Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Snow

Chapter Two

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

A continuation of Snow.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Tohru,Yuki,Kyo,Kagura,Hatsuharu - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 1813 words - Complete

0Unrated
Snow

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

Chapter Two: Stepping In Puddles

Tohru was still a little shaken up from the days beforehand, but now she seemed to be grasping her emotions more. Still she hadn't meant to speak out like she did. Kyo however seemed unbothered by it, hell he even seemed happy that she'd spoken out like that. Still that was when they got the phone call.

"Ishizu is in the hospital?" asked Shigure in surprise on the phone.

Tohru dropped the dish she'd been cleaning at the news, breaking it on the floor. Yuki glanced over at her in worry as her face had gone pale.

"Is she alright!" exclaimed Tohru in worry.

Shigure placed a hand up to make her stop as he listened to Hatori a little longer before he hung up the phone.

"Right her arm is broken. Turns out she upset Akito who pushed her out of a window." spoke Shigure.

Tohru's eyes had gone wide as tears filled them, Yuki put a hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her, she just cried then which was when Shigure went and called Hatori back. Soon they were in the car on the way to the hospital. Yuki just pet her head as she cried on his shoulder, Kyo of course was looking out the window, Hatori was driving and Shigure was next to him. Once they arrived Tohru ran to see Rin, while Yuki followed after her a bit. Tohru ran in to see Kisa, Hiro, and Haru standing there in the room.

"Hmph well of course she'd show up." spoke Hiro's annoyed tone.

"Sissy!" exclaimed Kisa.

Tohru ran to Rin's side sitting next to her, as Rin looked up at her a man walked in who Tohru didn't know. He had a soft smile about him, and he seemed about Shigure's age. He looked at Tohru a bit shocked to see her there but he smiled politely before he spoke.

"Hello there, my name's Kureno Sohma. Pleased to meet you." he spoke politely.

"Tohru Honda, pleased to meet you too." she spoke with a bow.

Kureno smiled and walked past her looking to Rin who was sleeping soundly in the bed, she looked pretty beat up.

"Well it seems she's feeling better, I'm glad." spoke Kureno.

Tohru turned to look at her, smiling a little she nodded, Kureno turned to walk out when she looked after him curiously.

"I can't believe he came." spoke Haru.

"Who...who is he?" asked Tohru.

"Akito's pet." spoke Yuki rather bitterly.

Tohru looked to Yuki a little shocked at his words. "Pet?" she asked.

"Kureno used to be the bird, he transformed into a sparrow. Though technically the curse speaks of a rooster. Still his curse has been lifted for a long time now. He obeyed Akito, served under him for years. He still serves under Akito, but less now. I suppose he probably came because Akito actually injuring her could cause problems for himself." spoke Yuki.

"So he used to be cursed, but he's not now?" asked Tohru.

Yuki nodded and Tohru looked to Rin before looking to Yuki. "Can you wait here with her?" asked Tohru.

Yuki nodded looking at her quizzically, which was when she ran after Kureno. Kureno was standing out front seeming to be waiting for his driver to come around when Tohru ran up to him.

"Excuse me, Kureno?" she asked.

He turned and looked at her quizzically. "May I ask you something?" she asked.

Kureno just smiled a little. "If I may ask, did Yuki say anything to provoke this from you?" he asked.

She nodded a little which was when he sighed and spoke again. "I suppose I am considered Akito's pet. Really I've served a lot of time with him, still what does this bring from you?" he asked.

"I was just wondering, how did you break your curse?" asked Tohru.

Kureno was shocked at the question but he re-composed himself, looking at her with a polite smile.

"I suppose it's hard to say, after all everyone cursed has to find their own way to break their curse." he spoke.

Tohru was shocked a little but then she spoke out. "There has to be a way to break it forever, right?" she asked.

Kureno sighed and smiled a little. "Truth is I miss it." he said.

She tilted her head to the side curiously looking at him. "Why?" she asked.

"I miss being able to fly." he said.

Tohru looked at him a little shocked as he spoke once again. "I mean there's nothing like it. Though I remember when the curse broken I was surrounded by sparrows and they all flew off away from me." he spoke.

"Well but maybe that was their way of saying you're free, right?" asked Tohru.

Kureno looked to her and she smiled a little. "I mean you can do whatever you want now, hug any girl, fall in love. Live a life away from the curse, right?" asked Tohru.

Kureno smiled a little. "It's just not that simple." he spoke.

She nodded and sighed. "I guess, there really is no way to escape the curse. Though I really don't know anything about it." spoke Tohru.

"And there's no reason you should, still it's refreshing to hear from an outsider what it's like, to see what it's like from the outside." spoke Kureno's polite tone.

Tohru smiled a little and Kureno left after that. She then walked back into the room just as Rin was awakening and sat next to her. Rin looked up at her shocked to see her there.

"You came?" asked Rin.

Tohru nodded. "Of course, you could use a friend here." she said.

Rin was a little shocked and looked away from her. "It's not like you know me." she said.

Tohru looked over at Rin and just smiled her smile, Yuki then spoke up. "Why did Akito...why did he?" asked Yuki.

Rin shook her head as she sat up fully. "I was with Hatori that day talking to him about Kyo, Akito got angry because of how I spoke of Kagura and Kyo. I think he knew to some degree of her feelings, but not the extent that they were, so of course he pushed me and out the window I went. But Kagura, and her family have taken care of me. I'd defend her no matter what." spoke Rin.

"But what about your own family?" asked Tohru.

Rin smiled a little bitterly before she spoke again. "I...I made them tell me they didn't love me. I was tired of them pretending that they did when they didn't." spoke Rin.

Tohru's eyes went wide and she moved in closer. "But they love you." she said looking around at Hiro, Kisa, Yuki, and Haru.

Rin looked up a little shocked at the words, Yuki moved in closer and smiled. "You used to visit me in that room, you and Haru sneaking in to help me." he spoke.

Haru nodded and smiled. "I mean we're friends you and I, you helped me with Yuki to help him." spoke Haru.

"Just because they don't care, doesn't mean we don't care. I'm the one who got someone when you were pushed out of the window after all." spoke Hiro.

"Yeah I mean we're you're family too." spoke Kisa holding onto Hiro's arm affectionately.

Rin looked to Tohru who looked at her with determination. "There are people who care about you, no matter what you've done or what is going on." spoke Tohru.

Rin smiled a little, of course she was still pretty guarded but Tohru really was alright with her. Soon their visit was over and Yuki and Tohru left, Haru coming with them of course as Hatori drove them all back. When they reached Shigure's house, Kyo of course had been with Hatori and Shigure the whole time at the hospital.

"So what, you're spending the night?" asked Kyo.

Haru looked over at him and Kyo just sighed. "Whatever." he said leaving to the roof.

Haru of course looked over at Yuki as Tohru went to prepare them something to eat.

"You know I made a deal to make sure you could move out here away from the main house with Shigure. If I called him Sensei he'd take you in." spoke Haru.

Yuki was a little shocked at the news and he asked. "Why?" he spoke.

Haru just shook his head. "I said it once, didn't I?" he asked.

Yuki just smiled a little and nodded, Haru went to curl up near the heater exhausted from the day, Tohru of course came in with some food for him before she turned to Yuki who was staring out the window and walked over.

"Everything alright?" asked Tohru.

"I just...I mean she's my friend. I really wish she didn't have to suffer as she did." spoke Yuki.

Tohru just smiled a little and handed him his food. "But do you think we got through?" she asked.

Yuki looked to her and smiled a little. "I think you did." he said.

She blushed. "Oh no, really I didn't do anything special." she spoke modestly.

"No really I think you did, I think your being there as an outsider really did prove to her that others can care for her." spoke Yuki.

Tohru was blushing as Yuki leaned in closer, they were of course so close, she was blushing and hiding her face as he smiled.

"It's alright, I like that about you, how you always help everyone." spoke his soft tone.

"I...Yuki..." she spoke shyly.

Which was when Kyo and Shigure walked in and broke the moment. "Yo, so now what?" asked Kyo.

Tohru turned looking to him and he smirked. "Tomorrow is a holiday, what should we do?" he asked.

Shigure cleared his throat before speaking. "Well I was thinking of inviting Kazuma over, he said he wanted to speak to you Tohru." spoke Shigure.

Tohru nodded and Kyo looked over at Yuki. "Hey you damn rat." he spoke.

Yuki looked over at Kyo. "What is it you stupid cat?" he asked.

"Let's fight." he spoke with a grin.

Yuki simply shook his head and smirked. "Alright." he said and followed Kyo outside. Haru then walked in and looked at Tohru.

"You like him?" he asked.

She turned and looked to Haru. "I...I don't know." she said.

"Well you two are getting close, and you don't like Kyo from what I heard." spoke Haru.

"I...I...it's complicated." she said.

Haru just smiled and nodded. "That's ok, take your time. Anyway, thanks for looking out for Rin. She's one of my good friends." he said.

Tohru smiled and nodded, as the day passed by quickly and soon was gone.

Author: Please Revie
Sign up to rate and review this story