Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Two

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of Resident Fantasy

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 1841 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing, and make no profit from this fanfiction.

2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Chapter Two: Adult and Child

2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

The three of them had been walking for a while, when Aerith's stomach growled again. Tifa looked to her with concern but Aerith could not complain of her hunger. They had to focus on moving forward and making sure no villagers tried to kill them again. Kuja spotted a couple of bushes with berries on them, but for all they knew the parasite could be contracted from the berries.

"Perhaps you could cleanse them to make sure?" asked Tifa looking to Kuja.

"Now of course I could, but how would that benefit me? I am not the little dove who needs a good worm in her stomach." spoke his selfish tone.

"Oh you're infuriating." spoke Tifa with an aggravated sigh.

"It's ok Tifa, I will be ok until we're safe at least." spoke Aerith.

Suddenly they heard gun shots ring out, and Aerith stopped first, Tifa looked around and Kuja stopped looking with mild interest. He actually seemed to be faking his interest at all. Once again they heard the shots before they heard a female voice say "Laguna!" and Aerith ran ahead, Tifa quickly followed her and Kuja sighed before following Tifa. They ran ahead and saw an older gentleman with a gun, he was shooting the villagers as they came, but behind him was a little girl...Marlene.

"Marlene!" exclaimed Tifa.

Tifa ran and began to beat up the villagers, Aerith used her materia and moved the ground around to help Tifa get better hits on them, while Kuja decided this could be of some interest and actually unleashed a flare upon a few of the villagers, flames engulfing them. Laguna looked up as he was helped and let out a relieved sigh.

"Oh thank goodness you guys showed up." he spoke.

He was wearing a tan shirt, brown leather pants, and a pair of brown worker's boots. Tifa ran over and hugged Marlene who hugged her back. Tifa then stood up and looked to Laguna.

"And you are?" she asked.

"I'm Laguna." he spoke, he then looked over Tifa and dropped down. "Owwww cramp." he spoke as he held his leg.

Tifa looked confused while Aerith giggled a little, Marlene's eyes went wide upon seeing Aerith and she ran over hugging her.

"I'm so glad to see you!" exclaimed Marlene.

Aerith smiled and Laguna finally stood up again rubbing the back of his head. "I woke up with the little girl here next to me." he said.

Marlene was wearing a white shirt which was far too big on her, and a pair of bunched up blue jeans. She seemed to be almost swimming in the clothes.

"Where'd you get the gun?" asked Tifa.

"Oh this? Found a few of them in the hut behind me, that's when the villagers came up. Of course before that we'd rummaged and found some clothes in the hut as well, I had to wash them. Those villagers have been coming in hordes for hours. They speak in a language I don't know, and even when I tried to reason with them they came at us. Thought we were done for actually." spoke Laguna.

"Hmmm so the gun man saved your mini little dove." spoke Kuja.

"Oh right, Laguna? I'm Aerith, and this is Kuja." spoke Aerith.

"Pleasure to meet you all." spoke Laguna.

"Same here, so you have no idea why you woke up here either?" asked Tifa.

"No last thing I remember was being asleep in my president's suite." spoke Laguna.

"President you say?" asked Kuja, suddenly interested in power and money.

"Yeah I was President of a whole country back in my world." spoke Laguna.

"You're nothing like the presidents we've met before, but I'd have to say that's a good thing." spoke Tifa.

"Tifa I'm hungry." spoke Marlene.

"All of us are honey, but we've not found anything edible." spoke Tifa.

"What about the berries in the woods?" asked Laguna.

Aerith then explained the paper she'd found and Laguna folded his arms and frowned as he too pulled out a paper, it was also related to the Raccoon city event. Even so there was more to it.

"So apparently an evil cult released the virus." spoke Aerith after reading it.

"A cult? Why would they release a virus?" asked Tifa.

"Perhaps to control the people under the parasite's control?" spoke Laguna.

"Disgusting worms control the brain, but those who control the worms control the body to their bidding." spoke Kuja.

Aerith nodded and pocketed the news report, Laguna sighed then and pinched his forehead. "At any rate we can't stay here, but we need to find something to eat." spoke Laguna.

Aerith nodded and sighed, looking around they spotted another building and went into it. They searched the place and found a couple of eggs around, they appeared to be chicken eggs, this time when Kuja denied helping them, Tifa actually threatened him and he cleansed the eggs. Laguna started a fire and Aerith found a pot which she washed in a nearby stream and began to cook the eggs on.

"So do you think Cloud's here?" asked Marlene.

"I'm sure he is, probably killing more bad villagers from coming to get you." spoke Tifa.

"Cloud's here, I can feel him." spoke Aerith.

"Feel him? I thought all your cetra powers might have disappeared after being reborn again." spoke Tifa.

Aerith shook her head. "No I don't think my blood changed even if my body came back into this plain." she spoke.

"Wait what?" asked Laguna confused.

"I was dead in the world I had come from, existing in the life stream and with a connection to the ancients and Cloud." spoke Aerith.

"You were dead? So maybe the dead will come back to life in this realm from my world?" asked Laguna.

"I'm not sure." spoke Aerith.

"Do you think HE'S here?" asked Tifa in dread.

"If you mean Sephiroth, perhaps. But this world isn't like ours, the life stream isn't here, Jenova's cells only kept existing through the life stream, her alien entity existing in the planet's energy only to have the planet continue to spit her out. I cleansed her from the planet last time, but Sephiroth's presence still remained. I think he is separate from Jenova to some extent, as he was born from the life stream before." spoke Aerith.

"So you're saying if Sephiroth is here he won't be the same as the one from before?" asked Tifa.

"No he will be definitely a crazed maniac as always, a twisted soul, but he won't have Jenova in him." spoke Aerith.

Aerith then finished cooking the eggs and they all ate from them, even Kuja who probably didn't want to admit that he too was hungry. As they finished the small meal, Aerith looked to Laguna.

"So you fought in your world?" she asked.

"Huh? Yeah I did, and I have a good reservation of magic with me, unfortunately it's all healing magic, and maybe a little bit of barrier magic. I was never much of a magic user, I was just a simple soldier with a gun when I did fight." spoke Laguna.

"Little dove is quite talented with magic, aren't you?" spoke Kuja looking to Aerith.

"Yes but our magic comes from orbs called materia. Where does yours come from Laguna?" asked Aerith.

"We drew it from the enemies and fiends in our world." spoke Laguna.

"Hm your world seems different from ours as well." spoke Tifa.

"Who knows how many worlds could have been thrown into this one." spoke Aerith.

Suddenly Aerith heard the voice once more. VII, VIII, IX, X, XIII. The roman numerals were said as numbers and Aerith stopped for a moment to think about it, she wasn't sure what they could mean. It was late now and dark out, she yawned, they did need sleep but how could they sleep with so many villagers probably near?

"We'll take turns guarding and sleeping. Marlene you stay close to Laguna, ok? He can make sure you sleep soundly." spoke Tifa.

Marlene nodded and Laguna went to sleep with her, Kuja followed them and leaned in the corner standing up as he slept while standing. Aerith took the first shift, making sure no villagers came near, if they got too close she sprang into action with the rusty pipe, or she used the quake materia to move them away from the building. Tifa took the next shift after three hours, and guarded using her fists and flames. Over all Aerith and Tifa took shifts watching the place as Laguna stayed close to Marlene, and Kuja slept by himself.

- The next morning -

They stretched and got ready to keep moving, no matter how hungry they knew one meal a day would have to due as they began to move forward. That's when they hit a bit of a brick wall. Up ahead were probably about fifty villagers waiting for them, bear traps in front of the villagers. Aerith looked to Marlene, and Tifa stepped in front of Marlene protectively. Laguna ran ahead of them all with his gun loaded, Kuja walked forward as well much to Aerith's surprise.

"Little dove, please make sure mini dove makes it to safety." he spoke.

Aerith smiled, Kuja did have some good in him after all. Tifa grabbed Marlene's hand and began to run away from the villagers as they charged, Laguna unleashed bullets at them, but he was hit by a few of the pitch forks, bleeding badly, Aerith ran over to him and began to protect him while he slowly chanted one of his healing spells and healing himself as quickly as possible. Kuja unleashed a flare attack while Aerith used the rusty pipe to bludgeon the villagers that came, Laguna had to reload his gun, but once he had he killed at least four more of them that came. A few did get through to Tifa who was punching and kicking them, she unleashed a bit of fire at them while Marlene ran and grabbed a few reloads of gun ammunition from the hut and threw them to Laguna who gave her a thumbs up. They managed to kill the villagers, but saw a few robed men run away from them. Aerith looked to Laguna who smiled. "I'm ok." he spoke.

Kuja folded his arms and sighed. "Someone is definitely behind this mess. Who? I'm not sure. I am sure of whose side I'd rather be on. Besides it is the prettier side." he spoke.

Tifa ran over to disable the bear traps and Aerith looked to Marlene. Why had the person who dropped them here put her here as well? Was Barret here at all? Or were they alone in this? So many questions that she could not answer. They looked around once more before they headed toward a bridge.

2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Author: Hope everyone likes it so far, I hope for reviews ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story