Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Resident Fantasy

Chapter Six

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Sephiroth enters the fray.

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2013-01-09 - Updated: 2013-01-09 - 2071 words

0Unrated
Resident Fantasy

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this.

6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Chapter Six: One Winged Angel

6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Sephiroth looked at Tifa with those aqua eyes, a devilish smirk upon his lips, she of course put herself into a fighting stance. Sephiroth however just sighed, she charged at him only to be thrown into one of the walls. His long silver locks of hair and pointed bangs were as ever noticeable as ever. Sephiroth was wearing strange clothes though, his body had a light blue cotton shirt on it, as he wore black leather pants, and black leather work boots. His masamune was not on him.

"What are you doing here!?" exclaimed Tifa.

Aerith heard from the group and went running to look, when she saw Sephiroth, she felt her blood run cold. Sephiroth looked to her and smirked walking over to her, however she was surprised to see Kuja step in front of her.

"Move." spoke Sephiroth.

"I'm sorry but you cannot hurt little dove." spoke Kuja, showing his dominance.

Sephiroth looked to Kuja, he felt an intrigue with the other, his wing came out then, his one black angelic wing.

"Oh my you are a rare Canary after all." spoke Kuja looking to the wing.

"Canary?" asked Sephiroth.

"Yes a beautiful and amazing bird. I do find Canary's to be the most attractive of their species of bird." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth actually looked confused before looking to Aerith. "Where are we?" he asked.

She looked at him distrusting, and he sighed and stepped back. "Look, I really...ok so maybe I've killed you before, but what does it gain me now? I have no power here, everything of mine is gone. Jenova is gone, my sword is gone." he spoke.

"Liar!" yelled Tifa running at him, however this time she was stopped by Aerith who gave her a look.

"What do you mean liar?" asked Aerith.

"Last time he came back in three parts without Jenova." spoke Tifa.

"I can still become them now, right now I've been trying to remain myself." spoke Sephiroth.

Aerith walked over looking at Sephiroth she placed a hand onto his shoulder. "You're suffering." she spoke.

Sephiroth looked down. "So this is what suffering truly feels like. I had almost forgotten." he spoke.

"Aerith you can't trust him!" exclaimed Tifa.

Aerith then looked to Kuja who almost seemed mesmerized by Sephiroth's beauty, in fact he was looking over the other as though he was a piece of delicious meat. Aerith looked to Sephiroth. "Let me help." she spoke.

Tifa looked shocked, and Kuja looked at Aerith with intrigue. "You would try to help me? After what I did?" asked Sephiroth.

"Everyone deserves at least one chance at redemption in my eyes." spoke Aerith.

"A beautiful moonlit Canary is to join us? Little dove you have exquisite taste." spoke Kuja.

Sephiroth looked to Kuja then, it wasn't every day he met someone who could exude as much power as he had, it was intriguing.

"So you don't have a weapon, do you have any materia?" asked Aerith.

"No I don't, I was reborn without anything, no weapons. I already split into the three of them for one day here, I can only remain this way for a while before splitting without Jenova." spoke Sephiroth.

"Will Kadaj or the others try to kill me?" asked Aerith.

"No without Jenova even in this universe, I've gained back a lot of my abilities to think." spoke Sephiroth.

"So you mean you've regained some of your sanity? How can we believe you?" asked Tifa.

"You can't...but really there's no reason for me to fight you now." spoke Sephiroth.

Aerith nodded, then she remembered Lightning needed the bandages and looked to Tifa who nodded. "Go wait with Squall and Laguna. If we come back and they're alive, then I may trust you a little. DON'T touch Marlene." spoke Tifa.

Sephiroth nodded and walked back, Kuja went with Aerith and Tifa who seemed to be fuming.

"So who is he?" asked Kuja.

Aerith began to explain what all had happened with Sephiroth, Kuja listened as they searched for the bandages. Kuja looked down once she had told the story.

"That sounds like a tragic experience, truly a catastrophe for him to find out the way he did." spoke Kuja.

"Maybe this time I can get through to him." spoke Aerith.

Kuja nodded and Tifa found the bandages, they ran back, Sephiroth was standing next to Squall who looked displeased, Tifa ran up and wrapped Lightning's wound, while Marlene stayed behind Laguna.

"Everyone this is Sephiroth." spoke Aerith.

"We did introduce ourselves, but the question is, now what?" asked Squall.

"We need to find Sephiroth a weapon." spoke Aerith.

"Whoa hang on! We're not doing that!" exclaimed Tifa.

"What!?" exclaimed Aerith.

"We can't trust him with a weapon, not yet." spoke Tifa.

Aerith sighed, but then it was Sephiroth who spoke up. "It's ok, let me try to earn some trust." he spoke, a little defeated.

Aerith slowly nodded and they began to walk again, Lightning was leaning on Sephiroth as they did walk, as she needed to help walk out the wound a bit before standing on her own. They looked around seeing a hut up ahead as it was getting dark once again, they'd barely been able to make any headway that day, but Aerith knew it would probably get worse before it got better. Tifa was watching Sephiroth like a hawk to boot, though Aerith couldn't blame her. Squall was the leading the group now as he looked around the hut first before entering it.

Kuja was getting closer to Sephiroth, following him and looking at him with interest. Sephiroth could feel the other's presence and looked over at him, Kuja smirked at Sephiroth who of course ebgan to think the other was plotting something, not that he couldn't smirk back which he did.

"You are not entirely unlike me." spoke Sephiroth.

Kuja nodded and moved closer, Lightning was being helped to a chair in the hut, while Tifa started a fire in the fireplace there. Laguna was looking around the place for anything edible, while Marlene had found a broom and was sweeping to help them have a nicer place to sleep.

Squall was the first to find an egg, handing it to Aerith who used her holy materia to purify it, as Kuja seemed a bit preoccupied.

"Thank You Squall." spoke Aerith.

"Whatever, let's just get out of this dump." spoke Squall.

Aerith nodded and began to find a way to cook the egg, that's when she found some vegetables in the cupboard, she washed them thoroughly and checked for any mold. Kuja then did look to her long enough to purify them, since her materia couldn't do the job as well. She began to cook them over the fire using a washed pan she found.

"We're lucky to have running water." spoke Laguna.

"That's true, but this place is still so dingy and dirty, it's not a place to live permanently, I'm not sure how these villagers have." spoke Tifa.

"Hey look what I found." spoke Lightning pulling out some papers that looked similar to the ones that Aerith had.

Aerith walked over and glanced at them, this time the papers were about a company named Umbrella, the company first sponsored the experiments and the government ordered everything to be destroyed in Raccoon City. However now Umbrella was separate from the recent experiments which had been seen in news, or at least they claimed to be.

"Just like Shinra." spoke Sephiroth.

They all looked to him and he sighed. "This is a corrupt company, just like Shinra who injected mako into all of their soldiers and practically made them into Shinra's property. Shinra denied causing the damage that killed many, and some mako experiments actually turned Soldiers into monsters." spoke Sephiroth.

"You were the worst of them all." spoke Tifa bitterly.

Sephiroth looked down. "In the end I was just another monster they caused to happen I suppose." spoke Sephiroth.

"So will we be running into Rufus?" asked Marlene.

"I doubt it, they are a separate company. But easily just as corrupt using the parasites to control people, and denying their involvement." spoke Sephiroth.

"Are we sure they're denying it?" asked Squall.

"Well on the back of this paper has a named written on it." spoke Aerith.

"A name?" asked Tifa.

"Ada Wong, secret operative for Umbrella has been sent in to destroy the one in charge of Los Illuminados. - Leon Kennedy." she spoke.

"So a man named Leon was here?" asked Tifa.

"Yes and he wrote that and left the paper here, I wonder why he didn't take it with him." spoke Aerith.

Squall came down the stairs then and sighed. "Probably because he's up stairs with a woman with him, her name is Ashley, and they seem worse off then we do." spoke Squall.

"Really?" asked Aerith.

Squall nodded, and Aerith quickly ran to the stairs, looking up at the two of them. Leon looked to her, she ran up the stairs and began to check them over, Leon merely waved an arm.

"Don't bother." he spoke.

"What do you mean?" asked Aerith.

"We've both been injected with the parasites. Our bodies are fighting them as much as possible." spoke Ashley.

"Oh no, you poor things." spoke Aerith.

"We have a cure in our pack which Squall found." spoke Laguna.

"Do you guys need it?" asked Aerith.

Leon coughed and nodded, Aerith ran over and got the vials and helped Leon and Ashley take them.

"So now what?" asked Leon.

"You guys should probably escape, after being injected like that. Leave this cult to us." spoke Aerith.

Leon nodded with Ashley, Tifa then spoke. "We cleared a path up until here of all the villagers, I must say it was a challenge, but you should be able to get out of here safely." spoke Tifa.

Leon nodded and thanked them before getting ready to leave with Ashley, the job he'd been sent here to do, he then handed Aerith his papers that he'd found, giving her the name of the man in charge, Saddler. It also had all the information about Los Illuminados. Aerith put the papers away and Leon looked to her.

"Finish what I started." he spoke.

Aerith nodded and Leon and Ashley left, Aerith looked to the others then. "That's why we were sent here." she spoke.

"To help him?" asked Tifa.

"Yes that has to be it." spoke Aerith.

"But why would one man come here alone and try to face all of this?" asked Laguna.

"I can understand it to some extent." spoke Lightning.

They all looked to Lightning then. "I was a soldier in my universe. We did what we were told, until I became a L'Cie, the very thing they were hunting. I became it after my sister had become one. Serah, I had to find her and protect her." spoke Lightning.

"So you'd have done anything for her?" asked Aerith.

Lightning smiled a little and nodded, Squall then spoke. "I remember feeling that way about Rinoa, I'd have done anything to save her. She's my love, and I miss her even now, but I'm glad she might not be in this hell hole." spoke Squall.

Squall and Lightning really were a lot alike, both had protected the ones they loved the most. Sister, love, anything like that. They had sacrificed a lot for them. Leon had been sent here to rescue Ashley, that much Aerith could read form his notes on the papers. Apparently he'd run into Ada Wong before this as well. Finally the food was ready and they ate a good dinner, rationed of course in portions for all, before they all lay back and went to sleep.

6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Author: ok a few notes. Sephiroth is a bit OOC, I'm not making him a mad man in this fic, sorry. He will still have some of his base character obviously, I'm just not gonna have him attacking Aerith. Leon and Ashley, that is the last time we'll see them until the end of this fic at all. Ada Wong we may see. This is a Resident Evil 4 universe mixed with FF characters, so obviously I will not be focusing on the RE4 characters too much. Please review, I hope you like it so far ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story