Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Four

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of Resident Fantasy

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-10-27 - Updated: 2012-10-28 - 1949 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Chapter Four: Close Call

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

They made their way past the gate, Aerith lead the way now as they continued to walk, her green eyes looking around making sure nothing jumped out. Kuja remained close to her, while Tifa and Laguna stayed close to Marlene. However that's when a hand came up from the ground and grabbed Marlene who screamed, they all turned in their battle stances, but the villagers here had been smarter as well as about twelve of them rose from the ground, the one had a knife to Marlene's throat.

"Marlene!" exclaimed Tifa in a very frightened tone.

Just as the villager was about to slice her throat though, a flash of pink and the villager was cut in half. Marlene ran behind Laguna who made sure his gun was cocked and ready to shoot. They all looked to the person who had shown themselves, a woman platinum pink locks of hair, and pale aqua colored eyes. She had pale skin, and was wearing a light brown shirt, brown boots, and a pair of white shorts. She turned and stood there holding a sword, the sword was a basic medieval sword, probably found off a statue.

"Come and get me." spoke the pink haired woman.

The villagers charged but she quickly sliced them down with expertise, jumping up and going down at them with a speed almost unmatched. The villagers lay there dead before melting into the ground before she looked to Aerith and the group and pointed her sword at them.

"Are you with them?" she asked in a serious tone.

"No we're not." spoke Aerith.

The pink haired woman dropped her sword after looking to Marlene who was staring at her with wide eyes.

"The name's Lightning." spoke the pink haired woman.

"I'm Aerith, this is Tifa, Laguna, Marlene, and Kuja." spoke Aerith.

"So did you wake up here as well?" asked Tifa.

Lightning looked to Tifa a bit shocked that she knew such a thing and her stance relaxed a little.

"I did, I had to find the clothes too. I came from one of the side castles around here. There was another with me, but he said he had to stay back there to look for clues as to why we're here. He had a scar on his forehead." spoke Lightning.

"A scar? Was he blonde or brunet?" asked Laguna suddenly.

"He was a brunet." spoke Lightning.

"That's my son! Squall!" exclaimed Laguna.

"I have some papers here about what's going on." spoke Aerith pulling out the crumpled papers.

Lightning took them and began to read them, her face stern and serious as she read them.

"So a place named Raccoon City had this exact same outbreak six years ago because of this cult who are now making another outbreak where we are. But the question is, why are we here?" asked Lightning.

"That I don't know, we all woke up here randomly." spoke Aerith.

"Well Aerith told me she heard a voice but it wasn't very helpful." spoke Tifa.

"They never really are." spoke Aerith.

Lightning nodded and pointed to the path where she had come from. "We should go help Squall." she said.

The others nodded and began to follow her back to the castle, Kuja staying close to Aerith as he spoke.

"She appears so fragile yet so dangerous." he spoke.

Aerith nodded in agreement, Lightning was feminine and beautiful, but she had a sharp edge to her, there was no doubt about that. They made their way up to a castle, it was smaller then the main castle which they could see the entrance to from there. Lightning lead them inside, the place was dingy and dark, stone made though instead of rotting wood. They saw Squall standing there, he was wearing a black leather jacket, a white shirt, black leather pants, black leather gloves, and black leather shoes. When he saw Laguna, he groaned a bit.

"Sheesh they dropped you off here too." spoke Squall pinching his forehead.

Laguna ran over and hugged Squall tight, the scarred male just sighed and hugged his father back. Lightning walked over and handed Squall the papers that Aerith had shown her, he examined them.

"So we're in the middle of an infected area with these parasites. Makes sense why all the people around here have been acting strange." spoke Squall.

He then moved over and pulled out a drawer, it had a few vials in it. "These vials are probably the antidote, we should keep them with us." spoke Squall.

"What makes you say they're the antidote?" asked Tifa.

"These papers over here." he spoke, pulling out some papers he'd found.

"So scientists developed the antidote?" asked Aerith.

"They also developed the parasites I believe." spoke Squall.

"So now what?" asked Lightning.

"Well for one, I'm Squall, nice to meet you all." he spoke to Aerith.

"I'm Aerith, this is Tifa, Kuja, and Marlene." she spoke.

"Sorry you've been stuck with my dad until now." spoke Squall showing his obvious disdain for the man.

"Actually your father has been a major help to us." spoke Tifa.

Squall smiled a little at that one. "That's good that he wasn't causing problems." spoke Squall.

"This is all very touching, but now what do we do?" asked Lightning.

"Well we've been fighting our way through the villagers and such around here, trying to find our way out of this place." spoke Aerith.

"Unfortunately a trap may lie ahead of us yet." spoke Kuja.

"Who knows what we'll find, but we should be on our guard." spoke Tifa.

"That much is obvious, but how many of you can fight?" asked Lightning.

"We all can except Marlene." spoke Aerith.

Squall walked over and picked up a sword, it was the same as Lightning's, obviously pulled from one of the statues which lines the walls at the castle they were in.

"Alright then Marlene should stay in the middle as we walk." spoke Lightning.

Tifa nodded and walked to the front with Lightning, while Aerith and Kuja stayed in the middle, and Laguna and Squall went to the back of their group. They began to walk down the hill from the castle, Squall had a bag from the castle which held all their papers, the vials, and a cleaned blanket in it.

"So what have you all been doing for food?" asked Squall.

Aerith explained to them about Kuja's abilities to cleanse and Squall nodded. "As I suspected, the food in this area might be infected as well." he spoke.

"Where did you guys find the clothes anyway?" asked Tifa.

"We took them off of villagers, I assume everyone who isn't from this world probably did that." spoke Lightning.

"You think there are more?" asked Laguna.

"Most likely, I've never met any of you personally. But I would assume that there are more then just us here." spoke Lightning.

Tifa nodded in agreement, that's when they saw more villagers ahead, probably around twenty four of them. Lightning went into her fighting stance and then unleashed a bolt of lightning from her hands at a few of them. Squall himself moved forward and unleashed some ice from his hands, magic he'd drawn coming from his hands. Laguna began to shoot at them, while Tifa unleashed fire attacks and punched them down. Aerith used her quake abilities to help Kuja hit them with his holy attacks. Quickly they were extinguished when more came. Lightning sprung into action with Squall as they sliced many of them down, Laguna kept Marlene close and shot at more and more of them. Kuja unleashed flare attacks next while Aerith used the iron rod to bludgeon them. Wave after wave kept coming but they remained vigilant, finally after about the tenth wave they panted for breath and knelt down for rest.

"How many more could possibly be infected?" asked Tifa.

Aerith then heard the voice again, however this time it was a different voice, a more sinister voice. They will continue to rain down upon you. Until the sins of this world have been cleansed. Aerith shook her head after hearing the voice, placing a hand to her forehead, Kuja put his hands on her shoulders as she fell backwards stabilizing her as she got dizzy.

"Are you alright little dove?" asked Kuja.

"The voice, or a voice, it was someone else this time. It said They will continue to rain down upon you. Until the sins of this world have been cleansed." spoke Aerith.

Lightning was the first to speak this time. "You're not a normal person are you Aerith?" she asked.

"I don't think any of us persay normal, we all seem to be from realms that taught us how to be warriors or sorcerers." spoke Squall.

"Well but she's right, I'm a half cetra. My mother was one of the ancients from my world." spoke Aerith.

"No wonder you are gifted little dove." spoke Kuja this time.

"What do you mean?" asked Aerith.

"You have the energy around you of a sorceress, I could probably teach you some of my abilities actually." spoke Kuja.

"I was just a poor flower girl, who lived in the slums. My mother was a cetra, my father was not. But that's not important." spoke Aerith.

"I was an orphan for most of my childhood, and grew up around many. Until I was sent to Balamb Garden, a school for mercenaries." spoke Squall.

"I was a very high up and important sorcerer." spoke Kuja, not really wishing to reveal too much of his past.

"I was president of the country of Esthar." spoke Laguna.

"I was a soldier, but became a L'cie. Then we fought and brought peace to the world around us." spoke Lightning.

"I was a girl who grew up in Nibleheim, my town was destroyed by Sephiroth who I helped defeat." spoke Tifa.

"So we all came from realms and worlds where we fought and became stronger warriors or sorcerers." spoke Lightning with a small smirk.

Aerith nodded and suddenly she felt her body begin to glow, her holy materia came out and she looked at it, she placed it into her arm.

"I think maybe my powers with the holy materia might have finally activated." spoke Aerith.

"So now you have holy and quake?" asked Tifa.

Aerith nodded and stood up slowly. "Right, we fought, we became stronger. We can make it through here, no matter how many come our way." spoke Aerith.

"Maybe we can figure out a way to save some of the people here eventually." spoke Squall.

Aerith nodded and looked to the others. "As long as we have each other, we should be able to survive and get to the bottom of this." she spoke.

Laguna was the first to step forward putting his hand out, Tifa put hers on his, and one by one they made the pact to continue on together. Aerith smiled, knowing they would make it through this. They began to walk again as they made their way up a rather large hill, once they got there they were astonished by what lay ahead of them. There was a large castle forward, but another few villages in front of it, as well as two smaller castles near the villages. Lightning looked at the others and then spoke. "We should stick together, easy to get lost, and who knows what dangers lie ahead." she said.

The others nodded and decided to follow her as she began to trek through another set of woods.

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Author: Please review, hope everyone likes it so far ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story