Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Three

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of Resident Fantasy

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 2124 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

Edit: there will be three off color couples in this fanfic. Known as cross over couples.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Chapter Three: Survival

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Aerith lead them down the rickety bridge ahead after they had killed the villagers. So many meaningless deaths of probably good civilized people who were just being controlled. She sighed and shook her head, they walked carefully across the bridge and made it to the other side. Tifa looked around first surveying the area, however as she did, the bridge crumbled behind them.

"Oh that's not good." spoke Laguna rubbing the back of his head.

Aerith sighed and looked to Kuja who had his arms folded across his chest as he leaned back looking bored. Despite the danger they were in he seemed to be lax about it almost and bored.

"Kuja please takes this seriously." spoke Tifa as she noticed his behavior.

"Oh dearest swan I am taking this seriously. We have no food, no money, and we're stranded near a bunch of worms who wish to dig into our rotting carcasses or eat us alive. There really isn't any point in panicking until I'm being held down by an ugly person." spoke his haughty tone.

Tifa just sighed and shrugged, shaking her head. Marlene was of course standing behind her, Aerith felt sorry for the little girl, at least with all of them, they could fight off these zombified people. Finally once Tifa was done surveying the area, she of course realized there were two different paths to go down.

"We'll need to split up." spoke Tifa.

"Sheesh isn't that the last thing we should do?" asked Laguna.

"We don't have a choice, both these ways could lead to the next bunch of villagers, that or they could lead us to finding out a way out of here." spoke Tifa.

"Plus we might find Cloud, right?" spoke Marlene.

"If he's here, yes." spoke Tifa.

"So who goes with who?" asked Laguna.

"I wish to stay with little dove if you do not mind." spoke Kuja.

"Which means Laguna goes with Marlene and I." spoke Tifa.

Aerith nodded and started down the left path, while Tifa went down the right path. Kuja followed Aerith, while Laguna and Marlene followed Tifa.

-With Tifa-

Tifa lead them down the right path as they came across another village, however this time they heard a woman grunt and looked around, that's when a crazed women with her face covered a bit came out with a chain saw at them. Laguna shot at her but he saw her go for Marlene and wound up ducking out of the way with Marlene at his side. Tifa charged at her and sent flames at her, they grazed her but she managed to nick Tifa's arm with the blades. Tifa held her arm as it bled, Tifa then kicked and punched at the woman, managing to knock her back before hurling another large flame at her. Laguna shot at her from the side and managed to get three bullets into her, the woman turned her attentions on him but right as she was about to hit Laguna, he managed to summon a barrier magic up and blocked her with an invisible wall. Marlene however screamed in terror as she got so close. Tifa took the chance to hit her with several jabs to the back and knocked her out before Laguna shot her in the head and she died.

"Chain saws?" asked Laguna.

"They're becoming more crafty." spoke Tifa holding her bleeding arm.

Laguna nodded and summoned another healing magic which he used on Tifa who nodded to him.

"This part of the village looks a little cleaner then where we just came from." spoke Tifa.

"Think maybe we'll find something to eat?" asked Laguna.

"We should also watch out for more scary ladies." spoke Marlene.

Tifa had to agree, this was getting more and more dangerous to be in the middle of. If they'd had a choice to not be here, they probably would have taken it. They began to walk around, yes this part was a little cleaner, but that wasn't saying much. Tifa did manage to find some herbs as well as some animals roaming around the town. Cows and chickens, who seemed normal when they ate the things from the ground there. She did check them over, of course she wondered why there were such small chocobos around, not knowing what regular chickens were. Laguna started a fire and sat with Marlene next to him, as he sighed.

"What's the matter Laguna?" asked Marlene.

"I miss Ellone." spoke Laguna.

"Ellone?" asked Marlene.

"You remind me of her actually. She was my little girl for the longest time. But she was kidnapped. I actually went to rescue her when it happened. During that time my ex-wife Raine had Squall, my son and she died. The village where she came from was really angry that I left her alone like that, but I had to go get Ellone back." spoke Laguna.

Marlene smiled at him, and he just put an arm around her shoulders, looking at the fire until she suddenly stood up and looked at him, she held her hand a certain way and gave him a serious look.

"No time for that. I mean I gotta watch my daddy too, y'know." she spoke in a copying Barret way.

Laguna laughed a little, he'd never seen anyone talk that way and she smiled at him. "My daddy Barret is the best, and I'm sure if he was here he'd tell you the same thing." she spoke.

Laguna just smiled as Tifa came back with some herbs and a couple of chicken eggs. Laguna began to cook them over the fire using a pot Tifa found and cleaned from one the houses. After they ate, Marlene leaned against Laguna who wrapped a blanket around her from the ground, it was a cold night, and at least with Marlene near, he didn't feel like he missed Ellone so much. He smiled a little, he was glad he'd met Marlene, made him see the beauty in the world wasn't just in his. Marlene of course felt a connection with Laguna right away, little had she known how much they'd have in common later. They slept through the night...

- Meanwhile -

Aerith and Kuja had been walking for a while when they came to a lake. She watched Kuja examine the waters.

"These don't appear to be as crystal and clear as they should be little dove." he spoke.

She looked into the waters, no they were definitely contaminated. She shivered at the thought of being in them, once again it wasn't because she was super girly, she just really didn't want to be contaminated somehow into having parasites in her. She stepped forward and found a boat.

"We should go across and see what we can find. Though who knows what's in this lake." spoke Aerith.

Kuja nodded and they both got into the boat as Aerith started it, she looked around as they went across the lake. That's when they hit a snag and she tried to undo it, but she realized they were tied to something...alive. A large beast came out from the lake and Aerith did scream in terror as the boat began to move so roughly on its own. This wasn't good, but she did brave the movements and moved to find the javelin in the boat, she through it at the beast which roared and rose up out of the waters a bit, it was a huge parasite! She grabbed the rusty pipe and began to try and hit it, while Kuja unleashed a flare attack onto it, burning it successfully. The beast began to move again, and then it flipped over the boat, they were in the putrid waters, but they both quickly swam back to the boat as it came for them. Kuja was close to being eaten and was bitten rather badly, but Aerith got him back into the boat.

Aerith grabbed the javelin again and hit the beast, however this was when her materia began to glow, the quake materia glowed and she knew it could now control the waters, she made a whirlpool using it and used the javelin on the captive beast, Kuja used his holy powers and hit the beast with a few strikes of holy energy. Finally it fell, but Kuja was bleeding and Aerith hurried them across the lake. Kuja cleansed the wound, and Aerith found some clean bandages in the hut across the lake, wrapping it with some herbs she also found.

"This is not the first time the reapers almost claimed my soul for their own." he spoke in an eloquent tone.

Aerith looked to him with a simple nod, she looked around the hut, finding more papers on Raccoon City, it appeared as though the government there had quarantined it because of the parasitic outburst which had occurred there, she knew why they did it, but before she could read more... Aerith moved around, it was getting dark, and she saw villagers coming across the lake. She looked to Kuja who was resting his leg.

"Stay here!" she exclaimed, he nodded and she moved out front. Her rusty pipe had been lost in the lake, so for now she was stuck with only quake magic. She began to unleash it upon them as they came closer, that was when she spotted it, a long metal rod was near the hut. She grabbed it and began to use it expertly on them as they came closer. She was hit a bit by a pitch fork and bled a little, but Aerith managed to defeat them before going back inside. Kuja cleansed her wound and she wrapped it as well, her right arm was pained a bit but she knew she would be alright.

Aerith began to read more on the parasites, Las Illuminados had released them, a cult which controlled people using them. She pocketed the papers, of course she did set out the papers which she'd collected to dry. She then looked back to Kuja who looked rather sad for a moment.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"I was forced to face my mortality in my world. I was so far gone into my delusions that I fought my own brother. So much had happened, and in the end he did actually save me." spoke Kuja's for once serious tone.

Aerith kneeled next to Kuja and smiled at him. "I'm sure he forgave you is why he saved you." she spoke.

"You rhymed little dove. Your song is now more beautiful then it had been before." he spoke with a small smile.

Aerith blushed a little as he put an arm around her, she leaned a head on his chest and he spoke again.

"I will protect you little dove, you have shown me that perhaps despite my past you are willing to give me a chance." spoke his eloquent tone.

Aerith nodded, she'd always seen the good in people, even Cloud who had been so down on himself when she met him. Aerith had learned to always try and see the good in others, no matter what their past was. She of course fell asleep with Kuja there in the hut.

- The next day -

Aerith and Kuja awoke early and began to look around a bit, this was when she spotted a switch of some sort, she pressed it, she heard something in the distance, she wasn't sure what it was though.

- With the others -

Tifa looked up as they awoke, seeing a gate start to open ahead, she knew Aerith and Kuja had achieved their goal in moving forward. She motioned for Laguna dn Marlene to follow her, as they made their way to the lake, seeing Aerith and Kuja coming across towards them. Aerith smiled as she saw Tifa and the others come up. She ran to Tifa and hugged her, Tifa just smiled and looked to Kuja who folded his arms and nodded to her.

"So what happened?" asked Tifa.

Aerith moved away from the hug and began to explain, Laguna explained what had happened with them, and Kuja just smirked as Aerith made sure not to reveal too much of their bonding which had occurred. Tifa looked to Aerith then after everything had been explained.

"We should head towards the gate." she spoke.

Aerith nodded and they began to make their way through the town towards the gate which they had opened.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Author: Hope everyone liked it, give me reviews please ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story