Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Five

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

The story continues

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2012-11-28 - Updated: 2012-11-29 - 2030 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing, and make no profit from this fanfiction.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Chapter Five: Him

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

They had stopped in the middle of the forest that night to rest. Laguna had started the fire once more, while Lightning this time had slaughtered a chicken, Tifa deboned it, and Laguna managed to cook it over a spit which he made from sticks nearby. Soon the dinner had been ready and they all began to eat once Kuja had cleansed it.

"I don't suppose we should tell ghost stories." spoke Laguna elbowing Aerith a little.

Aerith did laugh a little, she couldn't help it. After all she had a good sense of humor, which was why Cloud making fun of her for thinking she could be in soldier had made her laugh.

"Aren't we pretty much living a ghost story right now?" asked Tifa.

"I suppose we are, this night however holds the darkness of such a tale. I would like to hear one myself." spoke Kuja.

Aerith smiled finally. "Alright I have one." she spoke.

They all gathered in closer to listen, though Lightning seemed less interested, she also seemed bored enough to listen.

"There was one a witch, her name was Namin'e. She was very lonely, always alone and so she found a boy named Sora. Sora was a strong friendly boy who had many friends. But what Namin'e longed for was to become his friend. Now Namin'e was not used to having others around and didn't believe Sora would ever want to be her friend. Sora you see was in love with a girl named Kairi, and had a best friend named Riku. So Namin'e used her witch powers to replace Kairi in Sora's heart with herself." began Aerith.

"But what about Kairi?" asked Marlene.

"Now hold on Marlene, it's rude to interrupt." spoke Tifa.

"Well Sora slowly began to search for Namin'e, his heart had been blinded by her powers. Finally he did, and finally when reunited, her guilt ate her alive from what she had done. She told Sora the truth. But Sora being a friendly boy, forgave her for her mischievous deeds. She however would have to take two years to repair the damage, and he was put into a sort of sleep. Meanwhile Kairi forgot all about Sora while he slept. And when he awoke, Sora knew he had to find Riku and Kairi again. Even so, to this day Namin'e's memory lays deep in his heart, unknown even by Sora's conscious." spoke Aerith.

"That's so sad." spoke Marlene.

"So Namin'e really was like a ghost." spoke Squall.

"A ghost of Kairi actually, eventually she became one with Kairi." spoke Aerith.

"Aww so Sora was still her friend." spoke Marlene.

Aerith nodded, and Lightning spoke now. "Where did you get that story?" she asked.

Aerith closed her eyes and tried to remember where she'd heard it. "I'm not sure..." spoke Aerith.

Then the voice spoke again. Another world, another time, another you. Aerith felt herself lose her breath for a moment, Kuja did catch her as she fell faint for a moment. But when she regained consciousness she saw them all gathering around close.

"Are you alright?" asked Tifa.

Aerith nodded and slowly sat up, moving her hand to her forehead. "Another voice." she spoke.

"Really? You heard another little dove?" asked Kuja.

Aerith nodded and looked to Lightning who rubbed the back of her head. "Sheesh, you really are a special woman if you're hearing voices just from a question." spoke Lightning.

Aerith blushed a little in embarrassment, Marlene then yawned. Laguna moved the blanket in closer and wrapped it around her. Lightning leaned her back against Squall's back as they slept like that. Tifa lay back against a tree and slept, while Kuja remained close to Aerith while falling asleep.

- The Next Morning -

They awoke early and began to set out, still in the forest, they began to feel like they were being followed when they saw a pack of rabid wolves probably with parasites in them surround them. Aerith used the iron rod she'd found before and began to fight them off, while Tifa of course punched a few but made sure not to be bitten. Marlene hid behind Laguna who shot them down, while Kuja sent out a few more flare attacks at them. Aerith unleashed a holy attack at many of them striking them down. Lightning and Squall were clearing a path through them, slaughtering them to help move the group ahead using the heavy metal swords they'd stolen off the statues. They made their way forward and managed to reach a village, looking around quickly they made their way into one of the houses. This place was just like the last village, not as dirty as where Aerith had awoken, but definitely dingy.

"We need to find better weapons." spoke Lightning.

"What do you mean?" asked Aerith.

And that's when Aerith began to realize the swords Lightning and Squall had been using were crawling with the parasites from the wolves they'd killed. The swords were not made of a substance to repel them, even her rod was infected. Laguna used a gun so obviously he was safe, Kuja didn't use a weapon, and Tifa had the fire materia which warded off any parasites.

Well what sort of weapons did you guys use in your worlds?" asked Aerith.

"Gun Blade." both Lightning and Squall spoke at the same time.

They then looked at each other, a pause pretty much it was the fires of rivalry sprouting up between them. Aerith actually giggled a little inwardly at their behavior.

"Can you both maybe make a gunblade using those swords?" asked Aerith.

Lightning looked around, as did Squall when they found a gun stash. They handed Laguna some bullets for his gun, and began taking apart the guns, cleaning the blades with Kuja's help, they knew if they attached a way to fire off the guns on these blades, then the parasites wouldn't be able to attach since they would be blown off. Kuja cleansed Aerith's iron rod, but she didn't know quite what to do to make sure it didn't become infected again. It hit her then, her holy materia would cleanse any parasites trying to get onto it. She placed the materia onto the rod and infused it, the rod began to glow and suddenly her Princess Guard staff was in her hands.

A gift.

The voice had spoken again, and Aerith smiled a bit, feeling something drop she looked down and saw two materias had fallen from the staff. She picked them up and handed Tifa one. Tifa tried to access her materia, nodding when she saw it granted her blizzard magic abilities. Aerith examined hers and activated it, a gust of wind went through, wind magics had been granted to her on top of Quake. Aero or Tonrado magics, she was glad to have them on her side. Finally Squall and Lightning finished. Lightning's sword was now smaller but quicker, it had less of an ability with power, but it could actually transform into a gun and shoot. While Squall's was more bulky and didn't transform, instead it could unleash gun blasts with slices.

"So you have a different style of gunblade then me." spoke Lightning.

"Seifer even has a different one then I do in case we run into him." spoke Squall.

Lightning's eyes glinted with a sort of rivalry. "Seifer you say? A third gunblader." she spoke.

Squall nodded, Lightning was now far more intrigued then she had been before this. They began to move forward only to see three villager ladies with chain saws. They nodded at each other and split up, Marlene was behind Aerith and Kuja who got cornered in one area. Laguna and Tifa were running while trying to battle another one. This left Lightning, Squall to the third one. Aerith did her best to fight the chain saw, using her wind magics to make sure the other didn't get too close, while Kuja attempted to hold off any other villagers who were coming with pitch forks, using his flare and holy attacks. However she got too close and Aerith held her off with her Princess Guard, silently praying, she felt something hit her then.

'This is...Great Gospel.' she thought.

Then the power was unleashed from her as the angels came down and shrouded Aerith with her holy powers. She stepped forward and began to use her quake magic, also bludgeoning the woman with the chain saw, even as it hit Aerith's skin, she was not torn because of the holy powers surrounding her. Instead it practically bounced off as Aerith then killed the woman with the chain saw and Kuja finished off all other villagers who were coming.

"You were good little dove, but I of course was amazing as well." spoke his narcissistic tone.

Aerith couldn't help but smile, she was used to Kuja's antics by now, Marlene just ran up behind Aerith staying close.

- Meanwhile with Lightning and Squall -

Lightning and Squall were battling villagers and the woman with the chain saw. Squall summoned up some of the magics he'd drawn and unleashed a blizzard attack on several of the villagers, while Lightning used her gun blade and shot a few. Squall then charged in and sliced down many while unleashing his gun blade's abilities. Lightning saw the chain saw come for her and she was sliced badly in the leg while Squall got in front of her. Lightning looked at him, it wasn't rivalry at that moment, they were friends now as he defended her.

"Come on, you can't let someone bring down a fellow gunblader, right?" spoke Squall.

She smiled at him and slowly stood up, suddenly her L'Cie mark began to glow, she smirked and summoned Odin from it. Getting on the horse after Odin cleared away many of the enemies, Lightning charged and used her abilities with Odin, flower petals falling everywhere as she sliced the woman with the chain saw into pieces, the summon then disappeared and she looked to Squall, her leg was bleeding badly and he walked over and began to wrap it up as best as possible with some paper he found until his father could get to them.

- Meanwhile with Laguna and Tifa -

Tifa was fighting the woman with the chain saw, she was doing her best using cold and fire to fight the demon woman. Laguna of course put a barrier spell on Tifa to make sure she didn't get hit too badly while he shot down villagers who came charging in. Tifa kept fighting but she wasn't really doing too well, not with this sort of weapon, every kick or punch she tried to land almost got her bloodied up. Laguna noticed she was having troubles, but he was surrounded, that's when he felt the power hit him.

He moved and grabbed a nearby rope, climbing up it he unleashed Desperado upon the enemies, slaughtering them in a barrage of flames and bullets. Tifa looked up to him with a smile and he gave her a thumbs up. That's when he noticed Lightning and Squall and saw her began to bleed. He motioned for Tifa to follow and ran over using some of the cure magic he had on him to help heal up the wound, though it was too deep for just magic.

"We need to find bandages." spoke Laguna looking to Tifa with concern.

Aerith, Kuja, and Marlene ran up next, Kuja cleansed the wound but it did need bandages. They began to search in the pack they had, the vials were there, the blanket, and the papers.

"Wait here!" exclaimed Tifa as she began to search the buildings. That's when she saw him...Sephiroth.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Author: Please review, yes all limit breaks will eventually be used, just started using some this chapter, I realize Lightning did not use hers, she used a summon, most summons will be present eventually as well. Also KH characters may be used in stories told, but none will be in this story, sorry.
Sign up to rate and review this story