Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > My Place Is With Them

Chapter Three

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of My Place Is With Them.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu,Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-09-04 - Updated: 2012-09-04 - 1736 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Place Is With Them

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Chapter Three: Kyo and Tohru

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

The next morning Yuki looked at the calender in the house, he realized then that Valentine's Day was soon. He of course looked to Tohru and Kyo, he of course knew they'd have a date together. Still he knew he probably wasn't supposed to get her a gift, yet he wanted to for White Day. He walked to school concentrated on looking at the ground. He wondered why it was that all those chocolates always meant nothing. Why was it he couldn't move on with Machi anyway? He looked at his locker, Haru looked at him with concern.

"You ok Yuki?" asked Haru.

Yuki looked up and smiled a little at Haru, but Haru could see through that polite smile.

"It's because Valentine's day is coming up, right?" he spoke.

Yuki nodded a little and Haru put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey it'll be ok, I'll help you through it." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded a little. "Should I get her something for White Day?" he asked.

Haru frowned and thought. "If she gives you chocolates." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded and Haru plotted, so what was it supposed to be like if a guy got another guy something? Haru didn't know but the more he thought about it, he wanted to get Yuki something. Of course after school Yuki had a student council meeting, so Haru went out. Kyo and Tohru walked home together, Tohru was looking at the ground and Kyo looked at her quizzically.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Valentine's Day is coming out. Is it ok if I get the others chocolates?" asked Tohru.

Kyo stopped putting his hands in his pockets. "Yeah sure why not?" he spoke.

Tohru smiled. "So what are we doing for Valentine's?" she asked.

Kyo smiled at her, but he could see it in her eyes. She was thinking not just of Valentine's Day, she was thinking of Yuki.

"He's been on your mind a lot." spoke Kyo.

Tohru looked to Kyo and sighed. "Well yeah he's just been so down. I can tell even though he tries to be polite." spoke Tohru.

"Yeah he's been in a horrible mood, kinda glad we don't fight anymore like we used to." spoke Kyo.

Tohru nodded and she and Kyo headed into the house. Tohru began to wash dishes, she began to think about it. She loved Kyo that was true, so why did her heart feel so heavy? She felt so conflicted and confused as she went to her room. She looked out the window.

"Oh mom what do I do? Why do I feel so heavy hearted?" she asked.

She closed her eyes and began to remember her mother's words. -Love, true love doesn't question. There are obstacles of course, but in the end true love is clear, you just have to think about who it is you think about all the time. At least some day you'll know that.-

Tohru's eyes opened and went wide as she put a hand to her heart. "I don't think about Kyo all the time...I think about..." she spoke to herself.

Yuki

Yes she thought about Kyo, she cared for Kyo, she accepted Kyo. She even thought about Kyo, but when it came down to it. Her heart, her mind, her everything was devoted to Yuki. She loved Kyo, in fact she never wanted to hurt anyone, if it had been possible she would have tried to be the girl for them both, to make them both happy. But Kyo wasn't the type to share, especially not with Yuki, the rat. She began to feel horrible, she loved the cat, but she was in love with the rat. She just shook her head, she couldn't hurt Kyo, she just couldn't. She of course went down to cook dinner and Haru walked in, he had a bag and he looked at her.

"Uh oh, you look pretty pale." spoke Haru.

"Wh-what? I do?" asked Tohru.

Tohru suddenly started to feel faint and as she collapsed Haru ran over and caught her, unfortunately he transformed in doing so.

"Hey! Help!" he exclaimed.

Hearing this Kyo came down and looked at Tohru.

"What happened!?" he exclaimed.

Haru sighed. "I think she's sick." he spoke.

Kyo ran over worriedly and checked her forehead, she was running a fever and he put her onto Haru's back, Haru got her to the stairs before Kyo carried her to her bed. He sat next to the bed, and Haru poofed back. Haru quickly put on his clothes and ran up next to Kyo.

"You wanna call Hatori?" asked Haru.

Kyo sighed. "Yeah I will." he said.

Haru stayed next to her while Kyo went to get the call done. Tohru slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Haru.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"What for?" asked Haru.

"For getting sick." she said.

"That's not something you can help, right?" spoke Haru.

"No but I...I am worrying about something and I think it made me sick again." she said.

"What are you worried about?" asked Haru.

"I...I can't say." she spoke with tears coming to her eyes.

Haru frowned and sighed. "Listen, you have to say. If you don't get it out, it'll make you feel worse." he said.

She shook her head and Haru sighed. "You know, I'm not saying something either. I'm not talking about something too, and it's been eating away at me. I have a feeling I might end up like you one of these days." spoke Haru.

Tohru looked at Haru confused. "I'm in love with Yuki." spoke Haru.

Her eyes went wide and she slowly sat up looking at Haru, he looked at her eyes and then he knew.

"And so are you, right?" he spoke.

Tohru put her face into her hands and began to cry but Haru moved over and placed a hand on her back and pulled her close hugging her, he transformed again but she leaned against the cow crying.

"I-I don't wanna hurt Kyo." she sobbed.

Haru looked to her in cow form. "Yuki loves you." he said.

She looked at him in shock. "Wh-what?" she asked.

"Yuki's been in love with you this entire time. It's why he left Machi. He said he wouldn't care if you were with Kyo, he wants you no matter who else you're with, no matter who you love. He is in love with you." spoke Haru.

Tohru looked down at the floor and Haru transformed back, she of course looked away quickly and Haru put on his clothes.

"I want Yuki's happiness." spoke Haru.

"Hatsuharu..." spoke Tohru.

Haru looked to Tohru. "What is it?" he asked.

"What about envy and jealousy? I mean don't we all feel those things sometimes?" asked Tohru.

Haru sat down. "Yuki has felt it with you, but when I asked him, would he date you if you were still with Kyo, would he? Do you know what his answer was?" asked Haru.

"What?" asked Tohru.

"That he wants to be with you no matter what, but that he'd never ruin your happiness if you wanted to only be with Kyo." spoke Haru.

Tohru looked down and Haru sighed. "Love is different, it comes in different forms. Jealousy is a longing for something you can't have, a normal emotion. But sometimes love can surpass jealousy, sometimes there's love without it. Then sometimes there's love with is. Neither is right, it just depends on the person who is feeling the love and their heart." spoke Haru.

Tohru thought about it. "I... once asked myself why do people get jealous. I once thought about it. I always thought it was because they wanted traits the other person they were jealous of had." spoke Tohru.

"Well yes, there's that type of jealousy. And then there's the desire to keep someone all to yourself because you love them that much, you don't wish to share them." spoke Haru.

"Is that how...is that how you feel?" asked Tohru.

Haru shook his head. "No." he spoke.

"What do you think then?" asked Tohru.

"I want Yuki happy no matter what. No matter who he's with. Even if I could never have him." spoke Haru.

Tohru nodded and Haru continued. "If you could have both Yuki and Kyo I would be happy because Yuki would be happy. Perhaps they've fought over you in the past, but Yuki's stopped because he wants your happiness above all. If somehow Yuki could love me and you, would you be jealous of me?" asked Haru.

Tohru thought about it and smiled to herself. "No because...because I want you happy as well." she spoke.

"Exactly, in a way I'm jealous of you because you can capture his heart and I can't, but I...I wouldn't be jealous of you." spoke Haru.

Tohru nodded and sighed. "I feel a little better but still kinda woozy." she said.

Haru helped her lay back and Kyo came back in. "I reached Hatori and ordered dinner like Shigure asked me to after he learned you were sick." spoke Kyo.

Tohru nodded and Kyo sat next to her, Haru got up and glanced back at her, he wondered if she would tell Kyo or not about what they had discussed. He went back to Yuki's room and looked at the present he'd gotten Yuki, it was a small charm with a Cow and a rat riding on its back. He smiled at the charm and began to wrap it, soon Yuki got home and Haru looked over hiding the present.

"What's going on?" asked Yuki.

"Tohru's sick." spoke Haru.

Yuki got a worried look on his face. "Hatori's here already, he's up stairs treating her." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded and sat down. "I finished my student council meeting." spoke Yuki.

"How'd it go?" asked Haru.

"Pretty good. Manabe did ask me why I dumped Machi but I couldn't really explain myself to him. I wanted to but...but it was too hard." spoke Yuki.

"It's ok Yuki, you don't have to explain yourself to them." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded and smiled before he went down to get his dinner, Haru hoped Tohru would come to her senses soon. He hated seeing Yuki so down still.

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Author: Please Review
Sign up to rate and review this story