No, we can't be together because this tail business just complicates things and who am I kidding... the thing at the beach was totally in the heat of the moment.
Yeah maybe he likes me, maybe I like him, but there is a reputation out in the music world. If we ever get decently famous, we couldn't be together, no, that's fucking crazy. I'll probably get another girlfriend or something, and what am I supposed to do if someone else found out he was a... shit. No no no no no one will find out. Fuck, I would have to hang around him a lot just so that I could keep this thing a secret. No, we will not be together, I can't do it, just no...
This is obviously going to be way more complicated than I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story