Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Snow

Chapter Three

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of Snow

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 1763 words - Complete

0Unrated
Snow

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Chapter Three: Flying Against The Wind

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Kagura came for a visit after that, she hugged Tohru of course and smiled at her. "Oh Tohru I heard everything! I'm so happy you helped Rin!" she exclaimed.

Kyo of course walked in after she had said that, and she stopped looking at him with that same awestruck look.

"Kyo..." she began.

She had calmed down a bit around him after his transformation, but her feelings were still written on her face. She did love Kyo, Kagura couldn't truly let him go forever. Even though she had given Tohru the chance to go after him and help him, she knew he knew about her feelings for him. Kyo just smiled a little at Kagura and walked over sitting next to her. Yuki of course looked at them a little shocked at how nice Kyo was being. Of course maybe Kyo was beginning to calm down finally.

Tohru had been a good influence on him, that was for sure. Kyo of course took some time to talk with Kagura then, the both of them stepping out front.

"You know, I guess I was glad when it was made apparent that you didn't do what my mother did either." spoke Kyo to her.

Kagura smiled a little and Kyo sighed. "Still it was hard to take, you're not good with your emotions, but neither am I. Right?" spoke Kyo.

Kagura nodded and looked at him honestly. "You love her, don't you?" asked Kagura.

Kyo went tense as Kagura moved to his side. "But she doesn't love you the way you love her, does she?" asked Kagura's caring tone.

Kyo looked at her with pain in his eyes. "Even so you know she cares about you, she really does." spoke Kagura.

"I know she does, but I...I don't know." spoke Kyo.

"Kyo, what is it you want?" asked Kagura.

"I want someone to really love me. My pain with my own mother, all the motions she went through. I thought Tohru might, but at the same time I knew. No matter how much, I knew she loved him. Yes it was painful, but I knew. I guess in a way it was like how I was treating you. I was scared of you, it's the truth. Your emotions remind me so of my own in many ways. Losing control so much, and yet I knew in many ways it made us good together. I liked you when we were younger, but I was scared of you." spoke Kyo.

Kagura smiled a little and put his hand into hers. "I love you Kyo. I've seen your other form, I've seen all of you. I know what you are, who you are. I'm not afraid anymore of my own emotions towards you. You see I know I lose control, I just miss you so hard sometimes." spoke Kagura.

Kyo looked at the ground trying to think when Kagura let of his hand and he reached grabbing hers suddenly, catching her in shock. She looked at him with wide brown eyes.

"I...I guess I was afraid not just of your outbursts. I was afraid of you, afraid of what you and I could mean. Afraid of what your love could be. I mean think about it, what if you were like my mother? I didn't know what to say or do when we were younger, and I still don't know what I'm saying or doing with you. I'm afraid still, afraid of what could happen. Afraid of what feelings I could have for you perhaps. I had them when I was younger, they're not completely gone even with all the pain we've caused each other. I mean I know it sounds crazy, first loves aren't always perfect and they don't always work, but this love may work." spoke Kyo.

Kagura was crying actually then her other hand up to her tears, Kyo felt bad as he moved to get closer she reached up slowly and looked at him with those brown eyes.

"Kyo I know I can be emotional, I know I have a temper, I know I lose control. But with you, with you I feel like I am whole. Like I can be in love with you completely. I know we're not perfect, and you must know I do love you, all of you. I want you to know that at least, even if you're not with me. But I want to be with you Kyo, more then anything." spoke Kagura.

Kyo looked at her with a softened gaze and then leaned down kissing her sweetly, Tohru saw and gasped silently to herself, she smiled a little and slipped back inside. She then walked to her room and looked around spotting the red hat she'd obtained as a child.

She remembered it too, the memories from then as she sat down on her bed thinking about what had just occurred. She remembered being lost as a child and a boy giving her the hat. He had helped her when she became lost to get back home, and when they'd gotten there he'd given her the hat. She'd never really had a chance to thank him for it since she didn't know who the boy was.

Yuki was passing Tohru's room and saw her with the hat, his eyes did go wide that she still had it. Surely she didn't remember, did she? He was shocked that this was the girl he'd helped, were the fates truly so kind? He hadn't even thought about this until now, but he was the boy who had helped her back then. He'd stolen the hat from Kyo of course after he'd become particularly angry with him. Yuki didn't speak up now though as he walked past the room. Surely she didn't remember, did she?

It was so long ago, Yuki really couldn't even think of what it meant. How could he think of what it meant? It was so complicated, how could this girl Tohru be the same girl from that long ago? Tohru probably didn't remember so he of course regained his composure when she came out of her room and looked at him curiously.

"Yuki?" she asked in concern.

He smiled gently at her, she couldn't have remembered something so trivial, truly she couldn't. She was so beautiful though, so amazing. Yuki wanted to say it then, how he felt for her, but it was just so hard. He couldn't get the words from his lips, they just wouldn't leave him and before he knew it Shigure was calling for Tohru about something and he'd lost his chance.

Yuki watched as Kyo and Kagura came in holding hands, they were congratulated of course and teased by Shigure which was when Kyo wound up shouting. "You are so full of it!" Yuki's eyes were on her though, she was the only thing he wanted. And he realized then, how far he'd fallen for her. Yuki couldn't put his finger on it, but everything in him now wanted to confess to her his feelings.

She had made her way into his heart over time, always so caring, always saying what he needed to hear at the right time. Was there anyone else out there for him? No it couldn't be true, she had to be his. Tohru, sweet Tohru, he had to have her as his own. But how? What if she rejected him? Yuki was never more frightened then at that moment. That was when Kazuma walked in, that was right he was supposed to speak to Tohru.

"Tohru may I speak with you alone?" asked Kazuma.

Tohru nodded and followed him where they sat down was closed off as Yuki waited with baited breath.

"You are close to both Yuki and Kyo." spoke Kazuma.

"Ah, y-yes I am." spoke Tohru's nervous tone.

"I heard you rejected Kyo." spoke Kazuma.

"I...I did." spoke Tohru looking down in shame.

"Why?" asked Kazuma.

She looked up in shock at him. "What?" she asked.

"Why did you not go with Kyo?" asked Kazuma.

"B-Because I...." began Tohru.

"Yes?" asked Kazuma.

Tohru gulped and clenched her hands in her lap as she looked down before she spoke quietly at first.

"Kyo is a dear friend to me. I love him and care for him a great deal. But I..." she spoke.

"You love Yuki?" asked Kazuma.

Tohru looked down, she was so unsure, did she? She did love Yuki a great deal, but was it? Was it that?

Kazuma chuckled and spoke up. "It's so obvious." spoke Kazuma.

She looked up in shock. "What is?" asked Tohru.

"Were you aware that Kyo was falling for you?" asked Kazuma.

"Wh-wha!?" exclaimed Tohru in shock.

"Why I removed his bracelet was to test you, to see if you truly cared for him. You do seem to care for him, but love isn't the word you'd use? I am glad you care for him so much. If you hadn't then I would have been worried. But this, this is just the truth. It's written all over your face. You love the cat, this is true. But you're in love with the rat." spoke Kazuma.

"I..." began Tohru.

"No Tohru just listen to me. When you think of Kyo, what do you feel?" asked Kazuma.

"I feel safe, I care for him a great deal. I have always loved the cat and around Kyo that is true. I love him for who he is, I care for him." spoke Tohru.

"You feel safe, so what about Yuki?" asked Kazuma.

"I feel as though I must do anything I can for him. He makes me smile and blush. Whenever he's in the room it becomes so much warmer and brighter. Yuki lights up my world." spoke Tohru.

"Then there you go, you have you answer." spoke Kazuma.

Kazuma moved to stand up and smiled at her. "Tohru, you must find a way to show how you really feel to Yuki." spoke Kazuma.

She nodded slowly shocked as he walked out and she slowly stood up after him and looked at him. "Will you be staying for dinner?" she asked.

Kazuma smiled. "That would be wonderful." he spoke.

She smiled and moved to begin cooking, Yuki went to the kitchen door wondering why she seemed so flustered, she was bright red.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Author: Please Review. Thanks for all the reviews so far guys, I'm trying hard on this fic.
Sign up to rate and review this story