Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > My Place Is With Them

Chapter Four

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Continuation of my place is with them

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu,Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-10-27 - Updated: 2012-10-28 - 1928 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Place Is With Them

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Chapter Four: Confessions

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Tohru had begun to feel better after that day and got better quickly. She then of course went and got the Valentine's presents for everyone. She looked at the presents she had, she wasn't sure how this would go over but she had gotten the same chocolates for Yuki as she had for Kyo. Both of these chocolates were a little more pricey then the others. She of course packaged them all neatly and soon they were at school. Haru looked at the gift he had for Yuki and sighed.

"Something wrong Haru?" asked Momiji walking up.

"No...just nervous." spoke Haru.

"You? Nervous?" asked Momiji shocked.

Haru nodded and Momiji frowned. "Hey Haru it'll be ok." he said.

Haru looked back and smiled a little, Momiji did find it a little funny since Haru didn't even look nervous, he was pretty good at hiding that sort of thing after all. Yuki was at his locker and suddenly the chocolates did pour out like Uo had wanted before.

"No chicks this year Hana?" asked Uo.

Hana walked over and looked at all the chocolates. "No, this year they decided to make sure Yuki got their chocolates unlike last year." spoke Hana's monotone voice.

Yuki slowly stood up and sighed. "This really is a pain." he spoke.

"Well hey I got the locker trick after all." spoke Uo with a grin.

Haru walked over and Yuki began to walk with Haru while Hana cleaned up the mess taking the chocolates for herself.

"You ok?" asked Haru.

Yuki nodded. "I don't understand how they expect me to go through them all is all." spoke Yuki.

Haru chuckled and looked out the window for a moment before he got out his gift and slowly slipped it into Yuki's hand. Yuki looked down a little astonished and slowly began to open it.

"H-Haru, a Valentine's gift?" asked Yuki a little shocked.

Haru nodded. "Do you like it?" he asked.

Yuki stared at it for a moment as the wheels began to turn in his head. "Haru do you....are you in love with me?" he asked.

Haru smiled a bitter sweet smile and nodded once more. Yuki was absolutely shocked as he looked at the gift.

"But why?" asked Yuki.

"You released me from my demons so long ago. You were my first love, and I know they say first loves are doomed, they're not supposed to develop into more but I...even when I was with Rin it felt like I was just running from my heart. No matter what you've always been on my mind. Sure I'd play it off and make it seem like it was less then it was. I was always good at hiding but I wanted to let you know now, even if you don't feel the same way." spoke Haru.

Yuki looked at the charm and he clutched it in his hand a little, he of course sighed and closed his eyes.

"I'm not a girl Haru." spoke Yuki.

"I know." spoke Haru.

"Then how could you say such a thing?" spoke Yuki.

"I'm not heterosexual." spoke Haru.

Yuki looked at him and sighed. "This will only make you more ostracized by the world then being cursed." he spoke.

Haru chuckled. "Priceless Yuki." spoke him turning Black.

"No Haru, I don't mean it like it's a bad thing." spoke Yuki.

Haru suddenly snapped back. "What?" he asked.

"I just don't want you to be hurt is all, I don't want you to be in trouble or danger. I care about you a lot." spoke Yuki.

Haru's eyes went wide and Yuki knew it then. "I know maybe I've always wanted to be normal and fit in. You're braver then I am Haru, you always were. I don't know what I feel but I know that I don't want you hurt." spoke Yuki.

Haru reached out a hand to Yuki's, Yuki looked at Haru as Haru leaned in closer, before Yuki knew it he'd closed his eyes and he and Haru were kissing there in the hallway. The entire school stood still, Hana watched the kiss with Uo smiling a little. Tohru's eyes had gone wide, Kyo was looking sick, and Momiji was giggling. The fangirls had stopped and all gone pale, even the other guys at the school were pale. This wasn't happening, everything in the fangirls's minds had been turned upside down. Yuki and Haru were kissing in the hall way, both men, both separated cousins in a spread out family, both breaking every rule possible, and yet Yuki felt safe as Haru wrapped his arms around him.

"It was always you." spoke Haru hugging him.

Yuki felt the tears come to his eyes as he buried his face in Haru's shoulder. "I have never felt this way about a man in my life Haru. But I know now, I am feeling something with you." spoke Yuki.

Haru smiled as he held Yuki close. Uo quickly ran over with Hana as the fangirls were coming at full speed.

"No Yuki! You can't be!" one of them exclaimed.

Yuki broke apart from the hug as Uo stopped one of the fangirls from getting too close. Hana glared at them and they quickly ran off.

"So the prince is gay?" asked Uo.

Yuki blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "Well no." he said.

Haru looked to Uo. "I'm the exception to his rules." spoke Haru.

Uo punched Haru's shoulder. "Yeah not like we got a problem with it." spoke Uo.

Tohru walked over, Kyo following behind her. "Congratulations to you both." she spoke with a kind smile.

Yuki smiled at Tohru. "Thank you Miss Honda." he spoke.

Tohru looked at Haru with a knowing smile, and he smiled back at her with a simple nod.

"Glad none of the teachers were around, but I have a feeling this news'll spread." spoke Uo.

Momiji looked at them both. "What about Akito?" he asked.

Yuki felt dread run through him, Akito. What if he found out? He looked to Haru who just looked at Momiji.

"Don't worry I'll handle it." spoke Haru.

"We'll handle any trouble makers too, just in case." spoke Uo.

Tohru smiled and handed her friends the chocolates she'd gotten them, Kyo smiled, he knew Tohru would get chocolates for Uo and Hana as always. Finally the bell wrung and Haru walked Yuki to class holding his hand. Finally Yuki went into the class room, even with the stares, he didn't seem to mind this. His heart was fluttering and pounding, he knew then he was falling for Haru.

After school, they returned to Shigure's house. Yuki was leaning his head on Haru's shoulder as he sat down on the porch with Haru. Tohru came out then and smiled at Yuki she handed him some chocolates, the same box she'd gotten for Kyo which he noticed.

"Thank you Tohru." spoke Yuki with a smile.

She smiled back at him, the chemistry was still between them. Kyo meanwhile was on the roof and peered down at this.

"Maybe it's time I rethink things." spoke Kyo to himself.

Tohru went back inside handing Shigure the rest of the chocolates for the rest of the family including his of course.

"Thank you Tohru. I'm sure everyone will love them." spoke Shigure.

She smiled and went to cook dinner, from there she could see Haru and Yuki.

'Mom what is it? When two people love each other? It's beautiful no matter what they are born as in gender, right?' thought Tohru.

As she thought about it, she was glad they were together, even though her own heart was still mixed up. She was in love with Yuki, she knew that now. And she didn't want to hurt Kyo, but this was all so much. She knew after her talk with Haru, he didn't mind her and Yuki at all, but what was she to do? Yuki was in love with her right? Haru had told her that, but wat about him and Haru?

'Maybe they're just different types of love.' she thought to herself.

She then nodded and continued her cooking, while Haru kissed Yuki's forehead. "I never dreamed this would happen." spoke Haru.

Yuki just smiled a little. "I hope Akito doesn't get too angry." spoke Yuki.

Haru sighed. "Yuki no matter what, I can tell you this." he said and he moved to look at Yuki.

"I will protect you." spoke Haru.

Yuki shook his head. "I don't need protection Haru. I just need trust. I'm sure together we can make this work." he spoke.

Haru smiled a little and leaned down kissing Yuki once more, Yuki felt almost dizzy with the way Haru was kissing him, it was making him feel weak kneed and yet of course he kissed back. He'd never thought this could happen, but the sparks were there, after everything Haru had done for him and Yuki knew he had to do as much for Haru as possible in return. As they broke the kiss, they heard a gasp and looked up, there stood Kagura.

"Yuki and Haru?" she asked a little shocked.

"Oh hey Kagura." spoke Yuki.

"What are you doing here?" asked Haru.

"Kyo called me, he said he wanted to talk to me." spoke Kagura.

The air fell silent. "Why would he wish to speak with his ex?" asked Haru a little shocked.

"I don't know." spoke Kagura.

"Oh hell Kagura!" exclaimed Tohru.

"Tohru! Hi!" exclaimed Kagura as she ran over and hugged Tohru.

Tohru smiled and got Kagura's chocolates from Shigure. Yuki stood up and looked to Haru.

"I need to go speak with Kyo." he spoke.

Haru nodded and walked over next to Kagura as she smiled happily and thanked Tohru for the chocolates. Yuki went to the roof and looked at Kyo.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"She loves you." spoke Kyo.

"What?" asked Yuki.

"Tohru, she loves you." spoke Kyo.

"Did she say such a thing?" asked Yuki.

"No but she didn't have to." spoke Kyo.

Yuki looked confused and Kyo stood up. "I know she doesn't want to hurt me, and I can see it in her eyes that she loves me too. But she's in love with you." spoke Kyo.

"I...I didn't know." spoke Yuki.

"It's ok, you know? I know she cares about me and loves me, that's enough. That's all I need from her. But I want her to be happy, truly happy, you know?" spoke Kyo.

"So why call Kagura?" asked Yuki.

"Because Kagura is in love with me still. She tried to move on but I know her. And honestly, I may be in love with Tohru, but I won't hold her back from true happiness. Maybe giving Kagura another chance would make things better." spoke Kyo.

"Have you even broken up with Tohru?" asked Yuki.

Kyo shook his head. "No but...I plan to." he spoke.

Yuki sighed. "I'm sorry." he said.

"Nah don't be." spoke Kyo.

Kyo looked at Yuki and smiled. "You know, now it doesn't bother me that we were always compared, even with love. Because no matter what, we're different, we have a truce now. Tohru didn't choose you over me, not intentionally. I've won in my own way now." he spoke.

Yuki nodded and the both of them went down from the roof and into the kitchen.

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Author: Please Review
Sign up to rate and review this story